PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it to be polite in JATTU..???

anujkumar
May 28th, 2003, 10:31 AM
What do you think about the image of JATTU as "Latt Mar Boli". I think sometime it get the idea across very fast and efficiently... But then people (with in us) who are not well exposed to it find it very "hard" and just a distorted slang of hindi and something belonging to "anpad gawar" and many elite JATS don't use it for the same reason, like people from other communities like behari/gujju etc are do.

The version of haryanavi that politician speak with some words from pure hindi poured in with the same tone, seems good.

What do you think?

Anuj

mbamal
May 28th, 2003, 08:32 PM
i love jaatu or haryanvi a lot..whenever i meet some jat i prefer to talk in haryanvi....we should be proud of what we have...may b its not a languae in itself and its just a dialect..but still its our own...

Regards,

akdabas
May 28th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I know sometimes its difficult to be polite and only other JAT who knows this language can understand the politeness or bluntness in the tone.

I would prefer to talk in JATTU when I am with any other JAT BHAI.

Overall I agree with Mandeep Bhai.

sanjaychhikara
May 29th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Why should we adapt for others convenience when they don’t adapt towards us, take for example sardars; they will always talk to u in their own language

ranjitjat
May 29th, 2003, 10:50 PM
JATUU is our culture & language
I ALWAYS CHAT IN JATUU WITH JAT BHAI
HINDI WITH OTHER INDIAN
ENGLISH WITH THE WORLD
APNI MATHURBHASA KI BAAT HI KUCH AUR HAI- JATUU MAE BAAT KARNIYA MILJATA HAE TO MAJA AJA SAE.
KISI KO RUDE LAG TO LAGI JAO- CHAMCHA GIRI KARNI HO KISI BHASA MAE KARLO.

anujkumar
May 30th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Why is "Ragnee" not recognized as a form of art (we heard so many award given to other traditional music artist)?

Ragnee music industry function at "adhoc" basic. No money there. Poor quality..

No recognistion for ragnee artist ? They are poor? No funding from government ??

All events are organized by local funds??

what about "sang". I remeber "sang" being organized 10 year back on regular basis at our place. Not a single in last 6 years..

Do you think both these JAT treditions are going die in recent future??

smalik
May 30th, 2003, 09:51 AM
I think for the same reason we are on this site;I would like to mention one incident here in same regard-in my engg days I met one guy , who came to tech fest organised by my Institute, we started our communications in English. after some time He asked frm which place you belong I said-Rohtak!
"Jat" was his next question
"Yes"
pehla bata demta 15 minute dimag karab kare rakha --was his reply
Then jo hoya --kasutta jammma naaash saa khindda diya

rameshlakra
June 1st, 2003, 12:04 PM
bhaiyo
mein te kahu su is duniya ( jatland )mein do e language honi chayiye
chayee te jatoo chayee pher angrejee
hindi windi mein na mazza aata
ku dharampal tau ji
i love jatoo to the core of my heart . kon kehta hai lath mar language , bhayee beauty lies in the eyes of beholder , mane te jatoo sehad jisse lage se.

ssiwach
June 2nd, 2003, 05:01 AM
apnee bhasha apne logo ke saath hi use kee jaatee hai...mujhe nahee lagta ke hum polite nahee hain....
apnee pahlee job ke interview mein mujhse manager ne kuchh question pooche. Jaise usne pooche , wiase hi maine jawaab diye. Baad mein usne kaha ke kahan ke rahne waale ho , mainee kaha ke Meerut. Kahne laga ke Jat ho kya.. MAine kaha ke haan...kahne laga ke to computer mein kya kar rahe ho..maine kaha ke ab aa gaya hoon to sab set ho jaayega.....
Manager ne kaha ke gussa hone kee jarurat nahee hai , mai bhi Jat hoon..
It happened when I joined IIS Infotech in 1994. I still have good relation with that manager.

anilsangwan
June 2nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
Kaisi bhi khadi boli ho.... koi bhi jat na rook sakta apni boli boley bina... Sach mein maja aa jaa sai jab ghar te door koi apni boli bolan aala bhai mil jaa sai......kayee baar ta ghar te dooor boli ke kaaran peechhan mein aa jaa sai apne jat bhai.. aar baat kar kai bada maja aawai sai...

rsdalal
June 3rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
I love JATTU/Haryanvi and prefer to talk to my people in this. It is just like eating bajre ki Roti with Noonee Ghee. It is not hard to be polite in this, as long as another person gets it.
Karda majaa sa aa ja se...

shivashakti
June 3rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Ranvir bhai kee iss baat mein to dam hei.

Karda mazza sa aa ja sei......JATTU bolne mein.

anujkumar
June 4th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your response members. Quite clearly, consensus is nothing matches with Jattu when it comes to two Jats/fellas knowing it, talking and of course It is in no way a hurdle as we can use other boly when the situation demand. And we give a thumps down to people who adhere to other stuff even with people who wants to talk in Jattu, just to think that would give an impression of more educated elite personality etc.

navingulia
June 6th, 2003, 11:15 AM
jaatu is great language, we can say that Jaatu is a language and hindi is a dialect, its just how you look at it. its beauty is that it is straightforward, you call a stick a stick and a spade a spade.

ranjitjat
June 6th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ramesh- BHATIJAY
sahi baat sai. INDIAN NAVY KI FLAGSHIP INS MYSORE ki deck per- Lakhmichand aur Meharsingh ki ragni gawan mae jo maja hae- vah hoolywoods- bollywoods mae nahi milaga.
JATUU MAE RAGANI- KATI KHEER MAE MUSAL SA GAD JA SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
upar sy ho deshi ka pavva ki CD

dradahiya
June 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
hi,
we should never ashamed of our own language.most of the educated urban jat families are keeping there kins away from the roots.i think that is not good.
jis ki izzat apne hi nahin karte uski izzat koi nahin karega.
regards,
arvind

sweet
June 19th, 2003, 12:03 AM
hariyanvi is good language, i love my language, & love to talk in my language.................,

i feel very proud when i say i am jat.

cheers...............

ashokpaul
June 19th, 2003, 09:59 AM
jattu is not only our language
its a culture; culture of great straight forward people
its a style of life
its a faith
and a religion at large
Each and Every citizen of JATLAND must enjoy
JATTU from core of their heart.

lalit_nashier
June 19th, 2003, 10:50 PM
ya! its right , when we are talking to someone
they think we are fighting with them.

real........

vimal_saroha
June 25th, 2003, 07:30 PM
JATTU Language to Mahari Pehchan se ,ye Rude to ho hi Nahi Sakti

I love my JATTU Bhasa and whenever i get chance i Love to use it
most of the time when i conversate with the people ,who Had Ever been to our area ,will ask me do U belongs to Western UP /Haryana?
And i will proudely Say yesssssss ,and i am a JAT (Jatu ki tone to Change hi Nahi Hoti Bhai)
I am proud to Be a JAT

bal_hara
June 28th, 2003, 12:01 PM
i love jattu and prefer to talk with other jat bhai in jattu , because the __haazir jawabi__
in this language is rare,which is not found in other languages.
deepak balhara

vikramdahiya
June 30th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Very good Question initiated by our friend .. lekin yaar to put my views across to you all on this..

Jattu language apne aap mein ikloti language hai jisme hummein polite hone ke liye special shabdon ki jaroorat nahin padti.. It's a language which speaks emotions in itself.

arr yohi reason hai ki apne Jat bhai straight forward hoya karen.. ghuma phira ke baat nahin hoti jatu mein.. Jo dil mein howe se wohe jubaan pe.. yahey se mhari Jattu..

uk aur kimmey se.... it's lath marr boli to them who dont understand the word meanings of Jatu and so are not able to calculate why some words carry so much energy after them... Cause they understand only fights can be done with energy..force.. my dear friends this is the language which tells and shows.. love also carries evergy..and is cared accordingly by JATS..

VirenderNarwal
July 5th, 2003, 06:29 PM
ya to jat land se espe to jattu challe ae challe se
hamne to karnatak jaise pardesh mein jade sirf angreji aur kanada chalti hai wah aapni jattu challa rakhi se
matab wo log kabhi labaz apni jattu bolan lag gaye se
bhai aapni bhassa m baat karan ka aur hi maza se
ek to maa ne maa bole aur ek mammi bole
bus uae phrak se...
ji sa aa gaya bhai

jagmohan
September 12th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Ohhhhooooohooo!!
Kith tha re mein jab iss topic pe baat chhid ree thee. There is no language in the world which is as descriptive as out 'Jattu' bhasha. Example detaa hoon ak do.

A shoe is a shoe in English. Jaatu mein: jooot, littterr, khonsda, jooti, joota wagera wagera.

A slap is a slap in English but in Jattu: Thaappad, Rahpatta, Chattuu, Gooonsaa, Gut and also Duhatadd.

Apni bhasha bolan mein kisi sharam. Hamne bolni nahi chhodi katai. Chhahe fauj mein ya phir civil mein. Hamne to ek usool bana rakhya hain: Jitni bhi HEP CROWD hovegee, ude utni hi khadi Jattu bolenge. Jiske samajh me aaja te theek, na te apni **** gudaoo (Sorry for this slang).

Lagaey raho bhaio aur behno. Ek din mahri bhasha UNO mein bulwani hai.

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

ssredhu
September 12th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Col. Saab,

kamal kar diya. jee saa aagya apka jawab padh kai nai. bhai nai bhujya sai - how difficult it is to be polite in JATTU. main to nyu kahoon soon. bhai hamne polite hon kee jaroorat nahi sai. haam to nyuen polite saan. ya difficulty un nai lagai sai jo mahri bhasha, mahray dimag, mahri tarakki tai jala sain. yah bhasha un nay buri lagai sai jinka mahra agay bas nahi chalta. manay to kisay aur culture main itna pyar nahi dekhya. gharan koye aa jao usne mahri maa beta kahti nahi thakti. gharan dudh nahi hoga to padosiyan kai tai mang ka lyawagi.
bhai manay to jatoo tai badhiya koi bhasha nahi lagti. jat mil jya sai to ghee sa ghal jya sai. par ek adha bighni bhee ho sai. jatoo main bolai nahi, aur angrezi kee tang today jawa. JAT HON PAI FAKR KARO AUR JATOO BOLAN MAIN GARV.

rameshlakra
September 13th, 2003, 12:08 PM
so the verdict is

it is very easy to be polite in jattu

long live the jattu . and soon we are goin to have it as a recognised language .

amar0974
September 13th, 2003, 04:36 PM
hahahaa ketney paraayavachi shabad, laagey raho............. kati lath gaad deya.

A shoe is a shoe in English. Jaatu mein: jooot, littterr, khonsda, jooti, joota wagera wagera.

A slap is a slap in English but in Jattu: Thaappad, Rahpatta, Chattuu, Gooonsaa, Gut and also Duhatadd.

jitenderhooda
September 29th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Jagmohan Ji Chala pad diya aapne ,Bahut bhadiya jawab se .

Jattu te gich boli se appni er isi koe aur konya .

Yaa baat sahi se ek ek be Apni boli bolte hi sbke kan khade hojya se er ek dar baith jya se unke dila mein .

yah baat na sai ek Jattu polite konya but baat ya sai ek
Ya ek mardani boli se ,er iski loudness jayada se bas aur koe dikkat na sai .

Sare Jatan er Jatnia te kahoo soon ek is dar tein ek ya polite na se er log ke kahenge appni boli na chodiyo .

Jiten

naveen_chaudhary
September 29th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Bhaiyo ib yaa baat chaal rahi se to ek baat dhyaan mein aagi padh liya badhiya hai

Puraney jammaney ki baat se raja ke darbar mein bhaand hoya kartey to raja ke aagey jaa ke uski taarif kartey, gaatey-bajaatey ar saanjah ne apne inaaam le ke ghar vaapis. Ar ve roaj ek jaat ke ghar ke aagey ke jaatey, jaat ne sochi tu to saarey din khet mein kad tudwa ke mar liya ar jab kamai nahi hoti ar yeh roj e kar lyanw se merey batey. Ek di saanj ne jeli le kar khada ho gaya ar ada di unke. Nu bolya chae te jitna bhi tum inaaam rojh layao aadha de jaya karo ar na maney bhi le ke chaalo tum kit te kamaoa ho. Veh boley jaat bhai itni asaan cheez nahi hai bahut mehnaat ka kaam hai, jat bolya areey meri jitni koe nahi kar jaanta. Un ne sochi roj aadha is tanhi den ki bajay te isen gailya e le chaalo. Nu boley kaal tadkey e paa jayie aadey.

Aagley din jaat paa gaya udey, bhaand boley hum raja ke darbar mein le ke jawangey. Ud ham jakadi gawangey ar tu bhi jakadi mein jakadi jakadi joaad diye. Jaat bolya tam chinta e mat karo isi jakadi gaad doonga chaala paat jaga.

Darabar mein pahunchey ek bhaand jaatey he bolya
Aaayi hai bahaar
doosra bolya
Saja hai darbaar
pher usne jaat ke kohni maar di ak ib tu bool. Jat nun nun lakhaya ar dekha raja baitha hai ek unchey sinhasan pe Jat bolya
O baitha apni baahan ka yaar

Pher ke tha raja ne buckle tarwa diya udey ger ke teenwa ka.

To bhai logo apni haryanvi te isi e se ar isi rah gi.

jitenderhooda
September 30th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Bahut bhadiya naveen bhai ,

tane bhi bahut bhadiya baat dhoond ke batai

jaatni
September 30th, 2003, 11:33 PM
hahaha...so true...

Naveen Chaudhary (Sep 29, 2003 10:39 a.m.):
Bhaiyo ib yaa baat chaal rahi se to ek baat dhyaan mein aagi padh liya badhiya hai

Puraney jammaney ki baat se raja ke darbar mein bhaand hoya kartey to raja ke aagey jaa ke uski taarif kartey, gaatey-bajaatey ar saanjah ne apne inaaam le ke ghar vaapis. Ar ve roaj ek jaat ke ghar ke aagey ke jaatey, jaat ne sochi tu to saarey din khet mein kad tudwa ke mar liya ar jab kamai nahi hoti ar yeh roj e kar lyanw se merey batey. Ek di saanj ne jeli le kar khada ho gaya ar ada di unke. Nu bolya chae te jitna bhi tum inaaam rojh layao aadha de jaya karo ar na maney bhi le ke chaalo tum kit te kamaoa ho. Veh boley jaat bhai itni asaan cheez nahi hai bahut mehnaat ka kaam hai, jat bolya areey meri jitni koe nahi kar jaanta. Un ne sochi roj aadha is tanhi den ki bajay te isen gailya e le chaalo. Nu boley kaal tadkey e paa jayie aadey.

Aagley din jaat paa gaya udey, bhaand boley hum raja ke darbar mein le ke jawangey. Ud ham jakadi gawangey ar tu bhi jakadi mein jakadi jakadi joaad diye. Jaat bolya tam chinta e mat karo isi jakadi gaad doonga chaala paat jaga.

Darabar mein pahunchey ek bhaand jaatey he bolya
Aaayi hai bahaar
doosra bolya
Saja hai darbaar
pher usne jaat ke kohni maar di ak ib tu bool. Jat nun nun lakhaya ar dekha raja baitha hai ek unchey sinhasan pe Jat bolya
O baitha apni baahan ka yaar

Pher ke tha raja ne buckle tarwa diya udey ger ke teenwa ka.

To bhai logo apni haryanvi te isi e se ar isi rah gi.

ajmer
October 1st, 2003, 05:36 AM
[POST WITHDRAWN]

drnchaudhry
October 3rd, 2003, 10:34 AM
Jattu belongs to those straight forward people who believe in themselves. These people do not change their comments as per like or dislike of their audience. Those who are connected with their roots and tradition think, speak and live in jattu. Really it does not matter where they are leading their lives.
The question in itself belongs to ABCJ, BBCJ, UBCJ (American, Britain, Urban, born confused jat) in particular. It is based on exchanging personal identity for the sake of acceptance

Mannh to yoh ghate ka soda laag sai

dhruvdahiya
July 27th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Respected members,

I liked Jagmohan Malik uncle's reply the most. My father can speak wonderful English but he is too good in Jat bhasha and he has made sure that we[me and my sister] pick it up properly. Like wise my Tau jis and chacha ji are also Jat bhasha lovers. Our bhasha can have a desired effect as per the situation and there can not be more frightening and at the same time a SWEET language than that of our own language. Here are the examples[ i am taking my dad's advise for good effect]

SWEET SENTENCES which can melt any heart;

a] Hei mere bira dhakhe appni bahan ki izzat ka dhyan kar liye.
b] Pehla fera le meri laddo, dada baithya jadd mei, teri hei sugandh laddo chadhhi hei gagan mei [a folk song at the time of FERRAS]
c] dhekhe mere bette sachai pe rahiye[ a mother telling his son]

LATADDOO sentences;

a] Khoo jyaiye hadde tei.
b] Maar appne saale ke.
c] Tne godd dyunga.
d] Teri **** khasam kar dyange [ sorry for the stars but i don't know what they stand for frankly]

SO WE CAN SPEEK JAT BHASHA FOR A WONDERFUL SOOTHING EFFECTS TOO.

due respect

dhruvdahiya
July 30th, 2005, 07:54 AM
"Arre jhikoi iss balak ki jaan lega ke"........May sound harsh but is downright soft sentence and will have desired soft response from the receipient.

gaganjat
July 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
People think we are rude which makes some of us try to be too polite which we dont need to be.

dhruvdahiya
July 30th, 2005, 06:02 PM
People think we are rude which makes some of us try to be too polite which we dont need to be.

I Support your view uncle ji.

praveendangi
July 30th, 2005, 06:19 PM
right, jatt hone per jattu na bole , yeh nehi ho sekta, ager hum jattu lang ko use kerte hai to agge wala benda der hi jata hai .........
iss lang ko polite nehi bol sekte, keyi log jatt hone ke bavjood bhi jattu lang ko ignore kerte hai, but if we r jatt then why u think like that ki odd legega.......

praveendangi
July 30th, 2005, 06:21 PM
JAT'S DICTIONARY
Aaidi: Heel
Aala: A low level shelving unit
Aandhasisi: Migraine
Aangali: Fingers
Aankh Dookhni: A viral/bacterial eye infection, no you can’t fake this one easily!
Aarta: A Kodak moment for the best looking female of the host family
Aldgoja: Flute, bansuri, aaj
Amrikka: As in USA, description of even more exotic place
Andy/Andi: It falls in to the same category as daaki but a modernized one.
Angrej: Has many meanings depending on where you are at the time of being addressed - may mean any white man or used sarcastically for an educated/pseude Jat
Aplaatoon: Loadful of sarcasm for a man "ghana applatoon mut bane?"
Baankali : A serving made after the geets. It’s the boiled chana with salt and very tasty.
Baara: Desi rhythmic sing songs used by baaria to do his job with safety.
Baaria: Person posted in the dhana to catch dole or charas.
Baarothi: A Cinderella moment for the bride
Bachiya: Cow's female offspring
Bachra: Cow's male offspring
Bagad: An open inner courtyard

praveendangi
July 30th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Baggi: Bull cart
Balad: Ox
Baladh: Bull
Baldakisu: Swear by ox!!!
Baliyaan: Baniyaan
Banchaati: Dried cotton plant stems
Baraf: Local form of ice-cream
Baroola: A earthen home made pitcher with wider mouth then panndha water pitcher
Barooli: Smaller version of baroola
Bateu: A generic term used for male guest and sometimes a synonym for jamaai
Bathua: Weed , used for human consumption also in saag and raita
Beejna: Hand fan
Bela: Bowl used to drink milk
Bhadargadh: Bahadurgarh, Town between Rohtak and Delhi
Bharota: Bundle of jowar/bajra
Bharoti: Bundle carried on head usually greens for cattles or firewood.
Bhojra: Small bushes generally in the corner of the field
Bhoond: Bugs
Bhus: Wheat straw
Bijaar: An abandoned bull
Bilaangani: Wall to wall string to hang almost everything.
Biloni: Earthen pot used to churn butter and make seet
Bilutane: Kittens
Bitoda: A triangular storage for gosay
Bookal Marna: To wrap around to get cozy
Boonga: A dome shaped huge structure made of husk, to store husk
Botru: Baby male camel
Buggi: Cart pulled by a jhotta
Buhaari: Broom
Bukhar: You have a high fever, perhaps malaria
Bungaa: Storage place for wheat straw
Chamassa: Rainy season/monsoon
Charas: Flexible container made of cow hide and holds about 80-100 ltr water. Usually pulled by bullocks or camel
Charkha: Spinning wheel
Chhaj: Used for cleaning of wheat
Chhath: Roof
Chhathi: Celebrated on the 6th day after the birth of a boy.
Chhipkali: Lizard
Chhuchhak: Like a baby shower in the west
Chilaam: Earthen made sigar head hold tomacco and heat
Chontry: A bench near your doorstep, birthplace of grapevine
Choolkar: Peels
Choonghna: To chew
Chooran: A homeopathic concoction for all ailments
Choorma: A jat delicacy made of ghee, sugar and bread
Chotkar: Chilka, peel
Chubaara: Obra on the first floor
Chukchunder: Bat
Chulha Nyot: Everyone in the family is invited
Chyanhni: Funeral place
Daabh: Weed
Daadas: Your husband's father's mother
Daak: Jump
Daaki: A mast guy who does great things are very popular
Dahej: Has replaced doosar, with a deeper meaning, adding more expensive and sophisticated household goods.
Damhooi: Double headed snake
Dandh: Teeth
Dandri: Childs teeth
Dangar: Animal stock
Dasmi: Celebrated by hawan & namkaran sanskar & rich food on the 10th day after the
Daumra: Sudden, brief heavy rain shower
Dhaana: Landing platform on the kuan for charas.
Dheed: End product of eye infection or drainage
Dheera: Headlice, big one ,adult louse
Dhiday: Eye
Dholaan: Plump baby girl
Dhooma: Smoke
Dhoti: Wrap skirt of tau
Dil Ka Dora: Same as dil ki bimari
Dilli Suba: A term commonly referred to jat villages around Delhi
Doe: Wooden spoon
Doga/Baint: Tau's alter ego, a wooden stick

praveendangi
July 30th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Dokey: A fountain to fresh milk from the udders of cow or buffalo for their kid (lawara) to make them feel that her kid is also having their milk.
Dola: Divider between fields
Dole: Sheet container 18 liter capacity used to get water from kuan.
Doob: Weed / grass
Doosar: An ancient jat tradition, a colorful and grand display of household goods, dresses, jewelry, appliances, furniture, and gadgets given to daughter at her wedding
Dtc: Mode of transportation for jat boys and girls from dilli
Dukaania: That is a desi shawl.
Dulhandi: A jat festival in march, when for a day the jat women get a license to kill…...i mean to beat men folk
Dust: Opposite of kabaj
Eendhi: Small ring made of cloth to carry pot on the head
Gaal: Gali, alley
Gaawdi: Cow
Gabha: Old, worn out clothes
Gabsua: Safety pin
Gandasa: Machine to cut fodder
Gande: Sugarcane
Gantha: A jat veggie delicacy, main dish
Geendo: Ball
Geet: Local songs
Geetan Aali: Lugaai with her congregation
Ghaiti: Neck
Ghoodchadhi: A kodak moment for the groom
Gobar: Cow dung
Goda: Knee
Gojh: Pocket
Gonda: Pathway between fields
Goodad: Old, worn out clothes, turned into a mattress
Goomdi: Mosquito bite turned septic
Goothi Ghalana: Ring ceremony following microscopic & 3d view of the would be bride
Gosa: Dungcake (bit thick)
Gosay: Jumbo size cow dung cake
Guhera: Another type of chhipkali
Gulafu : Cheeks
Gunguna: Concentrated reet!
Gusalkhana: Bathroom/restroom
Guthali: Hard sheel seed in fruit
Haara: A clay oven (uses gosay)
Haart(Heart) Ki Beemari: O boy, this one needs attention!
Hailey: Place to keep domestic animals and store harvest
Harat: Persian wheel (for watering the fields)
Harduaar: The ultimate health spa, and place for redumption of all sins
Haryana: Birthplace of jat
Haryana Roadways: Space shuttle that connects haryana with dilli suba, and paar
Hooka: A community sigar of tau
Indra Gandhi: Loadful of sarcasm for a woman..."who do you think you are?"
Jaadaa: Cold winters
Jat: A handsome, brave, honest, hard working, stubborn, easily provoked, male of robust physique, found in Haryana, Paar, Dilli suba, and Rajasthan
Jatni: A female form of the above - only more beautiful... Also known as lugaai
Jeeli, Kassi, Kuhadi, Kasola: Agricultural implements \ also used as weapons at times
Jeevda: Rope
Jersey: Full sleeves sweater
Jewda: The rope made of sann to tie jhotta aur baladh
Jhaab: An earthen pitcher for storing seet
Jhaag Beekharna: To talk too much
Jhaalra, Kanthi, Hasli: Jewellery, precious treasures of women
Jhakoi: A good sambodhan in haryanwi for the guy who is not going according to one's will or similar
Jhaydo: Pait ka darad gone bad…one with protruding tummy
Jhod: The village pond, swimming pool, and communal laundromat
Jhoti: Buffalo
Jhotta: Male buffalo
Jimanwwar : Invitation of food party during marriages
Joom: Mid size head lice - pupa
Jua: Instrument which is put around the neck of oxes to harness them
Jukhaam: When reet starts flowing freely
Jumpher: Shirt
Jungle: Passage of stool…also known as number 1…
Jurrab: Socks
Kaag: Crow
Kaan Mai Darad: Too much wax build up...Your ears need hot oil treatment
Kaatna: Make thread on charkha
Kabaj: When you can’t do jungle!
Kad Mai Darad: Backache, you need to go for a “dharan dabav” to fix your spinal cord
Kadhwani: Earthen pot used to boil milk on 'hara' milk is left to cook in it the whole day and turns pinkish and gets a peculiar taste
Kaka: Uncle
Kaki: Aunt
Kalaash: Home made black eye color
Kanaghat: Time to remember your ancestors
Kanjoos Makhi Choos: Maha kanjoos
Kapaan: Cover of the water pitcher
Kassan: Utensil
Katehla: Weed
Katiya: Buffalo's daughter
Katra: Buffalo's son
Kawaai: Weed
Khaacha: Kichadd, when it gets slippery and muddy after rain
Khaadna: To do embroidery
Khaaj/Khasotni: Itching
Khaat: Cot or chaarpaai (Typically, woven jute)
Khaata Ghol: Process by which a favorite seasonal recipe (raabdi) is made
Khaatee/Peetay Ghar Ka/Ki: A polite description of a plump boy/man/woman
Khadanja: A floor made of bricks generally for the pet animals
Khalwa: The supports used on buggi for takhtas
Khasra: Measles
Khatooli: A smaller version of khaat
Khausde: Old worn out shoes
Khindaka: Turban of tau
Khoota: You all know this, i hope
Khooti: An in-built, multipurpose wooden hanger, found throughout the jat dwelling
Kiralkant: Chameleon
Kiwaad: Door
Kolhu: Device to take out juice from sugarcane and make gud.
Kootru: Dog
Kua: Well a water reservior of community with bigger mouth accessible to many people at same time
Kuan: Well.
Kudta/Jamphar: Designer shirt of tai
Kui: Well a water reservior of house serves few people with narrow mouth
Kukri: Bundle of thread woven on charkha
Kumbh Ka Mela: If harduaar doesn't work you wait for another 12 years for better results.
Kunda/Kundi: Door lock
Kuwaad/Darwja: Door
Lahsua: From a peeple like tree
Lakad: Wood
Lapsi: Dish
Lath: Jat’s missile defence system...a wooden log - if you see one run for your life…
Latoor: Hairs
Latte: Clothes
Lattu Chasna: Switch on the light bulb
Lawara: The young of buffalo or jhotta generally upto 4-5 months only
Leetre (Khonsde): Worn out footwear
Lhasi/Seet: Home made skimmed milk
Lheekh: Nit -larva of head lice
Lihaaf: Quilt or rajaai
Londhon: As in england, description of an exotic place
Maada/Maadi: Opposite of khate-pitay gar ka/ki
Maata: Chicken pox
Magarmuchh: Crocodile
Mail Khora: Earthen made scrubber
Meeh: Rain
Mori: Same as patnaal
Motijhaara: A childhood communicable disease
Mottaan: Same as khate-pitay ghar ki
Moulasara: Your husband' mother's, brother
Muh Dikhai: A belated fee for the 3d view of the bride
Munji: Kanjoos (miser)
Naahu: Nails
Naakasi: Kind of local prade of the groom around the village with songs
Naariya: Ox
Nakel: A thin metal rod which is fitted into oxes' nose to harness them, er kayee be mhaare jise oot hon un ke bhi ghaal diya karen...
Nakta-Nakti: A person having small nose
Nandau: Your husband' sisters husband
Nasti: Nose
Nayonda: Invitation
Nazar Jhaad: When a female member of your family treats your unspecified ailment!
Neeju Aur Dhool: A string and a bucket attached to pull bucket full of water from the well
Neol: Mongoose
Noon: Salt
Nyaar: Fodder
Nyam-Shyam: A free thing from the shopkeeper along with the bought material.
Obra: Smaller room adjacent to saal
Olay: Hails
Oot: Naughty
Opra/Bhoot: Most commonly referred to as ghost or evil spirit, but has many meanings also name of a famous talk show host (oprah winfrey), a theatre/musical performance nazar:when you can’t use any of the above excuses but need to get away!
Paadkala: Staircase
Paanh Mai Darad: When you really don’t want to do anything!
Paar: Another name for up
Pait Mai Darad: Diarrhea
Palpatton: Small grape size fruit
Palwa: A small bowl with a long handle used to take hot milk out of 'kadhawni'
Pandha: Earthen local made water pitcher
Pansli Mai Darad: Reet has entered your lungs and you need to see a doctor
Patloon: Trousers
Patnaal: Rain water drainage pipe
Peedha: A smaller version of the Khaat, to sit on
Peelia: From jall tree
Peelia: A disease and also a ceremony for the daughter's first born, called chhuchhak
Pesslist: Specialist or doctor who performs the above
Phookni: Metal pipe used for blowing air in chulha
Phupsara: Your husband' father's sister's husband
Pilurae: Puppies
Piraas: Community resthouse of village
Pla: A utensil used for serving milk.
Praysson: Surgical intervention
Puni: Jab reet naak mein latka kare us ne puni kaha kare.
Raach: Things.
Raasa/Raasi: Home made rope
Rai : Instrument with which lhasi is made
Reet: Snort

raj2rif
July 30th, 2005, 06:44 PM
bhaiyo
mein te kahu su is duniya ( jatland )mein do e language honi chayiye
chayee te jatoo chayee pher angrejee
hindi windi mein na mazza aata
ku dharampal tau ji
i love jatoo to the core of my heart . kon kehta hai lath mar language , bhayee beauty lies in the eyes of beholder , mane te jatoo sehad jisse lage se.

When people in South India do not want to adapt to Hindi we all criticize them. Here we are giving preference to the Jattu dialect over Hindi. What is Jattu language in first place. To me it is nothing but a dialect of Hindi language, similar like you have different dialect in other part of Hindi speaking belt. I am for Hindi Language to be promoted at all level. There is nothing wrong in speaking in Jattu when talking to the person who understands the language. There are many Jats who don't even understand the Jattu Language specially those born and brought up in metropolitan areas.

The question was how can we be polite in Jattu Language. We need to find that rather than just getting the comfort by saying that I speak Jattu all the time or whatever.

Hindi is a great language and we all have adopted it as national language. It is beautiful to communicate. It has its daily dialect as well as a most sophisticated one. Since we had not tried to learn it in depth we some times forget the true value of it.

Just for your rememberance:

Bihro Bihari ke Bihar Vatika mein Chahe
Sur ki kuti mein ad aasan jamaiye
Dev ki dari mein dur divyata nihariya
Ya Tulsi ke manas mein dubki lagaiye
Keshav ke kunj mein kilol keli kijiye ya
Bhushan ki sena ke Sipahi Ban jaiye
Anya Bhasha Bhashiyon milega man mana sukh
Hindi ke Hindole Mein Jara to Baith Jaiye.

dhruvdahiya
July 30th, 2005, 06:56 PM
When people in South India do not want to adapt to Hindi we all criticize them. Here we are giving preference to the Jattu dialect over Hindi. What is Jattu language in first place. To me it is nothing but a dialect of Hindi language, similar like you have different dialect in other part of Hindi speaking belt. I am for Hindi Language to be promoted at all level. There is nothing wrong in speaking in Jattu when talking to the person who understands the language. There are many Jats who don't even understand the Jattu Language specially those born and brought up in metropolitan areas.

The question was how can we be polite in Jattu Language. We need to find that rather than just getting the comfort by saying that I speak Jattu all the time or whatever.

Hindi is a great language and we all have adopted it as national language. It is beautiful to communicate. It has its daily dialect as well as a most sophisticated one. Since we had not tried to learn it in depth we some times forget the true value of it.

Just for your rememberance:

Bihro Bihari ke Bihar Vatika mein Chahe
Sur ki kuti mein ad aasan jamaiye
Dev ki dari mein dur divyata nihariya
Ya Tulsi ke manas mein dubki lagaiye
Keshav ke kunj mein kilol keli kijiye ya
Bhushan ki sena ke Sipahi Ban jaiye
Anya Bhasha Bhashiyon milega man mana sukh
Hindi ke Hindole Mein Jara to Baith Jaiye.

Respected Virendra uncle ji,

AAP iss baat ko jyada seiously le gaye.AAp ki baat bilkool theek hei and frankly all jats are Hindi lovers but then apne dialect ka bhi appna maza hei aur usko promote bhi karna chahiye. Agar koi Jat Metros mei paida hokar wahin badda hua hei to theek hei he can not pick up Local dialect but if our parents speak our local dialect then we must try pick it up...be it Jattu, Brij bhasha,west Up jaatu. Panjabi also is an ofshoot of Hindi but look at the Sardars as to how much pride they take in promoting PUnjabis. I support you when you say that a regional/local language should not be promoted by neglecting NATIONAL language in that context TAMILIANS are wrong. All jats are proud Hindi speaking first. Let us promote our dialect as best as we can. It pays in long run.

Due respect uncle ji.

raj2rif
July 31st, 2005, 08:20 AM
Respected Virendra uncle ji,

AAP iss baat ko jyada seiously le gaye.AAp ki baat bilkool theek hei and frankly all jats are Hindi lovers but then apne dialect ka bhi appna maza hei aur usko promote bhi karna chahiye. Agar koi Jat Metros mei paida hokar wahin badda hua hei to theek hei he can not pick up Local dialect but if our parents speak our local dialect then we must try pick it up...be it Jattu, Brij bhasha,west Up jaatu. Panjabi also is an ofshoot of Hindi but look at the Sardars as to how much pride they take in promoting PUnjabis. I support you when you say that a regional/local language should not be promoted by neglecting NATIONAL language in that context TAMILIANS are wrong. All jats are proud Hindi speaking first. Let us promote our dialect as best as we can. It pays in long run.

Due respect uncle ji.

Dear Dhruv,
The dialect is not language. It is only the pronounciation of the language differently. For me Hindi is very important and above all othe languages spoken in India. Further, the better means of communication is the one that is understood by most people. It is because of this reason, Premchand and Kabir became more famous, as they wrote in "Aam Admi Ki Bhasha". I am not against Jattu dialect at all, but to say it at the cost of Hindi, well I am not for it.
Once again it is the comfort level one has to see. We can keep talking in Jattu bhasha, Punjabi, Tamil or for that matter difficult Hindi, and be happy, but if the other person is not understanding it, does it really makes sense. In my view, we must communicate in bolchal ki bhasha in whichever forum we are in. Unfortunately, most of the time by word JAT people restrict themselves to the state of Haryana only which is not correct.