PDA

View Full Version : Jats vs Indian History

sansanwalamit
January 15th, 2003, 07:53 AM
hello,
most of us have studied NCERT books in our lives , which are the main syllabus books in 95% of India and they were always a window for person like me to the Indian History.
Surprisingly, I never ever read anything about Jats in those books except a little paragraph in one of the years i studied history.....
these books are the only or one of the few history books most of the people read throughout their lives unless you take up history further or develop an avid interest in it........thus shouldnt someting be done about it .......
Thanx to my surroundings I still got to know about Raja Soorajmal, Sir Chhotu ram and other remarkable heros of our history .....but what about those people who heard these names for the first time in their lives ....or who still dont know about them.....these books are very imporatnt coz one just doesnt read them but study them, thus if heros like Sir Chottu Ram arent included in them then there wouldnt be as many people rememebring him in future as many do now......
and he and other heros of our history did have an impact on the modern Indian history thus tey derserve to be there .....and when Sikh community can bring changes in those books to correct them , then why cant we......
And I guess we do have people with right contacts and right power required to do so .....and they know it as well who that they can do so .....thus I would suggest them that they should do so and noone knows what if this struggle to get the required status to ones how havent go it yet .....might add them in our history toooo.
Thank you