PDA

View Full Version : Appeal of Capt. Kalia's father

ganeshjat
June 30th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Today I received this mail , i dont know it is true or not.

Appeal of Capt. Kalia's father to all Indian Citizens

Letters to Shri: A.B.Vajpayee | Nawaz Sharif | K.R.
Narayanan, V.P. Malik,
George Fernandes=23
Letter to Editor=23
APPEAL TO THE CITIZENS OF INDIA
Sign Letter of Support
Appeal to All Citizens of India
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am proud father of Amar Shaheed Lt. Saurabh
Kalia of 4 JAT Regiment of the Indian Army who laid down his life at
the
prime age of 22 for the Nation while doing duty of guarding the
frontiers at
Kargil. The parents, the Indian Army but the whole nation lost a
dedicated, honest and brave son. He was the first officer to detect and
inform Pak
intrusion. Pakistan captured him and his patrol party of 5 brave men
alive on 15th May, 99 from our side of LOC. They were in
their captivity for 3 weeks and subjected to unprecedented brutal
torture as
evident from their bodies handed over by Pakistan Army on 9th June,
99.They
indulged in dastardly acts of burning bodies with cigarettes, piercing
ears with hot rods, removing eyes before puncturing them, breaking most
of
the bones and teeth, chopping off various limbs and private organs of
these soldiers besides inflicting unimaginable physical and mental
tortures. They were shot dead ultimately. (A detailed post-mortem
is with the
Indian Army) This continued for about 22 days. Pakistan dared to
humiliate India this way flouting all international norms. To what an
extreme humanity can be degraded, Pakistan provided an example.
However,the
Indian soldiers did not break while undergoing all this unlimited
barbarism.
This speaks volumes of their patriotism, grit, determination, tenacity
and
valour and the whole nation should be proud of them. All over the
country
there is unprecedented anger and outrage at this tragedy.
Sacrificing oneself for the nation is an honour every soldier
would love to do but no parents, army or nation can accept what
happened
to
these brave sons of India. I am afraid every parent would think twice
to
send their wards in the armed forces if we all fall short of our duty
of
safeguarding the PRISONERS OF WAR AND LET THEM MEET THE FATE
OF LT. SAURABH KALIA. It may also send a demoralising signal to the
Army
personnel fighting for the Nation that our POWs in Pak cannot be taken
care of.
It is a matter of shame and disgust that most of Indian
Human Rights Organisations by and large, showed apathy in this matter.
Through this humble submission, may I appeal to all the civilised
people
irrespective of
colour, caste, region, religion and political lineage to stir their
conscience and rise to take
this as a NATIONAL ISSUE? International Human Rights Organisations must
be approached
to expose and pressurise Pakistan to identify, book and punish all
those
who
perpetrated this heinous crime to our men in uniform.
If Pakistan is allowed to go unpunished in this case, everyone can
imagine the
consequences. This is the list of 5 other soldiers who preferred to die
for the country
rather than open their mouths in front of enemy.
1. Sep. Arjun Ram s/o Sh. Chokka Ram; Village & PO Gudi. Teh. & Dist.
Nagaur (Rajasthan)
2. Sep. Bhanwar Lal Bagaria h/o Smt. Santosh Devi;
Village Sivelara;
Teh. & Dist. Sikar (Rajasthan)
3. Sep. Bhikaram h/o Smt. Bhawri Devi; Village Patasar;
Teh. Pachpatva;
Distt. Barmer (Rajasthan)
4. Sep. Moola Ram h/o Smt. Rameshwari Devi; Village
Katori; Teh. Jayal;
Dist. Nagaur (Rajasthan)
5. Sep. Naresh Singh h/o Smt. Kalpana Devi; Village
Chhoti Tallam; Teh.
Iglab; Dist. Aligarh (UP)

Yours truly,
Dr. N.K. Kalia
Saurabh Nagar,
Palampur-176061
Himachal Pradesh
Tel: +91 (01894) 32065

neena009
July 1st, 2004, 01:58 AM
have u called up at the given telephone no. to find out the truth?

mbamal
July 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
It does not matter weather this appeal is a geniune one or a hoax..for these young and brave soldiers are expendable for India and most likely remain so in future as long as india is run by these 75 year old dhoti walas who are so weak that they could barely walk. This is not an isolated incident. Similar incident took place at bangladesh border when several indian soldiers were brutally murdered by Bangladeshi rifles (BDR) and their badly mutilated bodies were returned after few days. India could only lodge a meek diplomatic protest with bangadeshi diplomats. Death of 1 american soldier is widely reported in the press worldwide. Death of countless indian soldiers could not find a mention even in the national dailes. This is the way these brave,young soldiers are treated in our country! I hope that members of this forum could come up with some idea on how can we all help in this particular case.

cooljat
July 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM
Dear Ganesh Bhai,
This is 100% absolute truth brother.
When I read ur posting everything came in my mind like flashback and now I can recall that news which published in Danik Bhaskar (Hindi news paper) in way back when kargil war was on. This news was somewhere on headlines as u know that three of the martyrs in the incident was from Rajasthan.
U know what, I couldn’t sleep well yesterday when I read ur posting all night I was thinking & wondering about how could a man can be so unhuman & so cruel & what punishment should be given to those beasts for this inhuman & brutal act.
Same thing happened when this news appeared in the paper in 1999 I was shocked & couldn’t sleep all night then and became upset for a week & so.

What do I say now, we should come forward & provide sympathy in this grief & help sucha proud father & families of sucha brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the nation.
I salute all of them & thinking to meet Dr. Kaliya in person and also forwarding this mail to all of my acquaintances.

Again salutations for those bravest martyrs of 4th Jat Regiment!!

Affectionately,
Jit.
Jaipur.

jagmohan
July 2nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
Dear All,

This issue being very close to my heart must be addressed. But I must be neutral and not be overcome by sentiments while doing so. What I write may not be liked or understood by all. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and so am I.

Please remember that whatever appears in the media, especially the print media, is not the gospel truth. Please see the story of 'Torture of Brave Soldiers of 4 JAT' in that light. If you all remember the press coverage during the Kargil War correctly, the news of Pakistanis torture of Indian Soldiers and Indian Soldiers honouring the dead Pakistani soldiers came out in the media almost together. All those who can put two and two together would understand.

But if the torture of Indian Soldiers was 100% true then there is another truth which is 200% correct. Few Paki soldiers, captured alive in Kargil, were publically hung or beheaded by a sentimantally overcome Colonel after he heard the news of Paki torture of Indian soldiers. There are certain facts that are stranger than fiction. Please react the way you want to but please spare me the 'Human Rights' argument.

The truth about why and how Kargil happened would be out one day and hopefully the youngsters on JATLAND will know it in their lifetime. Though the then NDA Government claimed it as the greatest victory in our nation's history, the fact remains that it was a matter of shame as to how the Pakistanis were allowed to come and occupy such a large chunk of our territory. These 'Dhotiwalas' and 'Spineless Generals' gave this Kargil conflict enough spin to ensure electoral victory. This does not demean the ultimate sacrifice of brave young officers and Soldiers of the Indian Army. Too many good men died for the folly of too few. Some brave, upright and brilliant officers resigned from the Army after doing their bit in the Kargil Victory. One of them is a very close friend of mine who won a VIR CHAKRA for capturing TOLOLING, without the capture of which TIGER HILL would not have fallen. He lost four Officers out of eight who went in for final assault. Had he not resigned from the Army he would have retired at least as a Major General. I can't tell you the reasons of his resignation.

Let us not focus too much on Kargil just because this was the first telivised conflict in our country. There are still 50 odd Indian Prisoners of War in Paki jails. What has the so called 'Nuclear Power', 'Emerging Tiger' and the next 'Super Power' done about it? Nothing. Why? Because we are a weak nation. Had JATLAND been an Independent country, we would have invaded Pakistan and brought back our heros home.

And why should Bangladesh respect your soldiers when our own countrymen don't do so? The respect a common soldier gets in this country should be seen on the railway platform, police stations, telephone office, revenue offices and all 'Sarkari Daftars'. Let me repeat what I had earlier written on this site:

OUR GODS AND SOLDIERS
WE ALIKE ADORE,
EVEN AT THE BRINK OF DANGER
NOT BEFORE.

AFTER DELIVERANCE, BOTH ALIKE
REQUITED,
OUR GODS FORGOTTEN, AND OUR
SOLDIERS SLIGHTED.

It is only the 'Regimental Spirit' and 'Izzat' of the forefathers that still motivates a soldier for the supreme sacrifice. Sadly he doesn't fight for the country per se but for the 'NAAM', 'NAMAK' and 'NISHAN'.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)

biotechs2001
July 2nd, 2004, 02:26 PM
http://specials.rediff.com/news/2004/jun/07karg1.htm

cooljat
July 5th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Respected Colonel Uncle,
Ur facts r indeed eye-opening yet heart-touching.
I do agree that our ppl tend to forget the supreme sacrifice of the real sons of mother India. They think soldiers r nothing but madcap to sacrifice their lives in vein but I wonder why those poor imprudent ppl don’t understand a simple fact that they’re living their peaceful easy life in their comfortable homes just due to these courageous hardmen.

I recently watched couple of movies that opens up some of real eye-opening facts about our society & I become quite dazed & dejected to know it.
Here’re the movies-
1. DHOOP: - directed by fellow Jatland member Mr. Ashwini Choudhary. I guess most of ppl here would have watched it. It’s a great movie which gives a lesson how does proud father of a martyr get treated in our corrupted society but in last due to his never say die attitude he get succeeds in his endeavor to make his dream come true. I give 4.5 stars to it.
2. LAKSHYA: - no nonsense movie directed by a young director Farhan. It’s good see for today’s ABCD (American born confused desi) generation, gives good lesson. But notable thing in the movie as par Colonel Uncleji that it is the name of the regiment which inspires soldiers for supreme sacrifice.
3. DEEWAR: - although this movie is a bit masala movie but the thing that strikes most is the torturing of the war prisoners. It’s quite sadden to feel how brutally & inhumanly our heroes would have been treated and more embracing fact is this, that no one in our government is thinking to get them back.

Thus I believe that our nation is indeed poor as we don’t even know to respecting the real heroes. But a few good ppl like all the Jatland community are always be there to help them.
In last, I salute all the brave soldiers who stand tall from first to last for our nation!!

One more thing do u ppl remember the advertisement being aired in various channels about the soldiers in siyachin glaciers, whattta great ad it was, a must see!

Rush, g2g now,

Rock on,
Jit

Lt Col Jagmohan Malik (Retd) (Jul 02, 2004 12:38 a.m.):
Dear All,

This issue being very close to my heart must be addressed. But I must be neutral and not be overcome by sentiments while doing so. What I write may not be liked or understood by all. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and so am I.

Please remember that whatever appears in the media, especially the print media, is not the gospel truth. Please see the story of 'Torture of Brave Soldiers of 4 JAT' in that light. If you all remember the press coverage during the Kargil War correctly, the news of Pakistanis torture of Indian Soldiers and Indian Soldiers honouring the dead Pakistani soldiers came out in the media almost together. All those who can put two and two together would understand.

But if the torture of Indian Soldiers was 100% true then there is another truth which is 200% correct. Few Paki soldiers, captured alive in Kargil, were publically hung or beheaded by a sentimantally overcome Colonel after he heard the news of Paki torture of Indian soldiers. There are certain facts that are stranger than fiction. Please react the way you want to but please spare me the 'Human Rights' argument.

The truth about why and how Kargil happened would be out one day and hopefully the youngsters on JATLAND will know it in their lifetime. Though the then NDA Government claimed it as the greatest victory in our nation's history, the fact remains that it was a matter of shame as to how the Pakistanis were allowed to come and occupy such a large chunk of our territory. These 'Dhotiwalas' and 'Spineless Generals' gave this Kargil conflict enough spin to ensure electoral victory. This does not demean the ultimate sacrifice of brave young officers and Soldiers of the Indian Army. Too many good men died for the folly of too few. Some brave, upright and brilliant officers resigned from the Army after doing their bit in the Kargil Victory. One of them is a very close friend of mine who won a VIR CHAKRA for capturing TOLOLING, without the capture of which TIGER HILL would not have fallen. He lost four Officers out of eight who went in for final assault. Had he not resigned from the Army he would have retired at least as a Major General. I can't tell you the reasons of his resignation.

Let us not focus too much on Kargil just because this was the first telivised conflict in our country. There are still 50 odd Indian Prisoners of War in Paki jails. What has the so called 'Nuclear Power', 'Emerging Tiger' and the next 'Super Power' done about it? Nothing. Why? Because we are a weak nation. Had JATLAND been an Independent country, we would have invaded Pakistan and brought back our heros home.

And why should Bangladesh respect your soldiers when our own countrymen don't do so? The respect a common soldier gets in this country should be seen on the railway platform, police stations, telephone office, revenue offices and all 'Sarkari Daftars'. Let me repeat what I had earlier written on this site:

OUR GODS AND SOLDIERS
WE ALIKE ADORE,
EVEN AT THE BRINK OF DANGER
NOT BEFORE.

AFTER DELIVERANCE, BOTH ALIKE
REQUITED,
OUR GODS FORGOTTEN, AND OUR
SOLDIERS SLIGHTED.

It is only the 'Regimental Spirit' and 'Izzat' of the forefathers that still motivates a soldier for the supreme sacrifice. Sadly he doesn't fight for the country per se but for the 'NAAM', 'NAMAK' and 'NISHAN'.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)