PDA

View Full Version : Jats and Muslims

rajoura
July 24th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Hi

I would like to mention some important facts about Jats and their relations with Muslims. As I am history sutdent and keep on looking for more and more information about Jats. Recently I was reading Pakistan History and got to know some important facts about Jats. One of them is that Jats are higly rated and respected among Muslims in Pakistan. They were the first group from Pakistan to accept Islam. Please find hereunder some of the lines copied from the Internet

(According to a 'Hadis', Hazrat Abdulla Bin Masood, a companion Prophet saw some strangers with the Prophet and said that their features and physique were like those of Jats.11 This means that Jats we in Arabia even during the Prophet's time. Hazrat Imam Bukhari (d. 875 A.D. - 256 A.H.) writing about the period of the Companions in his book "Al adab al Mufarrad" has stated that once when Hazrat Aisha (Prophet's wife) fell ill, her nephews brought a Jat doctor for her treatment. We hear of them next when the Arab armies clashed with the Persian forces which comprised of Jat soldiers as well. The Persian Command Hurmuz used Jat soldiers against Khalid Bin Walid in the battle of 'salasal' of 634 A.D. (12 hijri). This vvas the first time that Jats were captured by the Arabs. They put forward certain conditions for joining the Arab armies which were accepted, and on embracing Islam they were associated with different Arab tribes.12 This event proves that the first group of Pakistanis to accept Islam were Jats who did it as early as 12 hijri (634 A.D.) in the time of Hazrat Omar)

I stil believe we should improve our relations with Muslims in India and than we may trun up as a major political force in Noethern India. And infact in India lots of Muslims are Jats and they put Chowdhry after their name.

For more information click on the link:

http://www.geocities.com/pak_history/Sindh.html

Regards

Sanjeev

devendrasorot
July 26th, 2004, 01:49 PM
very nice information. Tanks