PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Cross

sansanwalamit
February 20th, 2003, 01:25 AM
An interesting page for information on Victoria Cross awardees .....includes pictures and information plus links to the main site if interested then check out
http://faculty.winthrop.edu/haynese/india/medals/vc/indvc.html

ishwarlamba
February 20th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Amit Beta,
Thanks for the site.
I printed the details with photo Shri Richpal Ram, who got two VC in WWII and put in front of my office table. My forefathers migrated long back from Dalanwas Barda(the mahan atma belonged to this village) to village Kutabgarh in Delhi.

It gives me lot of inspiration

How are all your familiy members in Katwaria Sarai

With love
Ishwar Lamba

sansanwalamit
February 21st, 2003, 04:52 AM
Thank you Sir Lamba jee,
I am a little confused by your question , as how all of my family members are in Katwaria Sarai , but by looking at your post I am assuming that you are aksing me ragarding my gotra Sansanwal as in how come all the Sansanwals come from Katwaria Sarai.....well I do not know much about it myself all I know is that all the Sansanwals originally came from Bharatpur which was a Jat kingdom ruled by none other then Great Raja Soorajmal who himself was a Sansanwal......in Bharatpur there is small village called Sinsini and the people of the village were called Sinsinwars .......then the jat forces of bharatpur under the leadership of Raja Soorajmal attacked dilli (Red Fort) and a majority of his soldiers were Sinsinwars(Sansanwals) .....now I do not know the outcome of the battle but I was always told that to increase the hindu population in dilli suba many jat families stayed back and made there own small villages Katwaria Sarai being one of them ....and very few families also lived in the tehsil of Mehrauli and village of Bijwasan where you find one or two houses of Sansanwals even today .....and as there was prosperity in this region thus Sinsinwars never went back to Sinsini and there purpose of increasing hindu population also got solved and there name became Sansanwal from Sinsinwar due to the course of time ....my Grandfather also used to tell me a story about the first Sansanwal who came and settled in Katwaria Sarai but I do not remember it very well thus wouldnt quote that ..... Sansanwal in itself is a very small gotra including Sinsinwars ....thus we are not spread out a lot like many other gotras we only migrated once and that was in 1600s according to my knowledge and as there was no migration later on one only finds Sansanwals in Katwaria Sarai and Sinsinwars in the village sinsini....infact if you ever come across with a Sansanwal in your life again there is a 98% chance that he is from Katwaria Sarai and probablly knowing me or my family for sure...as we are a very small clan.....I hope this answers your question well and I am sorry if mistook your question and answered it in total different direction .....if so then please ask me again I would be more then happy to answer your questions.....
thank you ....

sansanwalamit
February 21st, 2003, 05:10 AM
I am very sorry Sir Lamba Jee,
I just realised that you were simply asking how my family is doing in Kaywaria Sarai and stupid me, I started telling you the whole history of my Gotra .....sillly me ....please excuse me with a laughter for that...and yes my family members are doing pretty well ...and I hope the same for your family too....I hope you do not mind what I just did ......and I really appreciate and am really impressed by your love for Shri Richpal Ram it inspires me to love our heroes and learn from their lives.
Thank you

ishwarlamba
February 21st, 2003, 07:51 AM
Amit Beta,
Thanks for the two nice replies.
U know I also come a village Kutabgarh Delhi and studied in IIT Delhi built in your village land. Hence it is my right to say few words to Sujata, Ashok Dabas, DP Dagar and u the youngest. U studied in the best school in Ajmer. We all jats have high expectations from u. In the lot you and Sujata come from South Delhi. Beta meetha bolo. Tum to bach jaoge ye kaha kerke "I am youngest", lekin Sujata Beti ka kya hoga. Aap sab ko bolne me Victoria Cross lena hai.
it is all joke

with love
Ishwar
--------------------------------------

Amit Sansanwal (Feb 20, 2003 06:40 p.m.):
I am very sorry Sir Lamba Jee,
I just realised that you were simply asking how my family is doing in Kaywaria Sarai and stupid me, I started telling you the whole history of my Gotra .....sillly me ....please excuse me with a laughter for that...and yes my family members are doing pretty well ...and I hope the same for your family too....I hope you do not mind what I just did ......and I really appreciate and am really impressed by your love for Shri Richpal Ram it inspires me to love our heroes and learn from their lives.
Thank you