PDA

View Full Version : diffrences between sikh jat, hindu jat & muslim jat???

cooljat
March 24th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Hey! Gentle folks,
Can anybody here describe what the difference between Hindu Jats, Sikh Jats & Muslim Jats?
I’m quite confused & really don’t have any idea about this issue; I hope u ppl help me to ease this perplexity.

One more thing who are these Bishnoi’s ??? I did listen long ago that this community is separated from Jats; how true it is???

Waiting,

Affectionately,
Jitendra.
Jat~distinctive since 1979

rajoura
March 25th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Muslim, Sikh and Hindu Jats all are same however in different religion.

Actually during mughal period lot of hindus were forcibly converted ot ISLAM. Jats were also one of them, same is with Sikh Jats. Lot of hindus joined guru gobind singh army to fight against Aurangzeb and started keeping long hair and beard. People from different caste joined that army Jats were also one of them.

Not even lot of Rajput, Gujjar, are also Muslim, Sikh and Hindu.

rkumar
March 25th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Sanjeev Rajoura (Mar 24, 2004 04:20 p.m.):
Muslim, Sikh and Hindu Jats all are same however in different religion.

Actually during mughal period lot of hindus were forcibly converted ot ISLAM. Jats were also one of them, same is with Sikh Jats. Lot of hindus joined guru gobind singh army to fight against Aurangzeb and started keeping long hair and beard. People from different caste joined that army Jats were also one of them.

Not even lot of Rajput, Gujjar, are also Muslim, Sikh and Hindu.

I don't think Jats were ever converted to Islam by force. They converted for their own self interest. In many cases to get support of strong local muslim rulars to settle their rivalries with fellow jats and otherwise. Who can force a jat to submit ?

Rajendra

ramsarya
March 25th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Daer Jitendra: Bisnoi is a sect started by Jambho ji during the Bhakti Movement in the 16th Century in Rajasthan. Jambho ji experienced the draught and famine in Rajasthan ( a usual occurrence in Marusthal) and realized that the effects of draught can be minimized by preserving the trees (mainly khezri/janttti/jhandi that grows in arid regions). That thinking led him to other such preservation needs and finally came up with 29 (Bees + no = Bisnoi) rules and the followers became Bisnois. These are just very simple rules to follow and are not a new religion just like Sai Baba's, BSS and Vyas's etc. Most of the followers were/are Jats as those were the most effected at that time, though there are other castes too. Bisnois do not have a caste system any more though they consider themselves to be above Jats and even Brahmins. Their leaders include Bhajan Lal, ex CM of Haryana, ex Central Agriculkture Minister and present Haryana Congress President.

rajendersingh
March 25th, 2004, 09:51 PM
dear jitendera,
in contnuation to the above posts....

the jats were there much before the islam came into being. there are many references about jats in different works of islam as early during the time of muhammad prophet. there is reference to the effect that once wife of muhammad fell sick and no body was able to cure,it was then that a jat hakim was called to treat her and she was cured by the jat hakim.there is reference about the language of jats e. i.that was hindi and their dress also noticed and described being different than that of arabs. in one of the major battle which prophet fought in karbala,the jats were the vangaurds in the battle.
during the same time there is a reference about jats gaurding the khazana of basara. it is also mentioned that upto that period they were hindus only and could be that later on the conversion started.it is also mentioned that arbabs were introduced to some of indian vegetables like pumpkins,watermelons and the jats main source of milk ..buffallows.

there is a very interesting incident about jats helping muslims against bramins.it was during the time of bin kasim the first muslim invader who came to india. jats were fed up with the bramins of brahamnabad in sindh ,who were the rulers of that area.and when the opportunity came they prefferedthe new religion agaist this bramins. there is lot of reference about on the site which i wrote some time back on this site under the heading ....the history of sindh is history of jats.

there are many reasons for jats to convert from hinduism to other religions. the maximum conversion of jats had been to budhism.. and there are different stories about their coming back to hinduism.

i think there are very solid reasons in history for jats to see the bramins as low as vultures.that is the reasons why we call them by so many names. in our culture they have been adressed as DADA.. the grand father but with a contempt. they could never gain respect of jats.. since jats are very large hearted they still ensured survival of bramins in their villages. but brahamins being very cunning by birth learned to ensure the ultimate distruction of jat till date. the rajput and all other myths about the ruler by birth is their creation. it was all done keeping jat factor in mind.

so all said and done,bramanvad was the sole factor which forced jats to forgave their aryavad and experience different cults ,cultures, regions and religions. it has been a very very long journey.... hindu..budhist .. jain ...muslim..rajput..sikh..bisnoi..christians...and the latest one is all this nirnakari,radhaswami..and what not.
there are at least ten shops in harayan only who are great businessmen, always moving in air ,when on roads, they are in mercedes and lacs of jats go there to do the sharamdan at the cost of leaving their own work at the mercy of god... poor god.....poorest are their famlies.