PDA

View Full Version : demi gods:a new phenomena among jats

rajendersingh
October 14th, 2003, 09:32 PM
dear all,
a few days back a friend of mine came to my place with a invitation. when i saw the card in his hand i was in deep thoughts, as far as i could visualise there was no such occasion to be celebrated at his place .the old generation is quite healthy and hearty.and many years to go.so,there was no immediate danger from that side .friend and his wife are always seen on all the best eating joints.kids are too small to be in that age that their marriage is any where near.the thought process is on... and here come my frind with the solution ..
he hands over me the card inviting me for the JAGRAN.IT WAS A FIRST CARD FOR SUCH A OCCASION.for a moment i could not think of the response.but to be honest,when i regained my composure ,first thing i said to him was since when this another disease has cought up with us :the jats. he smiled and showed pity on me and replied back,"don't worry i was also of same thought as you know,but you have to be with time ,so don't be that nasty,you will soon understand it and be part of it"

I AM THINKING OF MY ALL ELDER GENERATION OF EACH ONE OF US. THEY LIMITED US TO A VERY FEW GODS OR LOCAL DIETIES.IT WAS ONY BERI KA MELA GURGAON WALI MATA ,RAMRAYE KA MELA AND SO ON SO FORTH.
IF I AM NOT WRONG IT WAS ALSO AVAILED BY JUST A FRACTION OF POPULATION.
now we see all our folks going for all these demi gods. to name a few radha swami , sucha dera,vashano devi, namdhari bapu asha ram,it is just to name a few .i can not think of all the names. our ppl go and work their and work on their farms like donkeys and their own work is taken as punishment.
kindly comment on this.is it realy the need of hour to fall in the feet of these ppl who are enjoying the best of comforts? all of them are enjoying the comforts which not many known richest can thin ever.
kindly comment.

bnashier
October 14th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Forty years or so ago there was a rich practice of having Arya Samaj camps. Young children were invited to attend. There were Yogas and spiritual growth. Now it appears that all those things are just memories of the past. People are finding all kinds of indulgence including the ones mentioned above. Society has changed; and spiritually not for the better.

rkumar
October 14th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Dear Rajendar Singh Ji,

If you watch TV regularly, you would notice how many channels are devoted to Religious matters. I some time scan these channels and feel disgusted when I see some preachers giving the looks of an "Ayyas". This has become a big business. It all started with Satya Sai Baba and Veshno devi. Fact of the matter is that there are no counter movements like Arya Samaj to Chellenge these preachers. BJP is a party where they are now talking of Vedic Sciences and astrology cources in universities. I personally beleive that these things will die their own course. No one really listens to advices. All these evils are among city people. I have never seen any Jat from Village visiting Sai Baba or Bapu Asharam etc...I think the purity still remains in Villages. Fact of the matter is that the God is man's invention and knowing how effectively the concept of God has been exploited commercially, people are coming out with devies and these so called demi Gods...This is 100% pure commerse and nothing else as I can see.

Regards
Rajendra

sansanwalamit
October 14th, 2003, 11:50 PM
I would say that when people have nothing else or nothing better to do, then they follow so called self proclaimed "swamis" , it is good to be religious and God believer, but these "swamis" are nothing else but those people who could not do anything better in life themselves and started preying upon people's superstitons and fear.
Yes some groups do reflect some ideology and philosophy, but most if not all will tell you the same things that you know yourself. It is better to maintane a disciplined life then to live according to someone else.
We will see more of this as the socitey will keep on getting richer, which would result in people having more free time, and then in order to kill their time they woulld find such activities, thus it is an industry of time pass, and some smart alecs are getting richer and fatter because of some really bored people.

sindhu
October 14th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Dear all,

This is a real concern and a serious matter. All these so called baba or religous people are just preaching what ever they want far from reality. This is real menace and people from rural areas are still not touched much yet but if something is not done it si going to take over. I know still people form our comunity are immune to the so called preachers but a few of them I do find going to Ravidas, or Vaishno Devi.

Arya Samaj has its old traditional way of teaching in gurukuls which is outdated taking the present scenerio. Who will like to send their kids to these institutions which have no future.

I use to discus these things with people at Gurukul Jajhar but bringing a change need a entirely new personality which the current traditional people can not even think of. Only teaching Sanskrit will not help. World is progressing at much faster pace, you got to involve in science and technology as well. They believe in the same old traditional methods. We need to look around and change ourself. One not need to compromise with basic principles but accepting new method, new technique and new ways is not going to harm. Unfortunately these institutions are also involved in politics rather than a service to society for which they were made.

Arya Samaj once so active now seem to have taken a back seat. Specially our people who live in rural areas can be so easily misguided by the media influence. Arya Samaj donot have a public teaching and awareness program thesedays. There are some units like Arya Partinidhi Sabha, which regularly hold such gatherings, they also became more of a political wing of a party.

There was a tradition in Jat schools and other affiliated instituions by the Jat Society to have preaching on sunday havan. but these traditions have vanished and no one is ready to start this again.

Last time when I visited india, there was kind of an election of management committee of jat society, I was so sad to see that people use all kind of methods including muscleman to get elected. How these institutions are going to progress if such people are going to govern these bodies. If we just take care of just some premier institutions/schools and make students aware what they will be facing when go out in real life and what is right and what is wrong, the rest will follow the path.

How to do it, need a collective effort.

A S Sindhu

[quote]Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (Oct 14, 2003 01:09 p.m.):
Dear Rajendar Singh Ji,

If you watch TV regularly, you would notice how many channels are devoted to Religious matters. I some time scan these channels and feel disgusted when I see some preachers giving the looks of an "Ayyas". This has become a big business. It all started with Satya Sai Baba and Veshno devi. Fact of the matter is that there are no counter movements like Arya Samaj to Chellenge these preachers. BJP is a party where they are now talking of Vedic Sciences and astrology cources in universities. I personally beleive that these things will die their own course.

rajendersingh
October 15th, 2003, 08:47 AM
dear kalkhunde ji namaskar.
as you said that is limited to cities only,the case here is totally different.now days its a common site in villages to see ppl going to these shops.in haryana at sirsa distt. only, there are around a dozen shops of this nature. they all have got solid political clout.they are political centers and play a very active role during elections.they are a state in them selves.no rule ,no tax ,no restrictions, no duty but all all the rights.and these poor jats go to them for karseva during harvesting season leaving their own crops at the mercy of god, and the crops of these demi gods are always a priority.

jagmohan
October 15th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Dear All,

I agree with Rajender and all other view points. I pray to no GOD, don't believe in idol worship and have never been to a 'Jagran' or 'Satsang. I have visited some shrines out of sheer curiosity. I have never asked God "Please do this for me and I will come again for thanks giving". Why? Because I believe what I learnt in my childhood is more relevant thyan what any 'Baba' or 'Mahatma' can tell me. In fact we all have been taught the same things as our parents and elders were 'Arya Samajis'. Actually life is very simple and it is these 'Pandats' and 'Babas' who make it complicated. Just follow few basic principles in life and I give you a gurantee of a balcony view of heaven. Believe me, it is actually that simple. How? Don't tell lies, Help others, Be kind, Don't hurt others, Be honest, Do your duty sincerely etc. etc. This is actually what it takes to live a complete life. THE PROBLEM IS THAT SINCE PEOPLE CAN'T FOLLOW THESE BASIC PRINCIPLES, THEY SEEK SHELTER OF BABAS AND GURUS.

But why are more and more people becoming a 'Chela' of one Guru or other. I think the answer is a little complex and I am a little apprehensive attempting it.

These 'Babas', 'Gurus' and 'Akharas' have immense political clout and the most important activity that goes on there is 'networking'. And this helps in 'Postings', 'Finalising Contracts' and other related issues. Nothing More - Nothing Less. Almost every 'Refugee' must have gone to Vaisno Devi and they will keep going there. You think they go there to seek peace? No Sir, they go there because after one year of 'Tax Ki Chori' they must overcome the guilt of their conscience and atone. Having done so for one year it is repeated year after year. There are very few people who go to vaishno Devi Shrine and say "mata, please give some sense to my countrymen so that they don't fight with each other in the name of religion, caste, creed, water, boundary" or "Mata, please ensure that the child of my neighbour (who may be from a different caste or religion) gets good marks in his exams".

I am reminded of my late uncle who used to abuse these refugees whenever there used to be a Jagran in our locality (We live in Batra Colony, Sonepat. There are just four houses of JATS, ours and others cousins). He had graduated in law from Delhi University in mid 50s. He was fond of 'Chhota Peg' in the evenings and would often go to the 'Jagran' site and shout "O refugeeo, Jo ya Mata sher pe baith ke aagi na, tam sare bhaaj lo ge. Kam karo awaj, balkan ne padh lein do". How right he was.

To cut it short, what is the solution? Never ever become part of this nonsense yourself or allow your loved ones to do so. Every one to his own though. If some one can find heaven through these 'Babas', let them. Don't forget to wish them well. But I am very clear of one thing. It is you who can decide the path you want to take.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

dineshm
October 15th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Respected everyone,
How educated a person is ,its difficult to get the said practice from his mind coz the moment he is born he is patko in the feet so called babas & so on and he is made to feel that its only these babas and gurus who can help us. My dad runs a school and even we give jagrans but instead of so called babas we get the people who educte the meaning of education through their songs and dances. I remember we gave such a jagran for the first time around 8 yrs ago and it was a big hit among the people and this practice has continued .but then I am sorry to say that now my dad has started believing in gods after an accident in which he escaped only by sheer chance and now he has built a Hanumanji & Saraswati temple in his school, but then the jagran for murti praan pratistha was done only by the people whom I mentioned above but at one point of time he felt in the grips of so called almighty.
I dont blame it on him but its the society in which we live.
Around the place I live we dont have a single picnic spots but we have to go somewhere sometimes & all the good places we can see are temples & ashrams of these babas.
Hope these things die by time.

bnashier
October 15th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Jagmohan Bhai:

These lines are the whole essence of our Vedic knowledge. You said it correctly that failure in these basic principles leads people to such shelters. One can attain peace in life only by following these principles.

Jagmohan Singh Malik (Oct 15, 2003 12:35 a.m.):
Dear All,

Don't tell lies, Help others, Be kind, Don't hurt others, Be honest, Do your duty sincerely etc. etc. This is actually what it takes to live a complete life. THE PROBLEM IS THAT SINCE PEOPLE CAN'T FOLLOW THESE BASIC PRINCIPLES, THEY SEEK SHELTER OF BABAS AND GURUS.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

guliayaj100
October 19th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Dear all,
I think all this is going on because we do not know the actual God . God has been given an image of a powerful magician who can take avatar anywhere , can be befooled easily by making prayer and chadhawa ( may be out of 2 no. ki kamai) {that is why they call him Bhole baba} . We are taught math, science and even sex education which is the latest subject in demand but nothing about God which is the cause of all these sciences. Though the advanced technology is a very essential part of our life but we can enjoy it fully only if we follow the way set by the God.
But these so called swamis and babas are projecting themselves as the representatives of god and, the public instead of praying to the all mighty god is behind them . Bechare bhagwan ki value down kar rakhi hai--share bilkul down hai.
Darshan Ved ki padhai phir shuru hogi lekin tab jab America me shuru ho jayegi.

scsheorayan
October 19th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Dear All,

Very interesting and fully agree with my favourite Fauji and explain it in a simple sentence. If there is a God he does not need agents or advertising. God is omnipresent and to feel him search within yourself. There is no need to knock millions of doors. Going for Jagran or any other function is OK as a social gathering where people behave in a very civilised way, talk good things and serve good food etc. But ofcourse you have to work hard yourself to experience God within yourself.