PDA

View Full Version : Formula for Happiness :)

urmiladuhan
January 8th, 2003, 05:01 AM
A pair of British researchers said Monday they had worked out a simple equation to quantify happiness that could put an exact figure on the emotional state.
After interviewing 1,000 people, the researchers--a psychologist and a self-styled "life coach"--concluded that happiness equals P + 5E + 3H.
In the equation, P stands for Personal Characteristics (outlook on life, adaptability and resilience); E for Existence (health, friendships and financial stability) and H represents Higher Order (self-esteem, expectations and ambitions).
Psychologist Carol Rothwell co-authored the report with Pete Cohen. They asked interviewees--a mix of men and women all over 18 years old--to choose five scenarios that made them more happy or less happy from a list of 80 different situations.
They also asked a series of questions about their own natures, outlooks and situations.
Not surprisingly, the results showed that men and women found happiness in different ways.
Sunny weather, being with family and losing weight were more of an influence on women's happiness, while romance, sex, hobbies and victories by their favorite sports teams were more important to men.
"This is the first equation that enables people to put a figure on their emotional state," Rothwell said. "The findings show that certain events, such as job promotion, can impact positively on your overall happiness."
The study was commissioned by a holiday company that wanted to understand what made people happier.

dkumar
January 8th, 2003, 10:47 AM
good work carried out by researchers for the quatification of happines....though I feel its something which cant be generalised!

Urmila Ji....Thanks for sharing the info!

akdabas
January 9th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Urmila Ji,

Yo formula te achcha lage se par mushkil se isne implement kese karenge jindgi mein.

Good topic.

singh_ranvir
January 12th, 2003, 04:16 PM
thanks for sharing informatio,
one's there is start of research on some topic , definitely one day there would be some recommendations to be happy.

vivek
January 13th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Formula for happiness???...some say to marry an ugly wife..like that song...she'll really take care of you. Beautiful women take it really hard when they lose their looks, and they have not developed their personality to boot. I sat next to Praveen babi on an airplane trip....man what a mess!!!

preity
January 13th, 2003, 08:55 PM
P + 5E + 3H.

I think I have achieved this formula! Eis formula ko jindgi mein implement karne ke liye do the following: exercise regularly, eat healthy, find a relaxed job with decent money, and socialize every weekend with family and friends. It’s simple.

amitshokeen
January 13th, 2003, 09:05 PM
KYA KHOOB BAAT HAI HAI PRITI :-)

urmiladuhan
January 13th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Priti Shokeen (Jan 13, 2003 10:25 a.m.):
P + 5E + 3H.

I think I have achieved this formula! Eis formula ko jindgi mein implement karne ke liye do the following: exercise regularly, eat healthy, find a relaxed job with decent money, and socialize every weekend with family and friends. It’s simple.

Good one Priti!

amitshokeen
January 14th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Meri BIBI(Priti) ka Jawab Nahi

akdabas
January 14th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Ye baat to manani hi paregi Amit bhai. :)

Ek dam thik kaha hei..