PDA

View Full Version : Good Listener

ishwarlamba
February 27th, 2003, 07:46 AM
We have Shri Chand Chadda as general secretary of Hill District Arya Samaj in Sydney.
He is in marketing and held very senior positions in India before migrating to Australia.
He went to a company and the customer started speaking very bad about his products he wanted to sell and his company. Chand Bhai kept listening to him with a smile.
When the customer cooled down, he said I am very sorry, I spoke too much and bad about your company. Chand said that is all right, when u are placing the order.
Customer became very happy and placed the order.
We are proud of such a general secretary of our Arya Samaj.

We do not realise how many orders we are loosing every day, if we not good listeners.

When u are listening, your mind is working 500 times than when u are speaking.

uday
February 27th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Lamba ji kafi accha likha hai..

lrburdak
March 3rd, 2003, 01:07 PM
Lamba ji
You have brought a very good idea. If we aspire to be good conversationalist, a good sales man, an influencing personility; we have to be an attentive listener.
We have to remember that the man we are talking to is a hundred times more interested in himself and his wants and his problems .
So be a good listener.

saroj
March 5th, 2003, 06:45 AM
In my opinion, a good listener is who pay full attention without interruption and do not blame or give any suggestions.

uday
March 5th, 2003, 11:52 AM
It is difficult to become a "Good Listener" then a "Good Speaker"....

try sometime and judge yoursself...

lrburdak
March 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Uday ji, you are right . It is easy to become a good speaker. It is not impossible to become a good listener. Inorder to become a good listener some of the points can be useful-
Encourage the speaker to talk.
Do not interrupt
Show understanding and respect.
Pay attention, concentrate.
Avoid distractions.
Show empathy.
Be open minded.
Listen to feelings and not just words.