PDA

View Full Version : TOI- "Jats are frocious and UNCIVILISED"

navingulia
July 16th, 2004, 10:28 AM
This is not a joke. It is a statement I read in the 'Times of India' today 16th July. Please read the article in the "Gurgaon Reckoner" a supplement magazine of TOI circulate today with the news paper.

Mr. Lalit Mohan in todays supplement magazine "Gurgaon Reckoner"(TOI) begins with historical introduction of Gurgaon and region beyond says "the area is predominantly made up of two tribes, the Jauts (jat) and Rungurs (muslim jats). Both the tribes are ferocious and uncivilised" . He has the audacity to use the present tense in making his statement.
He has also said that Jats never accepted the authority of any king, which we agree to. But does it make them uncivilised? The fact is that they were the only ones with the guts and courage to oppose. These spineless people will do some good for themselves if they borrow some courage from Jats.
My main point of objection are the words "are uncivilised"

Is there anyone here who can register a social/official complaint with Times of India.

ps-they could never have got away with such a statement for any other religious or social group.

rksehrawat
July 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Navinji,

Tell me any non-jat who is not jealous of jats. They have nothing else to say but to criticize us in this manner only. Poor Mohan may not be having any jat as friend or enemy, otherwise wouldn't have used such words. There is a saying : "burai karne se jiski burai ki jaati hai uski, umar badhati hai or achhai hoti hai." Therefore, such criticism is indicative of the fact that jats have a flourishing future ahead of them. In this context, I reiterate my earlier statement in some other thread that "harm to jats can be done only by jats themselves, nobody else have the guts.