PDA

View Full Version : please suggest me for SSB

vikrantsiwag
September 3rd, 2003, 03:12 PM
Dear All,

I am a young aspirant hoping to join armed forces as one of the options for career.i m going to give my NDA exam on 14'th sept.and hoping to succed this.can anybody tell me that how should i prpare SSB to clear in first attempt,as it is my last attempt at NDA.

Plz also tell me that does "SIFARISH" or money matters at SSB(if anybody knows).
I shall be very thankful....

Vikrant

itsnavin
September 3rd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Hi Vikrant
There is not much I can tell you about how to go for SSB preparations but refrain from using the other means like money, Sifarish etc. You said, you are an aspirant for joining the armed forces, be honest, and prepare yourself for the SSB. If you feel you are not going to clear it, never think of using the other powers. It's your strength, dedication, positive thoughts which can get you through this exams. Don't indulge in any 'panga' when you stay there for SSB. Take the things seriously. Your behaviour is keenly studied in SSBs. Take care while taking the group task and the command tasks. Your behaviour with the team members should be according to the tasks you are handling.

I think you'll get more close advice from other members as well.
All the best!
Navin

sandeepbalyan
September 3rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Hi Vikrant ,
The most important thing u have to do ..to take care of any action taken while u r at interview.u will have to stay there for three days and even a small move of u r is noted. they keep very sharp eyes.first attempt in interview is realy very easy.try to do more communication practise.try to read as much as u can on current affairs.keep u r profile questions updated ..mean why u want to join army...and more question about u and u r family.these matters really very much... try to be very smart whole days u stay in SSB center.All centers are good and examinars are also very very good ... and friendly.... so be positive and ... do it ... my best of luck.. to u ....
u can write more question here if u wanna ask more...

Best Regards
sandeep balyan

snrsingh
September 3rd, 2003, 06:07 PM
hello!

first you give your written exam with full vigour and leave everything to GOD.When you clear your exam just contact me .i have some friend at IMA they will help you in this matter.More over SSB interview require certain quality .There is no SIFARISH and no MONEY is exchanged, but there can be some indirect help!!.Many of my relative are in army this is what they fell!!.
any way you are from martial race of JAT they are looking forward to take you.
All the best for your exam !!

WITH WARM REGARD
Surinder Singh Dudi

vikrantsiwag
September 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Dear Navin,Sandeep and Surinder.first of all thanx a lot for all of your suggestions and help.Actually somebody told me that money and approach both matters at SSB,that is why i was asking.Thanks again for the suggestions.

It'd be helpful if some other readers also share there views...

Vikrant.

rameshlakra
September 5th, 2003, 07:26 PM
hi vikrant
as others have rightly pointed out there is no money involved . the modus operandi for all those who ask for money is simple , they say " bhai je hogaya te rupeye mahare arr na te kati nu ke nu ulte de dya ge " so if u get selected ,mind it , of ur own the money belongs to them otherwise it was ur money only . they win both ways. firstly pass ur written exam and u r goin to get enough time to prepare for the sb then , to start of u dont have to prepare much . just be a good human being and try to inculcate the following :--
a) do not lie or steal ...be truthful .. which i am sure u are
B)imporove ur communication skills by reading newspaper (try to memorise 10 new words everday and use in communcation) . we jats are particularly weak in this area so u will have to work a lot here . to name a few others .. watch bbc and do lip reading , read good novels , dont feel shy while communicating in english with friends ( have a group of like minded student and discuss a topic everday)

well i can tell u rest when u get selected in written . so till the all the best and study hard ..there is no subsitute for that . take care

amitrajora
September 6th, 2003, 02:38 PM
all the best for ssb!
just be your natural self and try to enjoy all the activities you take part in.

ranafamily
September 12th, 2003, 09:04 PM
dear friend,
i m late in replying to your call.i m sorry about that. i don't know if u still need this information ,but still here is what i know.
i can tell this from firsthand experience as i have appeared for and cleared s s b in the first attempt. i did even join n d a but left it to pursue medicine.
first -dont believe in all the gossip u come across.people say a lot of things but not everything is factual.
i come from a purely civilian background .i did not have any jack nor did i have to pay any money.i also did not come across any incident in which case these things were the deciding factors.
pay attention to your personality developement and communication skills.people often think that the physical component of the test is all that matters.this is true if one wants to be a sepoy. to be an officer u need to showcase your officer like qualities.remember they r looking for an officer to get things done.here is where the mental part comes in.
basically they will be observing your leadership quality,your intelligence ,your comprehension of various situations, your ability to forge a bond with your fellow officers, your ability to command respect and authority without having to assert yourself too much.
play a role in group tasks.display your ability to be a leader as well as to be able to listen to authority.
and most imp-believe in yourself.
for any specific queries ,feel free to contact me.
with best wishes,
Dr.Ashish Rana.

Dr.

jagmohan
September 13th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Dear Vikrant,

Best of lucks for your NDA written exams.

Ashish and Ramesh Lakra are very right in saying in what they have written. No money & No Siparish can make you an Officer and a Gentleman. I had qualified in two SSBs (Allahabad & Bhopal) in Jun & Aug 1978 for OTA & IMA respectively. First Chance. I had joined OTA, Chhenai but later chose to shift to IMA, as I wanted a permanent commission and serve in INFANTRY.

In fact you may not have seen my earlier mail on this site wherein I have offered free coaching to JAT candidates.

Should you qualify in the NDA written exam tell me, I will send you about five pages of preparatory material. Presently I am in Mumbai and shall be in Delhi between 20 Oct - 08 Nov 2003. Find me. My e mail is jsmalik8@yahoo.com

I am again saying No money - No Siparish. I have not met a single person who has become an Officer in the Indian Army by paying money.

Believe in yourself and your abilities. 'JATON ko Fauj mein Officer nahi banavege to ke 'Refugee' bacha lenge iss desh ne'.

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

jagmohan
September 13th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Dear Vikrant,

Best of lucks for your NDA written exams.

Ashish and Ramesh Lakra are very right in saying in what they have written. No money & No Siparish can make you an Officer and a Gentleman. I had qualified in two SSBs (Allahabad & Bhopal) in Jun & Aug 1978 for OTA & IMA respectively. First Chance. I had joined OTA, Chhenai but later chose to shift to IMA, as I wanted a permanent commission and serve in INFANTRY.

In fact you may not have seen my earlier mail on this site wherein I have offered free coaching to JAT candidates.

Should you qualify in the NDA written exam tell me, I will send you about five pages of preparatory material. Presently I am in Mumbai and shall be in Delhi between 20 Oct - 08 Nov 2003. Find me. My e mail is jsmalik8@yahoo.com

I am again saying No money - No Siparish. I have not met a single person who has become an Officer in the Indian Army by paying money.

Believe in yourself and your abilities. 'JATON ko Fauj mein Officer nahi banavege to ke 'Refugee' bacha lenge iss desh ne'.

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

vikrantsiwag
September 15th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Dear Ramesh ji, Ashish ji, Amit ji and Jagmohan uncle. First of all thanx a very lot all of u for the valuable suggestions and wishing best of luck to me.
I've noted all the suggestions by all of u and will follow them.

Vikrant.

j_pannu
December 5th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Hi Vikrant

psycological tests in SSB are very important

Be prepare for one word sentences and story writing and prepare your self following topics

1. What u think of your self
2. What u r parents think of your self
3. What u r teachers think of u r self
4. What u r friend think of u r self.
5. Group discussions.
6. General aptitude test this will help in your screening.

You should have positive thinking.

Preapre for your self why do you want to join army

Be calm while giving interview.

Any further info u required do write me.

There are 100 % chance of clearing the interview in first attempt.

I am writing all these things as i also have cleared my SSB for CDS from Allahabad 34th Board.

take care

Jitender Pannu

j_pannu
December 5th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Hi

My email id is jitu@bisleri.co.in

Take Care