PDA

View Full Version : what u all say about it?

d_dhankhar
March 2nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
hi all ,

i wanted to post this message for quite sometime. but today i decided to post this message. actually i live in Australia, and i m satying here with a jat sikh guy. he is from amritsar.
as i m a very regular visiter of this site, one day i was reading the humar section and i was reading a joke on sardar. i was laughing, i also told him to read that joke. he read that and appriciated that joke. and he liked the site too he asked me whether he can be the member of this site or not. and then i told him "yeah why not".
as he was signing up the form he read somewhere that the membership of this site is only for the hindu jats. he felt really bad on this discrimination. he told me that people shouldnt do this kind of thing. its good if u r sitting in ur community and laughing about ur own community or on urself. but its really bad that u laugh on some other community. he is very intellegent person. so he just calm down. but i felt really bad that we have simply no right to laugh on others. on one side we ristricted our membership only for the hindu jats and on other side we are laughing on others.

i remebered one lesson regarding this. i was preparing for the SSB interview after my NDA exam. i joined the Minerva Acedemy in Chd. there while teaching us the intervieweing techniques Mrs Rupan Deol Bajaj(IAS every body knows her in india) she told us that during ur SSB if u want to crack any joke crack on urself(community u belong) not on others. coz u never know about the others whether they can tolerate this r not.

i was feeling very bad about this incident happened in my house. thats why i want to share this with u all. can u all give me ur suggestions. that whether we are doing right or wrong.

if i hurt anyone then i m really very sorry.

sansanwalamit
March 2nd, 2003, 02:03 PM
well you do make a lot of sense to me ...that one shouldnt laugh at others or others' communities especially in their absence .....but I guess we are missing out on one point here ....we are not being critical of any community in particular here .....cracking a joke doesnt really mean laughing at the community .....infact if you observe then you will see that there are more jokes on our own community then anyother community on this site apart from that I do not know why but every country and society has some community on which there are jokes ....I mean in UK you have Scots in US you have Yanks in Canada you have Newfies in europe you have Poles.....well just like that our sikh community has been a subject of many jokes....I presonally do not appreciate it and do not post jokes like that myself .....but since my childhood I have heard many jokes on the community I do not say its wrong till its done in a healthy spirit and without being judgemental.....I also have many sikh friends who tell jokes about themselves too just like me I have a whole lot of Jat jokes and I love to tell them......and infact the forum means Humour ....and its all done in a very positive spirit ......still if you think it is not right then .......I would be party with you in getting those jokes removed if they make someone feel bad due to which the purpose of this site is understood totally wrong .....I really do not want this site to have a negative image by any means ......and I cannot comment on the memebrship of this website as I am not a party in policy making of the website ....all I know its a place where hindu jats come and share their views .....and due to that a non hindu jat is bound to feel out of place in here so its better that you are one of the commmunity to enjoy this site thoroughly as their can be many clashes of ideas and views.....just like on the humour section....I hope you understand what I mean....

ishwarlamba
March 3rd, 2003, 07:39 AM
Deepak Beta,
1. Our site at present is well defined as for Hindu Jats. There can be good or bad reasons for it. We want to organise this lot first. Let us create a network for Rajesthan, UP, Haryana, Delhi, MP, Maharastra and Andhra Jats
Sikh jats are already too organised, in Gurudwara etc, where we may not become a member. Later on we may open membership to sikh jats also a time may come it may be open to muslim jats also.
2. Our jat sikhs were gorrila fighters, they used to attach muslims when they where with wine and woman. That is why they used to say sardoro ke 12 bajgaye. We should be proud of them.
With love

lrburdak
March 3rd, 2003, 12:12 PM
Respected Lamba ji
You are very right. Sikh jats are strongly united through Sikh religion. They have a very good network of Gurudwaras. They all have a common holy-book. Hindu Jats have probably nothing common which can keep them united. Jats are united under heavy external pressures ony. To run such a big community smoothly we have to follow some rules. There is nothing wrong in keeping this site for hindu jats only.As far as humour is concerned it should not be taken seriously. Jokes are only for entertainment.
regards