PDA

View Full Version : Harvinder Malik & Haryanvi Music

rkumar
May 16th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Dear Shri Malik ji and all other members,

It is really heartening to read that Mr Malik is making genuine efforts to make Haryanvi Music pupular. I should express my ignorance about his music..certainly the loss is mine. However, this brings many questions and ofcourse suggestions I have to make here;

1. Music is a universal language and has no national bareers. High time we look at larger market for Haryanvi music in the same way as Panjabi music. I have many marketing ideas which I will be keen to share with Malik Sahib. Let us aim high and I am sure in our life time we can see our culture touching the shores of far away places and not limited just to the Haryana weddings and other evening functions.

2. There is great potential for serious haryanvi cinema. I am sure there is enough talent among our people. We must seriously think of intiating some youger guys into this. I have many ideas in this and certainly will be willing to share and even join hands if required.

3. Publicity is the kew word in todays world. High time we come with innovative ideas as most of us do not have resources to compete with people like Bharat Saha and others..I am sure again we have brain and can match others.

4. Slow and steady wins the long race. Vision is all what takes individuals and then community and nations to greater heights. high time we have a cultural vision. It is prosperity and culture both which will decide our place in today's fast moving world.

5. Last but not the least to our computer kids..from silicon valley..For a long time I have been thinking of a technology for tomorrow's cinema. I am sure like me many must be thinking of the same and this may already be existing or being tested some where. How about complete cinema hall technology where there are no celluloid films, no physical movements of films. Films are aired from some central location via settalite, received by cinema hall directly through dish and then projected on a large screen in the same way as we do slide projections from a Laptop for our biz presentations. This technology will give deep penetration to cinema at a much lower cost to the viwer and far flung areas can benifit. Producers, actors, public all stand to gain..

Why can't we jats take this all as a challenge and show others that we mean business. I am 100% sure together we can do it. Let us begin from tomorrows' technology rather than re-invent the wheel.

Rajendra