PDA

View Full Version : Ghandi ???

anilkc
May 22nd, 2004, 12:25 AM
I dont know how many viewers in US took note of it. Americans can be pardoned for not pronouncing the indian names correctly but spelling it wrong...god help america. On CNN, cnbc and many news chnls I saw it spelled sonia Ghandi. If the most well known indian last name in the world can be spelled incorrectly by the most well known news channels, u can guess the education level of americans and their quality and accuracy of news.

birbal
May 22nd, 2004, 12:56 AM
USA is the most paadoxial country in a way. It is the most technologically advanced country, has the best institutes of higher education in the world, leader in the research in most fields, and of course, most powerful country in the world. At the same time a typical American (including well educated people) can be truly described as ignorant of rest of the world. Illiteracy and innumeracy are widespread despite availibility of well equipped schools. There is one Canadian television show called "This Hour Has Twentytwo Minutes", and one of their usual segment is to go to USA (segments have included interviews at Harvard and UC Berkeley, and Governor of Arkansas) and ask some ridiculous questions about Canada and answers show how ignorant Americans are. Just before the 2000 Presidential Elections, they asked George W. Bush (when he was in Detroit, just across the river from Windsor, Canada) that do you know John Putin (fictitious name), the Canadian Prime Minister, and Bush said with a smile, "of course, he is a good friend of mine".

But, let us agree that they have created a system where they can attract the best brains of the world and maintain their edge despite a population that is getting dumber by the day. Even now there are enough Americans who believe Sadam Hussain had some thing to do with 9/11. Of course, the search for WMD has become a great joke everywhere except USA.

anujkadyan
May 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Recently while discussing few things with one of my friends he brought forth a point.. I dont know how far its true.. he said he read it somewhere.. May be someone on this site can answer it better..
He said that America is mainly controlled by Jews.. all major news/media and other big industries are under the control of Jews..and they actually run the show in US.

If the GOvt doesnt oblige them then they pull out things from the past of the Guy and destroys his political career.
He also said that the 9/11 thing was also done by Israel's and Pentagon knew about it.?

Can someone tell how far is this true and how much is the influence of this.

anilkc
May 23rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
There is no doubt that jews control much of what happens in USA. Financially they are the richest community and thats how they control politicians. 9/11 being actually done or planned by Israel is false, but every one knows how everyone "failed to connect the dots".

jagmohan
May 24th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Dear All,

Last December I was travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train. I met a very confident girl in her late 20s who seemed to be interested in sports. As we got talking I learnt that she is the daughter of a Saudi Arabian father and an Indian mother. She had run away from home when she was 16 and lived in New York and survived. Presently she is a Post Graduate in Sports Nutrition from UK and trying to establish herself in India. Since my son is an amateur golfer I was more interested in talking to her about sports.

We discussed on various issues including the rights of women in Saudi Arabia and obviously the topic of 9/11 also came up. She told me in no uncertain terms that 9/11 is the handiwork of the US Establishment. She was too convinced about this fact to be argued with. Anyway God only knows the truth but people around the world have started doubting the whole episode and its short term implications and long term strategy.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

rkumar
May 24th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I have worked for an American firm for six years and I can not agree more how dumb an average american can be. Most of them have no clue which are the countries beyond Italy. Once my company sent a letter where New Delhi was followed by Turkey as the name of the country. ...Thank God postal system in world is still good that the letter found its way to New Delhi...

As far as attracting the brain is concerned, its like attracting the capital. Till they offer good returns on capital, they will get it in the form of best brains. However, once politicians start playing dirty, its a matter of time before this barin capital will fly away with all its dividends like honey bees fly away with honey..
Word is moving through very uncertain phases and anything can happen anytime..so be on watch and don't put all your eggs in american basket...

Rajendra