PDA

View Full Version : INDIA THE GREAT- HAPPY DEWALI TO ALL

ranjitjat
October 23rd, 2003, 02:03 AM
HAPPY DEWALI TO ALL MEMBERS

US-bound bedsheet consignment replaced
with sand

Panipat: In an interesting case, sand from India found its way to the USA instead of bedsheets, which an American entrepreneur had ordered from Panipat.

According to information, the American industrialist had placed an order for bedsheets worth about Rs 42 lakhs with a local exporter. The exporter sent the consignment in a container, which was to be sent to USA via sea from Mumbai.

However, before the container could reach Mumbai, three Delhi-based persons, Anil Gupta, Subhash Kumar and Vakil Ahmed, allegedly broke into it at Tughlakabad (Delhi) and replaced the bedsheets with sand. When the container reached Mumbai, the unsuspecting port staff dispatched the consignment to the US. When the precious cargo was reportedly opened, the American industrialist was in for a shock. The local exporter, Mr Lalit, also got the shock of his life when he was informed that his consignment contained sand instead of bedsheets. TNS

ramsarya
October 23rd, 2003, 04:59 AM
Dudee ji: Namaskar. Not a story to make us proud. This kind of things happen almost everywhere but not as frequently as in India.I had a personal experience in doing business with the homeland.I wanted some family memebers and friends to get into the exporting business in early 90's and thus make a decent living. At their research and my recommendation we put an order for 10,000 tons of granite stone cut to sizes of 5x8x12 used in curbs on the edges of roads. It took us about 5-6 months of time to find the right party in Tamilnadu for this order as this type of granite stone is mined from the hills of AP & TN border.We did have couple of our guys stationed at Chennai.Not going over the details of LC's and banks involved, the party showed a collection of blocks by Govt.of India Dept. at the shipyard as their own and somehow got the LC released from the bank, meaning got the money without shipping the granite.Of course granite never reached USA. I had to go thru expensive litigation in US and won the case against the party in TN in the amount of $600,000 plus interest and costs. However how can that be collected from such a party, so it is a writeoff and the people who suffered the most were my family and friends who were going to be in business of exporting. There was another business misadventure in India in which I lost about the same and that is keeping me little weary of doing any business with our motherland. Now this new school started in our village is making up for all the previous disappoinments.
Anybody doing business with our motherland needs to be extra vigilant. If a chance presents itself, I would not hesitate to do get involved with business in India, hoping these missteps have taught me something.
Regards and HAPPY DIWALI TO EVERYONE. Ram S. Arya

rajendersingh
October 23rd, 2003, 08:24 PM
dudee ji and arya ji namaskar,
its very true that we are born in a country where such incidents are a common thing . i have never been out of india execpt on a military duty that too in a similar country. that was shri lanka

rajendersingh
October 23rd, 2003, 08:57 PM
i am sorry ,it was an incomplete post.......

even a country like lanka i could see the difference.that was the smooth supply of power. the whole govt machinery was down and still for two years there was no break down of any sort except the official cut.

here in india there is no system working as on date with out the graft.u pay and get what u want.
many a times i think for the reasons why we are the only country which has been a slave for so many years.. 1000 years. it has to do with the basic character. other wise who can force this on us. some time i ask a question why a prime minister who lost two wars for his country is still one of the god. i mean there is limit for every thing but we as a country are above all these. we are realy good in finding excuses and what not... but lack in basic character..
we are too good at lip service but no commitment.we are the best diplomats in our own house ... even the most illitrate will give u the best reasoning...but we are the worst when it comes to our national interests...... we can just jump into u n o's feet when we are winning a war begging for ceasefire and the enemy is our dictator. and see the height ... i am sure on very this site we shall see the best of reasoning in favour of this. some how all this force, one to find the reasons to think again and again ....but ..

ranjitjat
October 23rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
DEAR RAMSARUP ARYA JI AND RAJENDER SINGH
Namaskar and Happy Dewali.

I am fully agreed with you both , this type of things are way of life in India. We all feel ashmed of it.
India in among top 20 currept countries in the world.
We all have stories of misadventure and few lessons to learn.
We have bitter experiences and our family suffered a lots.
The government of India started Machinery Importing scheme for NRI - DUTY FREE in 1968.
I sent a Tractor to my family and in process to send another one, when a company called Tractor advice CO approch me and 100 or so other NRI in London. We deposited$200,000 with the CO. The persons were- a Panjabi father and son team. They disappeared with all the money and left us with a second hand type-writter.
I took some loan from a bank and tried second time- The Ship disappeared with 1,000 or so tractors in Arabian sea.
THIRD TIME LUCKY- The tractor reached our village in 1974 with battery -all spares and half the parts missing .
We have to pay custom duty as well.
We all are suffering. Each one has a tale to tell in daily life.
The stories are endless, we all are suffering in the name of nationalism.
The cheats are doing it openly and enjoying.
We honest working class people from villages are suffering.
This is a national disgrase.
BHARAT MAA KY NAM PER KALANK HAI
DESH KI METI AYE HAI- PAVITAR METI AYE HAI.
CHUP CHAP JULAM KO SAHAN KAR RAHAY HAN
BHARASTACHAR KO VARDAN MANN RAHY HAN.
Thank you again for sharing your views and bitter experiences of life.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL

ramsarya
October 24th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Dudee ji and Rajender ji:Yes a personal set-back because of dhokha dhari is really disappointing but if you are determined to accomplish something, you will and then how sweet it is! Western world and specially USA would have done lots of business with India for a long time but lack of business sense for long haul and of course some cheating by our countymen prevented it. Thanks to IT now, our country is catching up in trade and foreign exchange. However still need a basic change in business philosophy which I think is being influenced now with globalization of trade and is improving. We can't harp on the negatives all the time but it is better to get your frustrations off your chest. Rajender ji it is time now to visit foreign countries, let me know if I can be of any help. Ram S. Arya

ishwarlamba
October 24th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Dear Dudee Sahib, Ram Ji and Rajinder Ji,
Thanks for the providing details of bad experinces.
But most of the stories are not recent.
Many companies especially in IT are doing very well. During July 2003, when I was in Silicon Valley, there was a recruitment fair from Indian companies. Indian companies are also doing call centers and outsourcing business very well. Automobiles and many engineering companies are doing very well. Govts in Maharastra, Goa, Gujarat, Andhra, Karnataka and Kerala South India are not so bad.
Polution in Delhi is less, Metro train project is going on before schedule.
I was in Mumbai and Nagpur for 15 years, power hardly went off. In western world, main progress was because of private sector. Indian IT companies are qualitywise at CMM level 5. Most of the companies in Australia, Europe and USA are at CMM level 3.
Hence let us be positive, think positive, do business with reputed companies.
I have friends who went to India and are getting salary in Australia dollars.
Rajinder bhai, as Arya Sahib has pointed out, we have a jat network spread round the globe. We welcome a jat business delegation from India.
Arya Ji days are gone, now u can do business with Indian companies. Our jat brothers like DLF and Continental Construction can help U.
Bhai Rajinder also can help u.
Let us have global jat business directory
Regards
Ishwar Lamba

dahbal
October 24th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks and
Wish you all and your family a very very Happy and Prosperous DEEPAWALI.

-Balraj Dahiya

rajendersingh
October 24th, 2003, 11:12 AM
dudeeji, arya ji and lamba ji ,namskar,
as you all said that these are the bad experinces and should not be a hindrance in our path of karma. i full see the things in same way .it is human nature to share our feelings,and the bad comes in mind.and there is no denying the fact that our upbringing is a bit different than a normal punjabi,brahaman,rajput and u name any caste.we are exposed to a more fair way of life.rather we are trained to be on extreme side of life.and the practicle world is different.
thats why this sort of agony...otherwise we all know we can not change the system...the best we can do is to be on right side of our learnt lessons.

arya ji and lamba ji i am realy thankful to you for showing faith and such kind gestures.i will always remember all this

smalik
October 24th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Happy Diwali Dudeeji

ranjitjat
October 24th, 2003, 04:32 PM
DEAR ARYA JI , LAMBA JI AND MAJOR RAJENDER
NAMASKAR
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and positive advice.
We all know the good and bad things about India.
We are learning our lesson hard way.
We must so the good KARMAS and business with India, but must be careful.
India is making progress but all these evils are there and we have to live with it and make progress same time. This is very difficult task.
This thing only happened last week in Panipat.
What Happened with Swiss diplomat and story of President body guards is matter of shame to India.
When we are celebrating DEWALI- THE VICTORY OF TRUTH OVER EVILS.
RAM KY GOON DHARAN KARNY CHAHIYE
EVILS- BURAIYO KA RAWAN JALANA CHAHIYE.
I agree we should think positive and do positive action- KARMAS to get good positive result.
What ever bad experiences we had in the past
- we should learn a lesson and do positive action- good KARMAS.
I am more wise- positive - careful and active after these bitter experiences.
I will always fight against evils and curreption.
BURA ADAMI BURAI KA RASATA NAHI CHODATA-
TO BHALEY_SAJJAN PURAS KO BHI SACHAI KA RASATA NAHI CHODANA CHAHIYE.
JIWAN SANGHARAS HAI- KARAM KI GATI MAHAN HAI.
BY GOOD DEEDS- GOOD ACTION - KARMA A PERSON CAN GET A REAL HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS- NOT by CHEATING
THIS IS A MORAL OF THIS DISCUSSION AND STORIES.
HAPPY DEWALI AND GOD BLESS WISDOM TO ALL.
DHARMPAL

ranjitjat
October 25th, 2003, 04:49 AM
DEAR SANJAY & BALRAJ

HAPPY DEWALI TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY

THINK POSITIVE
DO POSIVITE ACTION
DO GOOD DEEDS- KARMA

BE HONEST & HARDWORKERS
BE HAPPY ALWAYS

vkajla
October 25th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Happy diwali to you too. Thank you for your contributions to this site.
Vijay Kajla

ranjitjat
October 25th, 2003, 09:45 PM
DEAR VIJAY KAJLA JI
Thank you very much .
Welcome to JATLAND
HAPPY DEWALI TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

JAIHIND

DHARMPAL

guliayaj100
October 25th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Manushya karm karne me svatantra hai.