PDA

View Full Version : Amita Paul Quit civil service for social work

ishwarlamba
April 21st, 2004, 04:57 AM
Jats are 99% from villages. Most of the time we claim, only we know the problems. Unfortunately only a few of us are giving our heart to our beloved villages. Our mind only is working for our elders, brothers and sisters in villages.
It is not that we do not have time. Most (not all) of our serving and even retired milltary and civil services are only interested in petty politics.

Mrs Amita Paul, brought up in the Chandigarh, a civil services executive and wife of police commissioner of Delhi has donated her life to the villages in Gurgaon district.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040421/edit.htm#7

nitiz
April 21st, 2004, 11:23 AM
Hello!!

Every one....

This lady has left service some time back.....more over these are just tactics due to build good image in society.....she is wife of K K Paul and This man is most corrupt official delhi police ever had.....they have House in plump location in gurgaon and his son is earning like any things ...due to illegal means..
I don't have any good words for this lady...
I want to you to be some what judgemental before copy paste these things from newspaper

Any way Regards
Niti

ishwarlamba
April 21st, 2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks Niti Ji,
I am 14,000 Kilometers from Indian shores here in Australia.
It is good you gave the real picture.
In past also I made these mistakes.
Regards
Ishwar Lamba

This lady has left service some time back.....more over these are just tactics due to build good image in society.....she is wife of K K Paul and This man is most corrupt official delhi police ever had.....they have House in plump location in gurgaon and his son is earning like any things ...due to illegal means..
I don't have any good words for this lady...
I want to you to be some what judgemental before copy paste these things from newspaper

Any way Regards
Niti[/quote]

jagmohan
April 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM
Ishwar Ji and Niti Ji,

Namaskar,

I read the article in The Tribune and your comments too. As always I have different views. Let me clarify that I hold no brief for whoever this Mrs Paul is. What I want to say is something very basic.

Who is corrupt and who is not is a very difficult question to answer, more so when the very basis of defining corruption has undergone a change. Earlier one bribed to get a wrong thing done and now you bribe even for getting what should have happened automatically. What is corruption for one may be a privilage for others. And in any case we all know how corrupt the society is and our contribution towards the same.

The fact that a civil servant has chosen to do some good for rural people, even if it be to gain publicity, political mileage or even 'Kamao Punya' or whatever, should be appreciated. She is better than those who just talk (me included). And if her whole family is corrupt then they are the right people to give back some of the ill earned wealth to the poor villagers and if they are corrupt and also influential then this is the right combination to run a very successful venture which may be called a NGO.

If all corrupt and influential people/families adopt one village each of my country, I assure you our villages will benefit. So my appeal to all who read this post is to request the most corrupt to adopt one village each and 'Go to Heaven'.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

anilkc
April 21st, 2004, 09:22 PM
Why is corrupt husband = corrupt wife ?

Just my observation:
Corrupt ppl are smarter:
They control everything in ur life and all u can do is murmer that they are corrupt. (=Angoor khatte hain)

nitiz
April 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Namaste Lt Col JI....

I Think you are greatly impressed by nobleman (Legend) Robin Hood...who used to rob Rich and then share it with poor....!!!
But sir,...Here its different scenrio he and his wife being public servant bring his department a bad name and the public a bad time.I am writing this because I know many people who this person has demanded bribes from to do work which should be his duty . Whatsay people ? What's more a case is now pending against him in the high court because the investigating officer in a criminal case publicly testifies that Mr.Paul had tried to influence him to carry his investigations "only in a particular direction".And that's not all , his sons run factories and change businesses after every 2-3 years when they dont take off.One wonders where the money for such activities comes from ? ?
Regards
Niti

arjun
April 22nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with Nitiji, corruption is corruption. People in our country get away with it because there is not accountability, and the public at large has come to accept it as a necessary evil. We have become so comfortably numb to this aspect, that when we move out of the country we realise that there is a life without corruption, and it works just fine.
Iam from the millions of armchair experts who do nothing but air their views, but there is very little we can do sitting thousands of miles away.......

rkumar
April 22nd, 2004, 01:05 PM
anil chaudhary (Apr 21, 2004 11:52 a.m.):
Why is corrupt husband = corrupt wife ?

Just my observation:
Corrupt ppl are smarter:
They control everything in ur life and all u can do is murmer that they are corrupt. (=Angoor khatte hain)

This reminds me of a particular community who usedf to say that make money even at the cost of reputation as reputation can be bought back by money....

Mr Paul being a public servent and then taking bribes (as per Niti), can not be trusted. How can he be good to the very community from whome he made all his ill money by takintg advantage of their problems most of the time and selling favours to those who could bid for his price and therby denying to those who deserved... Let us not bestow greatness upon such people.

Rajendra

jagmohan
April 22nd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Niti Ji,

Namaskar,

If you read my previous mail once again you would realise that I am saying exactly what you are saying. Why should you wonder as to where the son of a police commissioner gets his money from? We all know from where this comes.

You have commented 'spot on' on corruption and I have said the same thing but in a different manner. Yes, people take bribes to do what is their duty. Why? Because we are one of the most corrupt society in the world. And this is not a news but fact.

What I said in my earlier post was to encourage the corrupt to somehow believe that by their charity work they would go to heaven, their corrupt families in tow. As long as they get rid of their ill gotten wealth for any cause that can wipe the tear of poorest of the poor, it is fine by me.

And who doesn't like Robin Hood? People like 'Robin Hood' and 'Harphool JAT Julane wala' will always be liked. And people like whoever these Pauls are would be forgotten 7 or 13 days after they are gone from this world.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)