PDA

View Full Version : Sorry State of Affairs!!!

shailendra
October 16th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I (just as most of us) have been swamped by news of the Indian global market taking off...the outsourcing of jobs from all big companies [from the top-most countries of the world] to India!... and those numbers being splashed across papers and magazines about how well the economy of our Country is doing!....

And then also glares at me News like the rape(s) (of western Diplomat's in the Capital and elsewhere), the fanatic rath Yatra's and calls for country wide bandhs!...The articles on the Police corruption (for the fact that when you walk on a street in India you are pretty much on your own!) and the unholy nexus of the politician with the underworld (proven so many times over and over again, that it is not even funny anymore!).
The true picture of the life an Indian any given day, his or her ever increasing struggle happening almost at the same time as those glorious numbers are beng splashed across the world- A pipe-dream which hardly reflects the true state of affairs(?)

Between us, I have been intrigued, confused and disappointed all at once with all this recent ho-hallah with that's supposed to be happening with our Country (or at least what is being projected)...

In a discussion with any other nationality I would fight tooth and nail of how truly well as a nation we are rising....every day....but here on this forum I would like to engage you all in this direct and frank discussion about a common love; India! Would any of the members care to respond on what their views are about the same? Share with me and all of us what is the true picture that you believe in; those numbers and the recent propaganda of our economy?...or the real test on the street and what YOU know about the day to day existence of a Hindustaani?

anilkc
October 16th, 2003, 09:17 PM
A simple ans is: its all politics. But, in a democracy a politician cannot go against the wishes of the people. If a bundh, yatra or any criminal activity is successfull, its not becos of politics or underworld, its bcos ppl did not oppose it. ppl have to say NO, not just abstain.
No comments is a YES in democracy. Stand up and say NO. And always VOTE.

shailendra
October 16th, 2003, 11:03 PM
anil chaudhary (Oct 16, 2003 11:47 a.m.):
A simple ans is: its all politics. But, in a democracy a politician cannot go against the wishes of the people. If a bundh, yatra or any criminal activity is successfull, its not becos of politics or underworld, its bcos ppl did not oppose it. ppl have to say NO, not just abstain.
No comments is a YES in democracy. Stand up and say NO. And always VOTE.

...I guess we all agree about that, and there are probably lots of views about how we can better things....But I guess then are you agreeing that there is still a long way to go before we get all excited and start jumping about some projected numbers..(?)
-I am asking cause you never touched on the present boom...(real or propaganda)...

anilkc
October 17th, 2003, 01:05 AM
india is not round and uniform, just like any other country in the world. the story of blind men and the elephant also applies to india.
if i am getting richer, india is getting richer.
But there are many who are being left behind. To have a more balanced growth so that more indians get an opportunity to grow, India has to grow in areas other than IT sector. The total no of ppl employed or the total revenue from IT sector is just a drop compared to other industries in India. IT cannot solve indias poverty or any other problems. But it can be the role model and tool for India to develope.

shailendra
October 17th, 2003, 02:15 AM
anil chaudhary (Oct 16, 2003 03:35 p.m.):
india is not round and uniform, just like any other country in the world. the story of blind men and the elephant also applies to india.
if i am getting richer, india is getting richer.
But there are many who are being left behind. To have a more balanced growth so that more indians get an opportunity to grow, India has to grow in areas other than IT sector. The total no of ppl employed or the total revenue from IT sector is just a drop compared to other industries in India. IT cannot solve indias poverty or any other problems. But it can be the role model and tool for India to develope.

Thanks Anil,

You know, personally I think you are absolutely right there, specially about what you have to say about the IT industry...in India.

I am still watching out this space for more input...[or in-favour/not-in-favour of views]