PDA

View Full Version : US JATS VERSUS INDIAN JATS?

imalik
February 11th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Don we think tht especially jat changes alot after a US visit except few?

Is it so!!

:)
Indu.

akdabas
February 11th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I don't think so. May be the Jats returning from USA are more close to JAT culture.
Ofcourse there are exceptions.

dpdagar
February 11th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Hi Indu,
Please stop posting these conflict-ridden topics...and focus on positive things...please accpet my sincere apology in advance for making such a blunt request.
Dagar

suny04
February 11th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Indu Malik (Feb 11, 2004 11:09 a.m.):
Don we think tht especially jat changes alot after a US visit except few?
They even forget our indian culture and do starts even criticising our own culture n values.
A 360 degree change.

May i have some light on it ?

Indu.

if this is 360 deg.change then how can the end result can be any different??

anilkc
February 12th, 2004, 03:14 AM
well all jats are different...a delhi jat is different from bhopali jat...and so on...
u have rajasthan jats, haryana jats, UP jats,
punjab jats, mumbai jats, chennai jats, uk jats,
australian jats, fiji jats, usa jats, italian jats, russian jats, dubai jats, new delhi jats, gurgaon jats, mahipalpur jats, sonepat jats, nagaur jats, jodhpur jats, merrut jats, bulandshar jats,...
tilak gali jats, ram gali jats, jatland.com jats, jatclub.com jats, texas jats, california jats, boston jats...IAS jat, doctor jat, engineer jat, clerk jat, kissan jat, criminal jat, neta jat, abhineta jat...har jagah jat hain...difference dhundo to hazaroo milenge, commonality dhundho to sirf ek kafi hai...
yeh "versus" ke chakkar mein pad gaye to zindagi lut jayegi.

rkumar
February 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM
As I told earlier also, Jats are just jats, do not label them any further..

Rajendra

uday
February 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Om !!! Shanti.. Shanti.. Shanti..

dkumar
February 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Well, with due respect to everyone on the board and may join later -

"The bitter truth which we accept or not is - Regionalism EXISTS in JAT'S more than any other community rather to alarming levels!"

Believe it or not - your choice!

dahbal
February 12th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Everybody,

I have seen lots of cases in out jat community which shows that they become US JATS instead of INDIAN JATS.Few of my friends are studing in USA and when they came back India.They are saying here is no electricity,no cyber cafe and lots of dusts.kAHTE HAIN "Waapis aane ko man hi nahi karta lekin kya karein majburi hai yahan to bahut garmi hai,dhool ud rahi hai,sadak aachi nahi hain jabki wo 2 saal pahle yahi rahta tha etc.".They shows less indian and more USA activity here.

I don't know why it is so?

We Indian Jats should always be indians jats wherever we may live in the world.

-Balraj

danarambeerda
February 12th, 2004, 02:04 PM
well i aint agree on this issue, caz the jat i m fameliar with them have became more sincere with jat community then they ever been before for an example Dr Ghasi Ram Verma who is the most helpful guy for our samaj i ever seen.

keep up guys

jagmohan
February 12th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Dear All,

One reason why we don't make progress proportional to our potential is because we waste our time in such topics (Me too, but I am a retired person and in my second career and I have a lot of time).

What regionalism are we talikng about here? If 1731 members, and supposedly educated, can't believe that we as a community are one then God alone can help us. Sorry, God too has no time for such people or communities for HE helps those who help themselves. I learnt this when I was in Standard III.

Dhool udde se? Shukar hai ye nahin kaha ki saath mein badbu bhi aati hai. Let us face some facts people. I have been interacting with few US JATS since I became a member of this site. They are respectful and sincere. However, I don't see them as this JAT or that JAT. A JAT is a JAT.

I am reminded of my days spent in the foothills of Assam and Arunanchal Pradesh two decades ago. A lot of road side 'dhabas' had come up. One of them had a board 'GOHANA HINDU JAT DHABA', while the other had 'SAFIDON JAT DHABA'. I stopped and asked them why they had written so. It was a simple matter actually. They were meeting points for the drivers of a particular area. And I believe JATLAND is meeting point for JATS. God forbid if the displayed intellect of some members is appreciated and accepted, tomorrow we might have different sites for different States and/or Gotras !!

Did you get the point or not? Let us try and become one community, literally. There have to be differences when every 50 miles you have a change of dilect. Why don't we learn from each other rather than finding out what differences we have.

My Grandmother was from UP (Near Mathura), Mother is from Dilli Suba, Wife is from UP (Baghpat) while I am from Haryana (Sonepat). I don't have a daughter but if I can motivate my only niece (note motivate nor force), I would like to marry her in a JAT family in Rajasthan. Sorry for this I, me and myself but what I am getting at is that what counts is you as an individual and not from where you belong.

Thanks,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

palsaniya
February 12th, 2004, 03:25 PM
So Mr. Dagar

what are you saying??? i think these topics are very Important !!!! then what do you need??? some frizzed jokes..??..

man, Think like thoughts of man !!!!

These topics are really Excellent if you think positively, there is only one problem with Indu's posts requirement of brain to think..:)..its truth man!!!
so mr. dagar try to improve the situation ..:)...

D P Dagar (Feb 11, 2004 12:41 p.m.):
Hi Indu,
Please stop posting these conflict-ridden topics...and focus on positive things...please accpet my sincere apology in advance for making such a blunt request.
Dagar

dpdagar
February 12th, 2004, 07:46 PM
...ur right man....
I know only one thing 'I can not win a argument'..
so thx Mr Palsaniya...At least we have a gr8 thinker like u congratulations.

Dagar

anilkc
February 12th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Whats wrong abt complaining abt bad roads, no electricity, no cyber cafe, dust etc?

Dont we need good roads, 24 hrs electricity, internet connectivity, cleaner neighbourhoods ?

Why do we accept this low quality or no returns from our govt? If the govt expects us to pay our taxes in full, why dont we expect full returns from the govt ?

If going to USA, makes us realise how we have been fooled by our govt, so be it. kisi ko to akal ayii.

Complaining abt something thats wrong just shows USA jats are better. Accepting bad stuff just shows Indian Jats are still being fooled. So, this example for bad charachteristic of USA jats is wrong.
Try another one...

imalik
February 12th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Truth is always bitter in taste and hard to digest.

anilkc
February 12th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Indu ji,
Rather than just saying USA jats dont beleive in things Indian, pls try to give examples of things USA jats dont beleive in, but all indian Jats do beleive in.

To start with, just give 1 blunt fact that differentiates between USA and Indian Jat and thats bad.

imalik
February 12th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Dear Rajendra ji,
I felt nice after seeing that when you Thinks of jat, yu mean jat only irrespective of their location.

imalik
February 12th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Please read the lines again.
You always try to give a different direction to it.

rkumar
February 12th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Dear Indu,

I can understand how you feel like. However, let me tell you that a Jat always remains rustic at heart does not matter where he lives. I move from Village to City and from India to Europe, USA very frequently, but my heart remain in my village. I am sure same is true about most jat boys. However, there is one thing which I am sure most married Jat boys suffer ( I certainly suffer and confess this). Problem is not with boys, its with their wives who start disliking villages and particularly their sasuraals in villages. Its they who demand modern amnities and not the boys. This separates the jat boys slowly from villages. It takes really guts of a jat boy to overcoem this problem. May be you can enlighten us on married jat girls' behavour better as to why they hate going to their sasuraals in villages. I have met jats from all over places and find no problem at all with them. However, Jat married girls don't like village jats visiting their city homes. I know thousands of such cases. So to me the problem is not of jats from USA and India, but of married Jat girls who really hate village jats vising their homes..Its they who frown upon the village jats and not the jat boys. Please correct me if I am wrong. I totally agree with Anil what he has written in his posts on this subject.

Regards
Rajendra

dpdagar
February 12th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Hi Indu,
reason why I asked u to stop posting these topics is:
I think Jatland.com is designed to help educated jats for networking
..friends...to get professional help.......etc etc..
we are not here to prove ..who is better or worse etc.
Also I know many jats in US who are preserving jat culture better than Jats
in India.

..its look like u have been to north america ?
also have u lived in a village ?
have u done any part of your schooling from Rural school ?
have u helped any jat(s) in any way ?
can u speak ur local language fluently ?

if answer to any of the above questions is 'Yes' ...than u might understand
jat culture..
so please do not mind my comments ...
Dagar

imalik
February 12th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Take it easy n be cool dagar.

Indu.

saharawat
February 12th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Hi Indu

Please dont mind, but you have to argument if u have posted a dicussion thread. Dont mind but this is general didcussion and you will face all kind of person some will favour you and some will oppose you so please do not take it personally just be cool?

Dont mind but it looks that you are angry from the Jaat who are abroad.

Its true that poeple forget the about thier culture after going abroad. But as i think it is natural becuase everyone wants to inprove his/her living standard, everone want to live a better & less hard working life. And you will find this behaviour in 90% Indian who want to settle abroad if they get a chance.

I want to ask a question from you. Why poeple leaving villages to live in the city/big city. Would u like to settle in a village after finishing ur professional life when u will become old?

Please dont take it personally. Sorry in advance if my words hurt you.

cooljat
February 12th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Hey! hey! hey!!! Indu,
What the hell are u saying!!
U know what, u’r totally wrong!
I strongly believe that Jat chahe koi bhi pardes mein chala jaye par uska dil hamesa desi hi rahega.
For example, I tell u….my tauji is a highly acclaimed scientist & in Canada for more then last 40 yrs but believe me whenever they visit village no one yes! No one can predict that this gentleman is now become a Canadian. They are so desi when in village they even kheti bhi karte hein.
Now let’s talk’bout a very hon’able jatland’s elderly member Subha Chandra Shivrayan uncle, he’s in Sydney for more then last 10 yrs & been Canada, England, Hong-Kong before too. Fortunately sometimes ago I met them and hats off & salutations to them as I never expected such a warm welcome & closeness from a person I never met before, their accent is still totally desi rajasthani, I never felt that he’s from Australia.
Want more, let’s talk about the great Dharmendra, once I saw an interview of him in TV. He’s was saying that after leaving the movies now I devote my most of time in farming. He’s having a big farm house in Mumbai somewhere & u often can find him driving tractor in it. So now could still stand by ur views that pardesi jats has changed?????

Jat hamesa Jat rahega chahe who channd par hi kyon nahin pahooonch jaye, kyonki appkhir uska dil hai pure Hindustani desi Jat ka! Any doubts….

But if u still think Jat’s are changing then why everybody can guess it right by just seeing a person posture, body language, speaking accent whether the guy is Jat or not!

Even my lots of friends tell that jat-shahab aap chahe kahin bhi chale jaye aur kitni bhi English bol le, aur chahe kitna bhi morden ho jayne par apko ko bhi Indian will presume it right that u’r a desi jat!! And I always say I’m proud to be one!!

So Induji stop posting this kinda issues as they spreads some anger & contradiction and will frustrate jatland members here!
Please, think about it!

Golden hearted Jats will remain genuine Jats always, forever!!

That’s all for now, stay happy!!!!

Rock on but take care,

Affectionately,
Jitendra
Jaipur
Jat~ distinctive since 1979

anilkc
February 13th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Yet no example of how USA is corrupting jats...still waiting.

For time being let me state 1 fact from history:
If u cut yourself from the world, u are doomed as a society.

Long back in history, India was center of excellence in education, everyone wanted to trade with India and india had riches no one could imagine. India enjoyed a status very similar to USA today. Ppl from all over the world used to come to India and Indians used to travel all over the world.

...then something happened, we not only stopped ignoring the world, we denied it existence and even made it a crime to cross the ocean...and see how far behind we have fallen today.

The Indian place was taken over by the arabs, they traded all over the world, collected all the knowledge from all over the world including India, giving rise to great arab empires like ottomans...but they fell in the same Indian trap...and see where they are now.

From the arabs, the batton has now passed on to the west and I think the trophy will be again up for grabs within next 100 yrs. But the Q is who will take it now ? Are we prepared to snatch it ?

For Jats to play a prominant role in future, they have to first get out of their home and acknowledge that there is a world outside. Even if u think its bad outside, go out and clean it. If u r afraid of getting dirty, u cannot clean. If u r seeing some dirt on NRI Jats, its just this temporary and superficial dirt. Inside its still pure Jat. And as history has shown, these NRI Jats will bring in more good than bad to the community.

Budhdha aur mahaveer wo nahi hote jo hain agar wo ghar pe hi baithe rehte. Many of our great freedom fighters realised the meaning of being Indian and slavery only after going to london. Rajiv Gandhi brought in fresh idea from his stay abroad. Ajit Singh is an exception...I dont knowwhat went wrong in his case.

Look at India today: Jo kaam pachahs saloon mein nahi hua, wo kaam pichle 5 saal mein H1B visa ne kar dikhaya.

Our Aim should be: jahan jagah mile jao aur jatoon ke jhande ghad ke aao.

Koi to samajhaye ki USA ke Jatoon ne aisa kiya kar diya ki aap khafa ho gaye?

lalit_nashier
February 13th, 2004, 12:11 AM
ACCORDING to me , problem is not of indian or US. JAT, education set up a difference .
we all know that educated persons who are in METROPOLITAN CITY or in villages also, they all need better and modern things .
WHAT ABOUT ALL OF YOU?
DO YOU THINK THAT WE ARE DOING ALL OF HARD WORKING FOR OUR GOOD LIFE .

NOW TALKING ABOUT UNEDUCATED VILLAGERS WHO ARE WORKING HARD FOR THEIR FOOD.
DO THEY NOT NEED MODERN THINGS .
SO IN LIGHT OF ABOVE THINGS,AND, TALKING ABOUT CHANGES IN JATS WHEN THEY VISIT US , IT IS NATURAL BECAUSE WE KNOW IF SOME ONE WHO TEST SOME BETTER THAN HE OR SHE DOESN'T LIKE ANY THING BAD.
SAME THE CASE HERE, THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE THINGS WHICH ARE BAD IN INDIA , THEY ARE NOT COMPLAINING THAT THE CULTURE AND VALUES OF INDIA ARE NOT GOOD BECAUSE THEY KNOW, THEY ARE INDIAN FIRST AND THAN ANY THING ELSE.
THEY DIDN'T FORGET THEIR CULTURE AND WHAT WE SAY "RITIRIWAZ".

INDU JI , NOW A QUESTION FOR YOU ((for all we can say))
"i think you visited any forgien atleast once in your life , than can i ask you that you think when you came to india ? "

i have so much to say but geting bore , so i think i have to stop........

thank you........

NASHIER LALIT ( SONU )
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

lalit_nashier
February 13th, 2004, 12:17 AM
ACCORDING to me , problem is not of indian or US. JAT, education set up a difference .
we all know that educated persons who are in METROPOLITAN CITY or in villages also, they all need better and modern things .
WHAT ABOUT ALL OF YOU?
DO YOU THINK THAT WE ARE DOING ALL OF HARD WORKING FOR OUR GOOD LIFE .

NOW TALKING ABOUT UNEDUCATED VILLAGERS WHO ARE WORKING HARD FOR THEIR FOOD.
DO THEY NOT NEED MODERN THINGS .
SO IN LIGHT OF ABOVE THINGS,AND, TALKING ABOUT CHANGES IN JATS WHEN THEY VISIT US , IT IS NATURAL BECAUSE WE KNOW IF SOME ONE WHO TEST SOME BETTER THAN HE OR SHE DOESN'T LIKE ANY THING BAD.
SAME THE CASE HERE, THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE THINGS WHICH ARE BAD IN INDIA , THEY ARE NOT COMPLAINING THAT THE CULTURE AND VALUES OF INDIA ARE NOT GOOD BECAUSE THEY KNOW, THEY ARE INDIAN FIRST AND THAN ANY THING ELSE.
THEY DIDN'T FORGET THEIR CULTURE AND WHAT WE SAY "RITIRIWAZ".

INDU JI , NOW A QUESTION FOR YOU ((for all we can say))
"i think you visited any forgien atleast once in your life , than can i ask you that you think when you came to india ? "

i have so much to say but geting bore , so i think i have to stop........

thank you........

NASHIER LALIT ( SONU )
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

mbamal
February 13th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Indu,

We do not need "samaj ke thekedaar" kind of mentality here..Everyone is free to do anything he wants to do provided he does not compromises the freedom of others...even if someone is living in a village for all his life..he cannot proclaim to be a better jat than any other jat living abroad. no one...No ONE has a right to pass judgement on others in this regard

ugehlot
February 13th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Indu first of all.....what indian values you are talking about that jats in US have forgotten.....cultuers and values dont change so easily......first of all majority of jats who are in the USA have excellent track records in education and leadership....USA is not something where fugitives migrate....these jats here have shown tremendous strength....

ang by the way....honorable Mr. Nitin Dahiya who started this website is alos currently in USA.. ask him and others if they have lost any values....they will only just ignore you

anilkc
February 13th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I think ppl are confused between culture and life style.

imalik
February 13th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Moreover i beleive in truth and tht dont need further proof of itself. It reveals itself.

scsheorayan
February 13th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Dear all,

very interesting discussion and participants have raised questions basically about attitude. Believe me it is all about attitude whether one lives in India,US or any other place. What decides one's attitude is one's philosophy of life. Our core values are hard to change but acquired values like dislike for dust and heat do change with environment. People do get used to some basic creature comfort and when they don't get them it bothers them and ofcourse it is natural to complain.

However some people complain and others don't because of difference in their priorities. One who places his own comfort over and above any social obligations will most likely not put up with discomforts (that may be the reason why some wives don't want to go to village because they odn't get creature comforts there and have little or no spiritual attachment with any one living in the village. Ask the same girl if she would visit her mother in the next village in all likelihood she will ignore all discomforts because she has spiritual connection and attachment with her parents.)
Human body is very adaptable and gets used to environment in which one has to live. Even after living for long periods in comfortable environment one can get used to some heat and dust provided he is motivated enough.

Why some people change their language and priorities after leaving village is not difficult to apprehend. Perhaps they suffer from inferiority complex and try to compensate for it by changing their accent or life style. Who is to say that one person is better than other because he lives there and not here. One rule applies to all human beings that they are at their best behaviour when they are not stressed out or threatened. When a person rises above his littleself he/she can empathise with others and probably try and help those who are dear to him. If this statement is true then logically we can also say that any one who is financially secure himself will probably try and help others who are not as fortunate. Going to US or any other developed country is a step in the direction of financial independence and those who are successful their and have risen above their own needs are better able and willing to help others who need iit most. There are quite a few examples in US e.g. Dr. G.R.Verma, Sh. Ram Sarup Arya and am sure there are quite a few we don't even know about. Those are silent achievers and worthy of following. On the other hand there are those who forget their back ground were probably not much use to any one when they were in India then where is the loss if they have forgotten their motherland. Good luck to them because they are going to need it. Material comforts are no substitute for peace of mind which comes from knowing that you are doing the right thing. Does any one here remember Onasis case. He is also a Jat who was so unfortunate that even after marrying the richest girl peace and happiness eluded him. Perhaps culture has some thing to do with it or may be his philosophy of life or just misfortune. Others can learn from it.

raka_73
February 13th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Indu, i really don't know what to say here exactly coz i know not what u r and what u wanna prove here. let me tell u that i lived in
Haryana for 18 years and now i am living in NY for several years. i see no negative change in my thoughts,in fact i improved, and i know hundereds of hundereds people here who r typical jat even they live in modern style. and i agree with rajendra about boys vs girls. i hardly find a jat girl who speeks 100% haryanvi and want to live in village. anyway, you should take your words back coz jat is jaat no matter where they live. indu take it easy. be cool and warm.

anilkc
February 13th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Public US ke baare mein bahut confused hai...what u see in TV or Movies is not USA ppl live in.
It has extreme climates and geography to...worse that India.
There is lot of heat and dust, roads have potholes as big as in India. Govt schools are are as bad as in India. Privates schools are unaffordable by normal public, including highly paid software engineers. U have corrupt politicians and lethargic govt employees in USA.
U have criminals of the worst kind.

The thing that sets Americans apart from rest of the world is "The Attitude".
They complain a lot and keep complaining till the issue is resolved. They do not accept limitations. They work hard to overcome it. They fight hard for things they beleive is right.
(Whats right is debatable, but thats not the issue here).

Generally, what we do? We romanticise poverty...why ? We accept everything as it is. Whay r we afraid of change?

Paise kamane aur aisho aram ki zindagi jine ka haq sirf baniyoon ko kiyoon hai ? Why cant a Jat make money and live in palaces?

Why ppl assume, corruption is the only way to make money or if u touch money, it will corrupt you ?

danarambeerda
February 13th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I am 100% agree with Mr. Dagar
I think we should take advantage of this web site, like help about education, profession, to become familiar with other jats, to know their livings style in other countries etc etc....
So please dont argue or compare....always think positive freids....

sandeepk
February 14th, 2004, 05:23 AM
HI INDU,
PLZ. DON'T MIND BUT I ITS MY OPINION THAT WE JATS WHAT U MEANS TO SAY HAVE COME OUT OF THOSE INDIAN JATS ONLY. SO TALKING OF SOME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THERE MENTALITYA ND OUR MENTALITY WOULD BE QUITE DIFFERENTAS WE ARE APPROACHING LIFE FROM ALL TOGATHER A DIFFERENT ANGEL AND JATS IN INDIA ARE APPROACHING IT FROM ANOTHER ANGEL. THE MAIN THINGS IS SOCIETY, WHICH CHANGES OUR MENTALITY,WE GUYS AND GIRLS LIVE IN ALL TOGATHER DIFFERENT KIND OF SOCIETYBUT SHOULD NEVER FORGET THAT A FEW DAYS BACK WE WERE THE PART OF THE SAME COMMUNITY WE U R TRYING TO FIND A DIFFERENCE WITH. ULTIMATELY WE HAVE COME OUT OF THEM AND HAVE GOT THE SAME CORE VALUES AS THAY HAVE, SO I WOULD POSSIBLYSAY THAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ND US THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE PART WE ARE PLAYING IN DIFFERENT SOCIETIES.

imalik
February 14th, 2004, 02:08 PM

cooljat
February 14th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Respected Subha Uncle,
Dhok!
Very well said, uncle!
Attitude is everything, its absolute truth.
Therefore I always appreciate this pragmatic ethic-

‘U’LL BE WHAT U’LL TO BE;
UR ATTITUDE ALWAYS DETERMINES UR ALTITUDE!!!’

So dear friends wear ur right attitude & be versatile,
This is ultimate funda to get success, satisfaction & peace of mind!

I really admire following words of wisdom from great legend Bruce Lee, read & learn--
He used to say always that ur attitude should be like water, when some pours it in any kinda container it takes its shape but at the same time it never loses its entity.

So a real Jat should be flexible & adoptable like water which never loses its entity!!

Rock on but take care,

Affectionately,
Jitendra
Jat~ distinctive since 1979.

Shubha Chand Sheorayan (Feb 13, 2004 07:35 a.m.):
Dear all,

very interesting discussion and participants have raised questions basically about attitude. Believe me it is all about attitude whether one lives in India,US or any other place. What decides one's attitude is one's philosophy of life. Our core values are hard to change but acquired values like dislike for dust and heat do change with environment. People do get used to some basic creature comfort and when they don't get them it bothers them and ofcourse it is natural to complain.

However some people complain and others don't because of difference in their priorities. One who places his own comfort over and above any social obligations will most likely not put up with discomforts (that may be the reason why some wives don't want to go to village because they odn't get creature comforts there and have little or no spiritual attachment with any one living in the village. Ask the same girl if she would visit her mother in the next village in all likelihood she will ignore all discomforts because she has spiritual connection and attachment with her parents.)
Human body is very adaptable and gets used to environment in which one has to live. Even after living for long periods in comfortable environment one can get used to some heat and dust provided he is motivated enough.

Why some people change their language and priorities after leaving village is not difficult to apprehend. Perhaps they suffer from inferiority complex and try to compensate for it by changing their accent or life style. Who is to say that one person is better than other because he lives there and not here. One rule applies to all human beings that they are at their best behaviour when they are not stressed out or threatened. When a person rises above his littleself he/she can empathise with others and probably try and help those who are dear to him. If this statement is true then logically we can also say that any one who is financially secure himself will probably try and help others who are not as fortunate. Going to US or any other developed country is a step in the direction of financial independence and those who are successful their and have risen above their own needs are better able and willing to help others who need iit most. There are quite a few examples in US e.g. Dr. G.R.Verma, Sh. Ram Sarup Arya and am sure there are quite a few we don't even know about. Those are silent achievers and worthy of following. On the other hand there are those who forget their back ground were probably not much use to any one when they were in India then where is the loss if they have forgotten their motherland. Good luck to them because they are going to need it. Material comforts are no substitute for peace of mind which comes from knowing that you are doing the right thing. Does any one here remember Onasis case. He is also a Jat who was so unfortunate that even after marrying the richest girl peace and happiness eluded him. Perhaps culture has some thing to do with it or may be his philosophy of life or just misfortune. Others can learn from it.

sangwan
February 17th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Before you ask a question of this nature, one must provide some criteria for changes. North America has a relatively small population of jats. Most of us came here for higher education and then stayed here to earn a better living. Yes, we did change but the changes were for the better. Most of us remain committed and attached to our extended families back in India. We have strong feelings for our community and a great deal of longing for making positive changes in the community. Most of us have worked to get our jat boys and girls better educated and have helped them to improve life for them and their children. Most of us have stood tall to support better education for girls and their equal rights in society. We have advocated for abolishing dowry. If this what you mean in terms of changes, then this is a complement and our hats off to you.
Regards,
Tilak Verma, Ph.D.

lohat
February 17th, 2004, 02:15 PM
look guys and gals , i m a new entrant to this site , but what i know that i m core punjabi jatt and i can't stop posting my message here . stop putting up this conflicting topics that divide a man from a man and not just a jat from a jatt ! . we are all from the same humble india and lets just be indian an just indians .

i m doing my engineering in electronics at thapar university , patiala. So , plz spare me if i m against ur work culture here . i hope a few of u will definitely agree with me here ! i will look forward to ur replies

choudharysaaab
February 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM
hello deeepak!!!

u plz stop putting such nonsense messages here...tumko kisane kaha ki ham log INDIAN nahi he...mujhe lagata he ki tumko kuchh galat fahami he...ye ek pariwaar he..jaha ham log hamare views share kerte he...n at least for me...it is not possible to accept some body else to start argue here...regarding our pariwaar ok?
jaha tak mera sawal he... me to tumko yaha accept nahi karoonga...yahoo messenger ka char room thode hi he ye ki jab jisaki ichchha hui aa gaya...aut sooroo ho gaya....matlab hamare hi ghar me hame hi challenge ker rahe ho....yaha aur members ka kya vichar he is baare me.. me nahi jaanata...me punjabi jatt ko alag maanata hoon.....

Hemant...

deepak singh lohat (Feb 17, 2004 03:45 a.m.):
look guys and gals , i m a new entrant to this site , but what i know that i m core punjabi jatt and i can't stop posting my message here . stop putting up this conflicting topics that divide a man from a man and not just a jat from a jatt ! . we are all from the same humble india and lets just be indian an just indians .

i m doing my engineering in electronics at thapar university , patiala. So , plz spare me if i m against ur work culture here . i hope a few of u will definitely agree with me here ! i will look forward to ur replies

dahbal
February 18th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Hi Everybody,

I request you everybody to stop discussing on this topic now.Everybody had already given a lots of arguments and comments.I think everybody know the actual truth behind it .May be some of your family members or relatives are in US.

This jatland website is not for not putting message and doing arguments on that.But it's for doing or taking action in favour of this jat community.

I hope no body will do unusual arguments and discussion in future.

I am sorry if anybody mind or feel it.I put this message here because further disscussion will create confliction,misunderstanding and hate between the members.Due to that the member will stop taking interest in this website and that will not be good for this project.Actually this happened and I have noted.Also I have heard from some peoples or members.

Regards,
Balraj

sanjeevmalik
February 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
A healthy discusssion is a good discussion. Everybody had right to be critical about any issue. So the reader has to take the matter objectively rather than subjectively.

I am for the people to come out and share their views and thoughts on any topic. Others have a chance to engage in the discussion or just neglect it.

Thanks.

mbamal
February 19th, 2004, 04:38 AM
I agree with Sanjeev...this is a discussion..if someone doesnt want to b a part of this..he/she is free to ignore it or to b a part of it

vimal
February 26th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Namaste everybody,

Currently I am in US (california) and experiencing the life here. These ppl have lots and lots of money and very less population to provide facilities with. Country size is many times that of India, resources are huge. Everyone is educated and so on. Bring it to the level of population that India has or yahan bhi dhool udegi, badboo aayegi ;-)

India is doing gr8 comparing the resources that we have and the population that we need to support. We don't have that much space that govt can construct 6 lane roads inside cities etc. First priority is to remove poverty and only then a sweeper will look nice going to work in a toyota. believe me, here sweepers, mail, waiters they all have big cars :-).

So, some of the US jats when come here do change a little bit in behavior and all. After all Jats are also human. Thay all can not be good and sober and nice and..... Otherwise Gaziabad and Muzaffarnagar wouldn't have been having such high crime rates.

But leaving that aside, as the site have forums like General talk and other areas, we should be open to criticism and discussion on evils in Jat community. Yahn koi ek bhai joke post karta hai or 8 bhai wah wah karte hain. Chahe woh PJ hi kyun na ho. Jats are not chamcha kind of ppl who keep chanting wah wah and everything is good kind stuff. Discuss whatever comes to you, good, bad and ugly.

Aaj ki date mei ek jat police mei bharti ho jata hai or woh 5 lac ki dowry maangne lagta hai. Bhai, jameen kam ho gayee hai (getting divided between brothers), ladki ka baap 5 lac kahan se layega. Jahan tak hamne suna hai 30-40 saal pehle condition aisi nahi thee. Aaj ki date mei bachhe school baad mei jate hain, gang pehle ban jata hai. In villages more than 50% kids have access to kattas (desi pistols). Ghar mei gud 9jaggery) kam sugar jyada use hoti hai, and that toio in villages. Villages mei logon ne hukka peena band kar diya hai, beedi jyada achhi lagti hai.

Jab villages mei itna change aa gaya hai, to cities mei to obvious hai and on top of that if someone moves to US than he is more prone to these changes.

I agree that most of the guyz on this site are well educated and sensitive to Jat issues. that's why they visit this site. They definitely are concerned and they are taking the comment that "US jats are different" personally. May be because many of them are in US. But do NOT please take it personally and think from a broader point of view.

Only if we can identify our negatives, we can do something to correct those. We do not have big pockets to construct roads and provide other facilities but definitely can do something to enrich our culture, increase the jat network and bring in the awareness.

or bhai logon rahi baat girls ki. woh sasuraal nahi jana chahati and so on. where do these girls inherit these attributes. Obviously from we people - Jat males. Hum sab ke hi to saath rahti hai. This means that Jat fathers are also changed. They do not inculcate the feeling in girls that they should love their sasurals. Or ho sakta hai ki sasural mei bhi kuch kami ho. sabko apne ladke bahut pyaare lagte hain par bahuon se expectations kuch or hi hoti hai.

Bahut sara likh diya. pehli baar website par itna kuch likha hai ;-)

ab mere se mat lad padna ;-) mei to is ladai pisaad se door hi rahon.

Many many cheers.
Say cheeessssseee.....

anilkc
February 27th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Vimal Saab,
I dont know how long u have been in US, but what u r describing is very "stereotype" US.
1) Everyone is not educated.
Just try ask the person behind the counter, whats 2+2 and take away his machine ;)
2) Europe and Japan, taiwan, singapore, hong kong etc has higher population density than India...wahan dhul nahi udti, nahi badboo aati hai...
3) Go deep inside the city or far out of the city, u will find all the dust and badboo...WARNING: Never go there !, it will be a miracle if u return in 1 piece.
3) 6 lane roads where not constructed in the city...first 6 lane roads where constructed and then the villages turned into city.
4) Everyone has big cars, bcos their is no alternative..no public transport...except in big cities like NY or LA...here half the city does not have car
5) Everyone has big cars, bcos its affordable...in india more than half of the cost of cars is taxes...bcos govt thinks its a luxury and not a vehicle of progress

...generally we miss to see the ugly face of US initially...bcos we dont venture out or interact with locals..office...ghar...disneyland...niagara...ke lawa kahin jaate nahi hain...

cheers !!! have fun in california

palsaniya
February 27th, 2004, 12:33 AM
All Jats are great!!! :)

nvedwan
February 27th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Good points all Anil!
Let's try to think beyond the simple (but wrong, or at least incomplete) population explanation as the cause of all problems.

anil chaudhary (Feb 26, 2004 01:34 p.m.):
Vimal Saab,
I dont know how long u have been in US, but what u r describing is very "stereotype" US.
1) Everyone is not educated.
Just try ask the person behind the counter, whats 2+2 and take away his machine ;)
2) Europe and Japan, taiwan, singapore, hong kong etc has higher population density than India...wahan dhul nahi udti, nahi badboo aati hai...
3) Go deep inside the city or far out of the city, u will find all the dust and badboo...WARNING: Never go there !, it will be a miracle if u return in 1 piece.
3) 6 lane roads where not constructed in the city...first 6 lane roads where constructed and then the villages turned into city.
4) Everyone has big cars, bcos their is no alternative..no public transport...except in big cities like NY or LA...here half the city does not have car
5) Everyone has big cars, bcos its affordable...in india more than half of the cost of cars is taxes...bcos govt thinks its a luxury and not a vehicle of progress

...generally we miss to see the ugly face of US initially...bcos we dont venture out or interact with locals..office...ghar...disneyland...niagara...ke lawa kahin jaate nahi hain...

cheers !!! have fun in california

mbamal
February 27th, 2004, 05:28 AM
US aisa bhi nahin hai jaise aapne bataya...kabhi Alabama jaoge to real US dekhne ko milega...Let us not forget that 12.5% population in US is below poverty line (less than $360 per yr).

manu20
August 7th, 2004, 06:10 AM
jai hind