PDA

View Full Version : bravest man i know (..a jatland member)

rameshlakra
March 20th, 2003, 11:55 PM
dear all
at National defence academy he was a very active cadet , he was in lima sqadraon & did proud his squadron in crosscountry, boxing and various other activity a number of times. he was a josh-type-cadet as they say at nda . he was respected by one and all and designated josh-box of squadron in his 6 th term.
Everthing was fine and pink unless the tragedy struck him at IMA (dehradun), barely less then a month from passing out as proud officer into indian army , an accident occured. while he was doing his obstacle cource (double wall ), he did it it with more josh as he had been stying right at the top in obstacle training. he landed upside down on his neck as his hands got struck in his FMSOpack could not take the his body weight.he was immediatelly airlifted to delhi .his spinal cord near neck had got crushed and he was declared paralytic neck down. the brave man kept smiling even then in that hour of tragedy.
he had only three joints working viz.. the neck movement , the wrist and hand joint. he was shifted to pune for further treatment but nothing much could be done . this is the time when i got to know him personally . i went to meet him . what i could make out was that the bravity is in the blood , his mother ( whom i call aunty) was equally brave . there was not an iota of regret or ill feeling towards destiny . there was no anger towards god . he had painted "do not push" on the back of his wheel chair . he exercised his three movable joints everyday with innovative weight training , kept his weight under control by reducing to less then 45 kgs so that it would be easy for the helper to lift him . what surprised me was that he was always joking and never once morost or down , he had his own plans and dreams set . he joined computer classes and topped with exhobitantly high marks .he bought modified handicapped edition car for commuting around. he had his life planned as if nothing happened to him infact he made it a point that all around him are staying more happy than usual . the vey fact that he is a jat makes me very proud . i have learned from him to be stronger and also that whatever happens in one's life, one should always be happy and make best out of whatever left and not crying over spilled over. last i met him before seeing him here at jatland he had his plans to shift to usa and get him operated for any further improvement in his condition .
i may not have justified him in words here as i am not very good in this foreign language ( which all of us are) . but i know he is much more brave then the words i have put in here .
also i am not sharing this piece of info here for u to look at him with the sympathic look but to just know him and learn to live life from him.
ladies and gentleman he is navin gulia ( as u could make out fm his latest picture in wheel chair). even, to be frank with u i could write this only after seeing his picture in wheel chair otherwise he would have scolded me for this , any way i am proud to introduced the real gutsy navin gulia here and he rightly deserve his this introduction here.

anurana
March 21st, 2003, 01:31 AM
Thanks Ramesh for introducing this Brave Young Man to Us. You are a HERO Navin. We all are glad to have you here with us. I wish you all the best .
- Anu

artikundu
March 21st, 2003, 12:04 PM
dear sir,
i am so much influenced by him.seriously if anyone would have been in his place must be cursing god for doing all this but inspite of this he fight with his destiny and brought the best in him.all the best for his future.

Ramesh Lakra (Mar 20, 2003 01:25 p.m.):
dear all
at National defence academy he was a very active cadet , he was in lima sqadraon & did proud his squadron in crosscountry, boxing and various other activity a number of times. he was a josh-type-cadet as they say at nda . he was respected by one and all and designated josh-box of squadron in his 6 th term.
Everthing was fine and pink unless the tragedy struck him at IMA (dehradun), barely less then a month from passing out as proud officer into indian army , an accident occured. while he was doing his obstacle cource (double wall ), he did it it with more josh as he had been stying right at the top in obstacle training. he landed upside down on his neck as his hands got struck in his FMSOpack could not take the his body weight.he was immediatelly airlifted to delhi .his spinal cord near neck had got crushed and he was declared paralytic neck down. the brave man kept smiling even then in that hour of tragedy.
he had only three joints working viz.. the neck movement , the wrist and hand joint. he was shifted to pune for further treatment but nothing much could be done . this is the time when i got to know him personally . i went to meet him . what i could make out was that the bravity is in the blood , his mother ( whom i call aunty) was equally brave . there was not an iota of regret or ill feeling towards destiny . there was no anger towards god . he had painted "do not push" on the back of his wheel chair . he exercised his three movable joints everyday with innovative weight training , kept his weight under control by reducing to less then 45 kgs so that it would be easy for the helper to lift him . what surprised me was that he was always joking and never once morost or down , he had his own plans and dreams set . he joined computer classes and topped with exhobitantly high marks .he bought modified handicapped edition car for commuting around. he had his life planned as if nothing happened to him infact he made it a point that all around him are staying more happy than usual . the vey fact that he is a jat makes me very proud . i have learned from him to be stronger and also that whatever happens in one's life, one should always be happy and make best out of whatever left and not crying over spilled over. last i met him before seeing him here at jatland he had his plans to shift to usa and get him operated for any further improvement in his condition .
i may not have justified him in words here as i am not very good in this foreign language ( which all of us are) . but i know he is much more brave then the words i have put in here .
also i am not sharing this piece of info here for u to look at him with the sympathic look but to just know him and learn to live life from him.
ladies and gentleman he is navin gulia ( as u could make out fm his latest picture in wheel chair). even, to be frank with u i could write this only after seeing his picture in wheel chair otherwise he would have scolded me for this , any way i am proud to introduced the real gutsy navin gulia here and he rightly deserve his this introduction here.

uday
March 21st, 2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks Ramesh for updating all of us.

Navin:- Arrey Diya neeche andhera.....we were not aware that such a nice personality is around us.

amar0974
March 21st, 2003, 03:56 PM
Bhai Ramesh Jaankari Deney key leye bahut bahut Dhanyavad. Ar Bhai Ye Jaan Ka Bahut he Garav Mehsoos ho Raha ha key Apney Site Pa Navin Jaisey Bahadur Sepaye Hain.
Navin Bhai Yahi Hosla hamesa Kayam Rakhio.

pnauhwar21
March 21st, 2003, 04:01 PM
kudos to Naveen. Its really difficult to be such brave and optimistic person like him..

ranjitjat
March 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Thank you Ramesh.
Navin is really great bravest jat soldier.
His sign is also great.
Jat mara jab janiya- tiharami holaye.
From his sign. I thought he is great fighter- look like Kargil war hero- when I saw him in wheelchair .
God bless him every happiness & success in life
with best wishes
Dharmpal Dudee

kharub
March 21st, 2003, 10:35 PM
All my respect and gratitude to such a brave man .
I know if i would have been in a situation like this i would have killed myself.

For he is a strong man and will lead us all, and show us how to be brave in life, how to face adversities and be on top of every challenge that life presents.

I am glad to know someone with such a strong heart and a will to face everything that comes.

Trust me he is my hero forever now.
Now i know where to turn back and look for inspiration.

VJ Kharub

rsdalal
March 21st, 2003, 11:47 PM
Ramesh Bhai,
thanks for sharing this with all of us. this kind of example we should remember and learn from.

shailendra
March 22nd, 2003, 01:14 AM
...It is unbelieveable!!! Amazing and just plainly indescribable in any way!...

There are absolutely no words, on how to react to this, or something that would appropriately give due credit to this brave existence against all odds...

My salute to this gutsy guy!

sansanwalamit
March 22nd, 2003, 01:22 AM
I would like to add more in the achivements of this inspiring man .....I had an opportunity to chat with him once and we started off with taking adventures in life and then we talked about our travels in kashmir and ladakh and i also got a chance to visit his homepage .....well I could never imagine as we went talking about that ...but my heart filled with strength and courage when I saw his webpage and I was totally amazed by his spirit .....I mean in the whole conversation I could have never thoght of it ....like he drove all the way in his car to leh via manali which is a very risky road...apart from that its the spirit of the person that is beyond words........he doesnt even know that how much of courage he put in me and this is how a bigger person like him affects the lives of small people like me ....they give us will to survive and fight and all the courage we need to live our lives with self esteem, dignity and strength .....I pray to the God all the best in world for him and for the people who are behind him his mother, father and his loved ones.....May God bless us all and all of us

shokeen123
March 22nd, 2003, 01:35 AM
One of the most inspring stories on Jatland!

One of the many faces of courage, dignity and honor...

akdalal
March 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Navin,

You are simply great. Keep it up and God Bless you.

Cheers!!!

lrburdak
March 23rd, 2003, 07:09 AM
Navin ji,
We are proud of you !!
keep inspiring us.

anilsangwan
March 23rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Great to learn this !!!
We have Great Inspiring personality with us!
No doubt JATS are like "diamond".....tough and more valuable than anything else............
Proud to be a JAT!!!!!

Anil

kunduanil
March 23rd, 2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks Ramesh for Introducing such a brave man to all of us
Navin I don’t have words for u ....
Just be like that all of your life and God also give us courage that whatever happens in our life we all should cheer up in every situation like u…

gajeshd
March 23rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
Dear Ramesh Bhai,

You have carried out an excellent responsibility by introducing Navin bhai the great hero to us.Thank you very much for that.

Navin Bhai, we are proud of you. It is a great privilege to be related to you thru JL.

singhkapoor
March 23rd, 2003, 07:33 PM
Thanx Ramesh

NAVIN, I am in awe of your valor and strength of character.

Wish you all the best in your endeavors.

navingulia
March 23rd, 2003, 10:30 PM
rai yo tai gajab ho gayaa, mannai tai aaj ai padhya yo post. Lakra, tannai tai mai hero banaa diya.
Bhaiyon, thank you all for appreciating ordinary achievements of minee. at the end of the day we are all ordinary people playing our role, contributing our bit for making things better for everyone. what ever little we can.
I always say I am proud to be a Jat, to have the heart of a Jat. Jat ka dil bahut bada hota hai. Pyaar se maango to jaan maang lo, ad gaye to kuchch nahin milega.
Thank you all for appreciating me.

shekhar_nehra
March 24th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Navin bhai, Hats off to you!

Bhaiyon, thank you all for appreciating ordinary achievements of minee. at the end of the day we are all ordinary people playing our role, contributing our bit for making things better for everyone. what ever little we can.
I always say I am proud to be a Jat, to have the heart of a Jat. Jat ka dil bahut bada hota hai. Pyaar se maango to jaan maang lo, ad gaye to kuchch nahin milega.
Thank you all for appreciating me.

Thanks for being a source of inspiration for all of us.
We all are proud of you!

vivek
March 24th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Navin

You make all our problems seem trivial. Keep smiling brother.

yajuvender
March 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Naveen,

keep it man... community is with YOU

amitdahiya
March 24th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Bhai Navin
What is your address it would be great to come and visit you some time at your convenience. We are making ten committees for Ten ideas for Changewhich are going tobe communicated to our Kaum everywhereespecially in the remote interiors.Would you like to serve on one of the committees.We could work out the details when we meet.
Amit Dahiyabadshah.
CEO
The Brotherhood of the Horse

naveenadalal
March 25th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks Ramesh for introducing "A Real Hero " to all us, Navin is really a very Brave & courageous person who will remember by all us as a "GReat Inspiring Person".

His example will definately help people to change their attitude towards life. Glad to know about him.

We all proud of Navin, May God show His Choicest blessings on u althru ur life.

Stay Tuned with the Zest & Zeal In Ur heart.

arjun
March 27th, 2003, 12:30 PM
i read this post today. ! truly amazing and inspiring !!
i wish some of our brethren who always crib about lack of resources, lack of opportunity, lack of money , lack of this, lack of that.. read this.....
navin bhai datte raho !!
your grit and determination is truly great.
thanks ramesh bhai for sharing it with us

d_dhankhar
March 27th, 2003, 12:38 PM
i have no words for u mate

guliya
March 28th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Navin its a pleasure to know about u,, bahi to hero to sach mei hai--hats off and hope others learn from you

ompati
March 28th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Thanks Ramesh to introduce this young brave member.

We all are proud of you Naveen.

Ompati

mbamal
March 30th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Mhara HERO, NAVIN....

guliya
March 31st, 2003, 05:28 PM
we should learn from naveen !!- gr8 eg to follow

sweet
April 2nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
hello, Navin ji, i am really, not only me, we all are very proud of u, that this brave , determinant , strong, guy is jat, really u r the highlight for all of us, i really proud of u,
wish u luck & life,

regards.

sweet
April 2nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
hello, navin ji, we r really proud of u, u r really a great person, & source of inspiration for us,

i am really proud to be jat,

i wish u luck & life,
regards.