PDA

View Full Version : How to criticize ?

lrburdak
June 3rd, 2003, 12:19 PM
It so happens at times we criticize a person in such a way that the other person gets offended and starts hating the person who criticized him.
How to avoid it ?
Charles Schwab was passing through one of his steel mills when he came across some of his employees smoking. Immediately above their heads was a sign which said "No smoking." Any normal person might have pointed to the sign and said, "Can't you read?" But schwab, rather walked over to the men, handed each one a cigar, and said, "I will appreciate it, boys, if you will smoke these on the outside." The employees not only realized their mistake but started loving a man like that.
So the way to criticize is- Call attention to people's mistake indirectly.

smalik
June 3rd, 2003, 01:11 PM
well said n I am agree with you

yvsgaawar
June 3rd, 2003, 07:42 PM
So the way to criticize is- Call attention to people's mistake indirectly.

You are right Laxman Ji.

lrburdak
June 4th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Thank you sanjayji and Yagyavir ji,
Criticizm has a negative effect on the other person. If we criticize a person without giving any thought,the other person may become deffensive and may not accept our views.
When our young member makes a mistake, We can say "You have made a mistake,but it is no worse than I made in your age. You were not born with judgement. That comes only with experience;You are better than me.But don't you think it would have been wiser if you had done so and so?"
So if we talk about our own mistakes before criticizing the other person ,it will have a positive effect.