PDA

View Full Version : For Navin Farswal

rajoura
January 17th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Dear Navin
I appreciate your feedback. I understand that every one should contribute in the website in terms of information on Jats.

However just tell me one thing. Is Ch Charan Singh, Ch Ajit Singh, Raja Sooraj Mal, Raja Ranjit Singh (punjab), Tilpat (Raja of Mathura) are strange names which should be brought in Knowledge. These names has to there. You yourself maentioned in your reply about Charan Singh and Tikat. If you knew these names than why did'nt you mentioned these names earlier. Don't you know that Jats from U.P grow the maximum number of Sugar in as compaired to Hrayana and Punjab.

Well it is very easy to comment on a problem however very tough to indentify a problem.

Please find hereunder some important facts about Jats from U.P and Rajasthan.

The first opposition to Aurangzeb's autocratic rule came from the Jats of Mathura. In 1669, the sturdy and hard working peasantry of Jats under the leadership of Gokla, zamindar of Tilpat, rose against and killed the Imperial Faujdar Abdun-Nabi. It took more than one year for the powerful Mogul forces to subdue the Jats. Gokul was killed and his family forcibly converted to Islam. But this did not deter the Jats and they once again rose in rebellion in 1685 under the leadership of Raja Ram. Akbar's tomb in Sikandra was plundered by them in 1688. Finally the Jats were defeated and Raja Ram slain in 1691. But the brave Jats again got organized under the leadership of Churaman and revolted. They continued a strong armed resistance against the Mughals after Aurangzeb's death.

Towards the end of Aurangzeb's reign, predatory bands of Jats under individual leaders like Rajaram, Bhajja and Churaman carried out depredations around Delhi and Agra. They slowly increased their power. But whatever they had achieved was lost when Sawai Jai Singh II captured Churaman's stronghold of Thun in 1721. Till this time Jats were never united and they followed their individual village headsmen. But all this was changed by Badan Singh, the son of Churaman's brother, Bhao Singh. Even n the face of great difficulties, Badan Singh established his authority over almost of Agra and Mathura by wisdom, versatility and marriage alliances with powerful Jat families. Badan Singh died on 7th June, 1756. His adopted son and successor was Suraj Mal.

Looking forward for your comments

Best Regards

Sanjeev

itsnavin
January 19th, 2004, 03:16 PM
That's encouraging Sanjeev!
You'll see more from my side soon...
Cheers
Navin