PDA

View Full Version : INVITES SUGGESTION FOR JATLAND NGO

rameshlakra
April 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
DEAR ALL
it has been a long felt need to have an NGO to help our needy breathens . friends we are the priviledge lot amongst our brothers and its time to repay debt we owe to our soil . There have been ample noises about that and now time and opportunity has come .
without wasting much time , i invite ur attention to the following :
1) we are going to open an account in SBI bank having access to far flung places ) in bahadur garh in the name of JATLAND , suggestion regarding name are welcome

2) i am having little experince in handling NGO , nevetheless my brother is going to help it get register .

3)handling of the fund will be by a panel of member chosen by voting here at jatland . i am requesting nitin to open a thread of this NGO once the account and rest of the formality is in place . subsequently i am goin to open a website /home page of this NGO .

4)Handling of the cheque book and all administrative job would be by mr sunil chhikara ( a jatland memeber) and a copy of balance sheet ( every quarter ) would be pasted here or on website once it is floated .

5) scholarship cheques would be issued by the panels of members.

6) to sum it up it would be a transparent handling and i would personally take all responsibility regarding finances .

# suggestion regading phase 1 ( namely launch of NGO) would be appreciated till end of this month and therafter i am planning to go ahead with account at least , so that contribution can be made without any delay ) #
last but not the least before posting any reply here please do ask ur self whether you are part of the problem or the solution and do go ahead if u are latter . we do not intend end up myopic , so be a part of the revolution for ur younger generation
thank u and happy posting .
take care all u beautiful people .

rameshlakra
April 22nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
dear all
here are some of my views posted on another thread .

http://www.jatland.com/cgi-bin/ub/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=2&TID=4539&SID=109473

for ur convience i am attaching the relevant portion here ....

To talk of the finances , it is zero , and i would be the first contributor by way of setting the infrastructure and getting it registered with the help of some friends and relative . i have no knowledge about an NGO and it is purely out of passion to see jats do well that i am treading this unknown territory . let me see how far can i get though i am pretty sure of budh ji ,s motto " if your means are honest and conscience is clear you can acheive anything ".

But one thing is clear it will be very transparent and free of lobby and politics . It will stick to three member panel from contributor , if they are jatland member,it would make it a lot easy and even audit can be posted on jatland every quarter for all the to see and recommend .

Unfortunately i have not recieved any suggestion till now , but i guess that is justified as people generally are very apprehensive and look for some kind of credential before committing themselves to money matters , despite my efforts to make it pretty clear that it would be transparent . But i am firm in my conviction and may not start with a bang but i do sincerely hope to win the confidence of our brothers and sisters here ;sooner or latter.

regards

rameshlakra
April 23rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
here are some more of my views in reply to the critical analysis posted on another thread ...
my sincere aplogises to u for bearing with me ..........thank u

Probably u may be right in pointing out 90 percent of failure due to incompetancy , lack of info and accountability . i would keep these in mind and keep them at bay .

The approach u suggested is highly remarkable , but not practical for me . i am at a place 900 mile away from epicentre of jats and it may not be possible to meet CM , local leaders and the villagers . what i am looking for is a kind of accountability in fund managing and distributing it to the needy one based on the recommendation of the panel of the board , which can be discussed here on jatland . all this for the start .
let us have an independant body subsequently to decide on future expansion and the role . i believe in doing things one by one and not getting bogged down by looking at the hill .

kapil
April 26th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Ramesh,

Was thinking of starting something on my own steam in my village. However , your idea does appeal.

Can we connect on the phone on this.

Regards
Kapil.

rameshlakra
April 26th, 2004, 10:34 PM
dear kapil ji
please accept my regards for bestowing ur faith on me . i have recieved response from a couple of more good people to form the team of the founding member .

name ...... well ..... i think YUVAJAT is going to be fine , since nobody responded here,and , this arrived after consultation with the interested people and faintly arrived at this . do tell me if u have some better name then this .

i tried locating ur number through ur profile , and since u havent given it there , i could not . i would request , if u can contact me at my office number provided at my profile , it would be nice to know ur ideas . meanwhile a private message or email will do for the innitial exchange of the ideas about NGO , also about ur telephone no , location and expertise . do tell me what do u expect . infact i am about to make a yahoo e group so that everyone knows what is happening around .

thank you once again and eager to hear more from u . take care

anujkadyan
May 2nd, 2004, 01:49 AM
Hey Ramesh just a suggestion..why do u want to attach ur NGO name to JAT.. when u go to a village for some work there will be ppl from other castes as well do u say ok if u r a JAT u can come or else no !! ???

i dont think so .. if u r thinking of serving ppl then why just JATs...

Regards,
Anuj

rameshlakra
May 2nd, 2004, 05:58 PM
thank you and ram ram anuj ji

charity begins at one's own home . The question brought out by u are very valid , i did think about it and it is like this .

You think of ur family , community , region , country and then mankind and its in ascending order , if u think of one and leave another in the chain ,then one has to be magnimious or a mahatma .

i am a simple man and i can only set a goal i can achieve , alas if tommarow i have courage and conviction to think about more , i will . but for the time being this is it , in any case i am not going to through stones at other community if i come across them .

The main mission is to give scholarships to the needy jat meritorious student . there are hundread of scholarship grants floating around which are on caste , region etc , so i dont have to really get into the situation u have feared .

if u look at the statics of the villages ,u would find the jats are most backword in terms of education ,beating even sc/st's . so it is fully justified to look at the weakest of all to give an economical suport .

following are some more name for it ...

JDA ...jats development association
JED ....jats education development
JEG ...jats education grant
jatyuva
EJATS ... EDUCATION JATS

do send me suggestion regarding the same reallly soon . this part is really behind the schedule .

thanks for putting ur thought into it . please do so in the future too .

regards

manas
May 2nd, 2004, 10:52 PM

devdahiya
February 26th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Bhai Ramesh let us make a humble beginning. Do mail me your concrete idea.
I am with you.