PDA

View Full Version : Returned to India?

anilkc
October 13th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I have been reading and hearing a lot of noise about Indians returning back from USA.
Anyone in this forum had such an experience and willing to share the experience? Whats the news from other countries like australia and UK?
Here is one such article:
http://www.siliconindia.com/magazine/fullstory.asp?aid=CAU263651871

rkumar
October 13th, 2003, 10:50 PM
anil chaudhary (Oct 13, 2003 12:54 p.m.):

I have been reading and hearing a lot of noise about Indians returning back from USA.
Anyone in this forum had such an experience and willing to share the experience? Whats the news from other countries like australia and UK?
Here is one such article:
http://www.siliconindia.com/magazine/fullstory.asp?aid=CAU263651871

I know many doctors who came back to India and made big names here. I myself got my education in west and had all the opportunities to work and live there. Still I am working for a big US firm (Tyco International) and frequent US quite often. I am very happy here and have no regret what so ever when I compare myself with many of my friends in USA or UK. Best I will recommend is that keep your foot on both the sides if you can. Please do not take this as riding in two boats, it more like expanding the empire. I see no reason why this can not be done when Bill Gates can have his empire in lots of counties and cities.

Rajendra

scsheorayan
October 14th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Dear Anil,

I have the experience of moving around the globe including India. It is hard initially especially if you do not have emotional attachment with the country. But if you do have emotional bond then I would say it is worth it.

It all depends on flexibility of your family. How adaptable are they to environmental realities of India.

After all nothing is permanent and one can and should move around and learn rather than stay put in one place.

Good luck!

rkumar
October 14th, 2003, 10:47 PM
I wish to mention the news item I saw on star TV today. Foreigners are coming now and joing call centres in India. They are mostly from the countries whose languages are not commonly taught in India. This number is expected to grown significantly in next few years as per the experts.... I think silent revolution is taking place.

Rajendra