PDA

View Full Version : Jat History education in Haryana.

urmiladuhan
December 16th, 2002, 10:43 PM
I was recently going through Haryana Governments list of Depts., Boards, Corporations etc and was surprised to see a full fleged department for 'Ministers Car

Section Department'!! Haryana government promotes Panjabi and Urdu culture as it has dedicated boards and Corporation for Panjabi

Sahitya (called Haryana Panjabi Sahitya Academi Boards and Corporation... and a similar kind for Urdu Sahitya) but there is no such board etc for Jat Sahitya!! If Jat culture is not promoted in Haryana, where else can it be expecteed to flourish?! There is a state ministry for education and languages in Haryana- just wondering if Jattu

may be occupying some dark little corner here

harvindermalik
December 19th, 2002, 01:28 AM
urmila ji aapne ab note kiya hai ..mai inko kab se bta rha hu..pr koi asar na ho rya.. majak samzate hai aise ideas ko

upar se kahenge jat ka culture to bs agriculture hio hai

in baton ke mamle me hamare neta aur officer kitna dhyan rakhte hai iska example batata hu..till 90s haryana me second Language ka darja..TELGU ka tha..ab socho baith kai ak haryana ar telgu ka ke sambandh sai!!!!!!! koi telgi IAS rha hoga..wo apni bhasha pramote kr gya hoga!!!

aur ab punjabi sai...

rsdalal
December 19th, 2002, 02:16 AM
I got a book "The Jats" by Girish Chander Diwedi" (Have not completed yet) But it has all the information which I did not knew much before. It tells about jat rebelion from 1665 onwards, about Gokul Jat and how he started and gave face to first jat protest against aurangjeb. At the same time two more forces were there, One was Shivaji in South and Guru Teg bahadur in Punjab side. Jats were in the most difficult spot, as being very close to Dehi and it was not easy to do such thing near the Mugal capital. But how much we read that in Indian History. None. It talks about Rajput Rajas as well. But My view is all Rajput Raja's did helped Aurangjeb to suppress JATS, Maratha and Sikhs. I do not understand after reading all this how they can claim their proudness. At least we owe this much to our ancestor that they are not forgethen. Need to do something about this ???

harvindermalik
December 19th, 2002, 04:23 AM
rajputa nai to apani badai gawalyi..apne darbari poets se..jato ke rajwade jyada hue hi na..to badai koun gavai tha..???

rajputo ne to APANI BETI de di thi MUGLO ko..{ Jodha Bai to AKBAR) esi liye unke rajputane bache rhe

raj2rif
December 19th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Urmila Ji,
I have a little different view on the subject. Punjabi Sahitya and Urdu Sahitya deals with the languages and not with the communities. As far as Jats are concerned, we all speak Hindi Language for which there is Hindi Sahitya existing. What as a community we should be concerned is, how many from our community write some thing that merits inclusion in text books.
I agree that the History of Jats should find a place in the text books bringing out the community's contribution in the Nation Building. The contribution of the community in the Green Revolution is some thing that needs to be highlighted.

Urmila (Dec 16, 2002 12:16 p.m.):
I was recently going through Haryana Governments list of Depts., Boards, Corporations etc and was surprised to see a full fleged department for 'Ministers Car

Section Department'!! Haryana government promotes Panjabi and Urdu culture as it has dedicated boards and Corporation for Panjabi

Sahitya (called Haryana Panjabi Sahitya Academi Boards and Corporation... and a similar kind for Urdu Sahitya) but there is no such board etc for Jat Sahitya!! If Jat culture is not promoted in Haryana, where else can it be expecteed to flourish?! There is a state ministry for education and languages in Haryana- just wondering if Jattu

may be occupying some dark little corner here

raj2rif
December 19th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Dear Harvinder Malik,

I don't think we should give a brand name to any community by one act (like Jodhabai marrying Akbar). Jodhabai, episode was a political decision taken by one kingdom at that particular time and did not represent the entire Rajput community even at that time.
We also have Maharana Sangram Singh and Maharana Pratap who fought brilliantly against Mugals.

The second question comes of Rajput's asking their poets to sing for themselves. What we must ask ourselves is that why Jat's did not have so many Kingdoms as the Rajputs had. If we see the population density and the land holdings, Jats should have had atleast half number of the kingdoms as the Rajputs had, but we didn't. And even if we did, they were not big enough to be called kingdoms and probably remained as Jamidaris only. The question comes why? The only reason I can guess is could be lack of cooperation and the leadership. When it comes to the leadership, I mean both, either lack of it or too many of them, like we see today.

We can't change the History, but we can definitely work for the present and plan for the future.

harvinder malik (Dec 18, 2002 05:53 p.m.):
rajputa nai to apani badai gawalyi..apne darbari poets se..jato ke rajwade jyada hue hi na..to badai koun gavai tha..???

rajputo ne to APANI BETI de di thi MUGLO ko..{ Jodha Bai to AKBAR) esi liye unke rajputane bache rhe

harvindermalik
December 19th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Col. sahab u said...why Jat's did not have so many Kingdoms... esi mamle me maine topic chhoda hai..NAGETIVE POINTS OF JATAS ..aap thoda time us ke liye nikale

rhi bat punjabi ke Language hone ki..to sir ..kya punjabi apane aap se Language ban gai??? matlab punjabiyo ne boli pr mehnat karke uski grammer bna ke Language ka status dilwaya hai ... lekin jato ne to nahi kiya aisa??

haryanvi/JATU me purana enough Literature hai.. like LAKHMICHANDs poetry jo kisi bhi mayne me KAlidas se kam na hai...AGAR KOI TIME NIKAL KE PADHE TO...Mehar Singh's/ Baje Bhagat's..poetry padh lo... en bechro ka kasoor yhi rha hai ki en ne aisi BEKADRI kom ki boli/bhasha me likh diya..jo enke kam ko aage na badh pai..Kitne hi sang hai...lekin kabhi kisi ne en pr dhyan na diya...mai dave se kah sakta hu ki Udaybhanu Hans se kai guna behtar likha hua hai en logo ne..jab U B H ko padhya ja sakta hai to inhe kyo nahi???

Surdaas ne..meera ne jo poetry ki hai kya wo hindi me thi??? No... wo Brijboli me thi awadhi me thi..use adept kiya gya hai hindi me.. hindi sahitya to bna hi..kadi boliyo se hai..
ak aur aapko bta du.. Hindi kisi Paredsh ki bhasha na thi use to apnaya gya hai.. har jagah ki asal to boliya hi hai..chahe wo UP hi kyo na ho..awdhi/Brij/Pahadi/bojpuri..ye asal bhasha ya boli hai Up ki bhi...

dusre apani boli/bhasho ke liye kya kr rhe hai..iske liye latest example ke liye es link pe click kre...
http://www.webduniya.com/news/national/0212/19/1021219021_1.htm