PDA

View Full Version : Aish, Sehwag team up to play street cricket

ishwarlamba
May 13th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Following was in HT dated 13/5/03
I was scared to post in Current Affairs as young people were fighting.

Aish, Sehwag team up to play street cricket
GC Shekhar
Chennai, May 12

Aishwarya Rai has a new partner — Virendra Sehwag. Before Salman Khan rams his car into Sehwag’s gate let us clarify — the two are only teaming up for a Coke ad.

Directed by top ad-movie maker and occasional film director Rajeev Menon, the two famous Indian mascots of Coke spent a day in Chennai last week shooting for the commercial which is actually a variation of an old Pepsi ad, starring Sachin Tendulkar.

In the ad Sehwag, invited by a kid, joins a game of street-cricket and one hefty pull by him sends the cricket ball smashing into Aishwarya's car. An angry Aishwarya blasts Sehwag, who is looking the other way, and asks “Who do you think you are, Sehwag?” When the cricket hero turns around with a mischievous smile, a surprised Aishwarya could only laugh heartily. As the two say cheers with Coke the boy butts in to pick up their autographs.

"It was fun to captain Aish and Viru for a day. Since I had directed Aishwarya in 'Kandukondein, Kandukondein' (a take-off on Pride and Prejudice) we had good chemistry. This was my first encounter with Sehwag and he is a really smart bubbly fellow," quipped Menon, who had earlier directed music wizard AR Rehman in that famous Airtel ad.

When Airtel had sounded out Rahman for the ad and the ad-company had the storyboard ready, Rahman had wanted Menon to direct the commercial.

"Rahman said he would feel comfortable with me, since he had tuned the music for both my films. And he simply breezed through that commercial," recalled Menon.

uday
May 13th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Dear Lambaji,
Thanx for sharing info... Nice one..

rinu
May 13th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Thanx for sharing the good information...
Uncle Ji

Regards,
Rinu

gajeshd
May 13th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Uncle ji,

Aapki parkhi nazar kati badhiya badhiya information dundh ke liave se.

We always eagerly look forward to you posts.

akdabas
May 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Great info !
Sehwag is heading towards the top. Lets cheer up for him.

sanjaychhikara
May 13th, 2003, 10:30 PM
This shows it again he is the best of the best and his best has yet to come!!!!