PDA

View Full Version : may be i am wrong

singh_ranvir
January 12th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Dear friends,

sometimes during the discussions on the leaders of india during freedom fight, i says that Mahatma Gandhi was little bit egoist person and not so tough to british rule.
I gave my points that:
That he agreed for independenec on condition of partitioning of the country, becasue he might be realising that it was impossible for him to continue the struggle and he wanted independence in his presence.
One thing i am not able to digest that if he was such a hard person to british rule like Netaji Subash, Chander Shekhar, Bhagat Singh, then why the british peoples hang over (in their language, for us they are 'Sayeed' for nation) only them , not Gandhi ji.

Sorry for writing like this for a man who did unforgetable for our nation, but in same time i wants to share my confusion with you peoples. May be i did not have full knowledge of subject and situations at that time.

parul
January 12th, 2003, 07:12 PM
sometimes during the discussions on the leaders of india during freedom fight, i says that Mahatma Gandhi was little bit egoist person and not so tough to british rule.
I gave my points that:
That he agreed for independenec on condition of partitioning of the country, becasue he might be realising that it was impossible for him to continue the struggle and he wanted independence in his presence.
" well just a little piece of advise here, independence movement was not a result of just Gandhi, British decided to give independence,because it was becoming difficult for them to control masses ( mind you not Gandhi)."

One thing i am not able to digest that if he was such a hard person to british rule like Netaji Subash, Chander Shekhar, Bhagat Singh, then why the british peoples hang over (in their language, for us they are 'Sayeed' for nation) only them , not Gandhi ji.

"Bose and Chandrashekhar were not hanged, only Bhagat Singh was hanged.I think this got something to do with the policy of appeasement british were dealing with the congress.And also Gandhi had a public appeal which others didn't(on an all india level)."

Sorry for writing like this for a man who did unforgetable for our nation, but in same time i wants to share my confusion with you peoples. May be i did not have full knowledge of subject and situations at that time.[/quote]

"If you actually want to read about modern India, you may want to read Sumit Sarkar(history from a common man's perspective )
I think the whole trouble is that we have a tradition of gloryfing individuals."

vivek
January 13th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Gandhi was not hung, because unlike others he was also clever. He was a lawyer, and operated under the legality of the system. he did not break any laws that would require a death penalty. Further, he was good at public relations.

Perhaps he was naive in protecting the muslims, as surely the muslims in Pakistan were not as forgiving to the Hindus. Now Pakistani have gotton their land, thrown all the Hindus out, and India is stuck with a huge muslim population which is increasing at an alarming rate. Mullahs in indian masjid (at least in Aligarh) have given a dictat to the women folk to have at least ten kids....in order to outbreed the Hindus. Sometimes I am glad that I left India behind with thinking like that among the masses.

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Parul ji, I beg to differ here,
Bhagat singh had very much public apeal. Britisher hangged him before the time to avoide all the problems his death can cause.
Britishers did not had any reason to hang Gandhi, hewas not harming them in any way, They could have rulled India if they wanted to, with 100 Gandhis in India.

Parul (Jan 12, 2003 08:42 a.m.):
And also Gandhi had a public appeal which others didn't(on an all india level)."

"

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Their is one more theory floating regarding independence of India. Here it is...
Britishers left India not beacuse of Gandhi, but for their own long term benefits. they coulld have ruled India for long with Gandhi, if they wanted to.
Communist were spreading and if Britishers would have stayed for long, it was very much possible that another big nation would have slipped to communist's fold(like china did in 1949). By leaving India they made sure that India would be a long term ally for them.
Again back to Gandhi, if world was so much impressed with his theory why the keep opressing Nelson mandela for 26 years in jail.

In my opinion Gandhi was a mahatma not a freedom fighter.

singh_ranvir
January 13th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Parul ji,

as per your advice
" well just a little piece of advise here, independence movement was not a result of just Gandhi, British decided to give independence,because it was becoming difficult for them to control masses ( mind you not Gandhi)."

I fully agree with this that british peoples agreed to give independance because of the reasons that they were not able to control the masses. They gave independenace on the terms of partitioning of india, but as you said that Gandhi ji had a public appeal which others did not had, in that context i put my confusion that having such an public appeal why did he agreed on such conditions of partitioning. Was it his desire or he did not want to fight more. Are you agree with that he was involved in this decision and did not oppose it. What may be reasons behind this, Let me know.
One more thing i am not glorifying individuals here, i know that the freddom fight and independence was not only by Gandhi, this is given to us by an uncountable 'Sayeeds, fighter' who sacrificed their lifes and their names were not even mentioned anywhere.
Here i am discussing the role of a famous person in our history, and we learn a lot of, not lot of , most of things from history.

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM
As per one book "Partition at midnight" (I beleive this is the correct name, Read it 5-6 years back, so fogive me in case name is not accurate). When partition was proposed, Gandhi was against it and he urged British to leave India on its own fate.
But they bypassed Gandhi on this issue and instead of this, they involved Congress and Muslim league leaders on direct talks. Both of them aggreed on partition. But still lots of people blame Gandhi for partition.

mugdha
January 13th, 2003, 07:51 PM
clear

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks Mugdha,
Yes that was it.
You are right that our views are always baised, no matter how you analyse and try to filter out the baised portion, it is impossible to filter out 100%.
But more diverse versions you read more chances to reach to the correct picture.
But in case of Gandhi, more writing are one sided and others are banned by Indian Govt and it is hard for them to reach at international level.(I am reffering books on Nathu Ram Godse)

Mugdha (Jan 13, 2003 09:21 a.m.):
i guess dalal saab is trying to mention "Freedom at Midnight "by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre .

as such i have no great /specific views to express but just a generalised point i would like to make here.

what i always feel is that......we read so less and above that we analyse even less.....so most of the time our views are biased .......

somehow if seen from all the possible perspectives.....then almost anything can be justified.so, so many a times i've come to a conclusion that nobody is absolutely right or wrong and similarly nobody is absolutely crucial and otherwise.

with best regards
mugdha rao

amitshokeen
January 13th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Gandi. Oh Ganhi . What a bad luck of india to have peole like Gandi and Nehru,w ho just for there personal gians screwed INdia. What did Gandi do , just satyagarh, that's it and Nehru the Number one Womaniser in indian hisroty. get house arrest and taht also may be with some women. Nehru who didn't get one vote for as president of Indian National was made the president of Indian National on the request of Gandhi. Patel got all 12 votes and he was all set for to become President of Indian National congress. Our history would have been so different if nehru was not there. This Kashmir blunder , created by nehru, punhab created by hes daughter. and so on. I my opinion the Patel, Bose should have been the leader of the Independent India. They could have totally given a new dimension to our country. China and India were almost on same level in 1050 and Look where China is. They can do any thing with out giving a Dammn to US and it allies. and India who just keep parking about teaching a lesson to Pakistan if it send some more millitant have got not guts to take on Pakistan.They keep lookinf toward US for some help or some nod to do some action and in the meanwhile paki keep on doing what they are best at.Partition Totally could have been avoided. Nehru . Jinha the two power hungry people could have easily been sidelined if the Indian politians have played there card well. All the politican along with Muslim politians were against the paritiion. Muslim League didn't got any seat when first stood out alone in election.Bose who was such great leader was toally sideline bez Gandhi didn't like Bose idea about kicking the angrz BUTTS with a force. His version of showing dislike was HAME DANDE MARTHE RAHO JAB TAK AAP KA HATH NA TAK JAYE AUR MAN NA BHARJAYE. USKE BAAD AAP CHALE JANA.Great leader like Bhagat are toatlly forgotten. IF I WAS NATU RAM Goodse i would have killed those idiots long back. I totally agree for the reason why he killed gandi.
BAs yaaro likhna baand kartha huno. gussa tu maine ithna aawe hai in duno ka naam sunte hi ki baata nahi sakta.

amitshokeen
January 13th, 2003, 08:25 PM
I belong to Gurgaon area , where there is huse MEW populations.10 year agao they were very well mixed with the hindu society , often they used to greet women by saying TAI RAM RAM , but recently i visited gugaon and saw huge differnce. They are breeding like rabbits on the instructions of there MULLAHS to become in equal number as of hindu. There was one incident when some of old friend were sipping chai in near dhaba and guy over there said( A MEW) that arey jo 4-5 bacche paida nahi karange tu tum hindu ke brabar kaise aangye.
If all these muslim were kicked out of india at partition we would not have these problem today. Why when TWO nation were seprated just on the Basis of religion then why our stupid neta allowed them to stay in india. IN Pakistan they have systematcially clean all the hindu Society either they all are killed or later they shifted back to india. Aur ek Hamre NEta heine (MULLYAM YADAN) barke jo kawe seine pakistan hamra chota bhai se.Kam se Ithen Aandi des ne neta hamse gatiya mile seine