PDA

View Full Version : The Interpretation of dreams - According to you / Have read Sigmund Freud , please don't suggest

dayvraj
July 30th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Dreams

What are they ??

Are they just residual electric signals in our brain which come into play when we are asleep ?

Or do they reflect our hidden desires and mind states ?

Or worse, are they premonitions of our future ?

Do recerruring dreams have any significance ?

I always had these recurring dreams. First one showed me as speeding on a fly-over (bridge) on my motorbike. (For Dilliwallahs, it is the Andrews Gunj Flyover). I keep accelerating, and climbing higher and higher on the bridge. I feel the wind rushing thro' my hair. The side walls are a blurred, grey streak. My speed increases. The moment I reach the top of the bridge, I just find that there is nothing in front of me. The other half of the bridge is missing, and I just plunge into darkness. At this time, I wake up with a gasp.

The other recurring dream shows me as trying to climb on a moving train. I catch the train just as it is about to leave the platform (Indian train). I am on the stairs, holding the bars. I try to climb up but I keep slipping. I look down and see th ground rushing beneath. Almost all the times, I wake up before I can get inside the train.

Last night, I saw a dream that I am sitting in a theatre watching a movie. My whole dream involved the movie. It was a great story and had a chilling climax. I woke up after the movie was over.

So, anyone knows what these dreams mean ?

shobhitdeshwal
July 31st, 2004, 10:58 AM
Well, devraj !!
I hope you are a very imaginative person, I am not sure about others' dreams but in your case i can surely say that they reflect your hidden desires. As you once told the story about your going abroad and your fight wid your girlfriend may be you have not recovered from the trauma yet and want to get close to that lady, this is why you always see those scampering images in your head when you are asleep.
Again this is my personal view may be scientific view is different..
enjoy,
Shobhit Deshwal.

sonalisingh
July 31st, 2004, 11:55 AM
I wrote a paper on dreams as an undergrad for one of my optional
psychology courses I was taking as an undergrad while doing engineering.
Its a fascinating subject, no doubt.

Bottom line is that there is nothing conclusive that exists
in the literature. The different schools of psychology
that exist (Freudian (psychoanalytic), behaviorism, humanistc,
congitive, and the fifth one neuro (?)) propagate their own
interpretations. At the end of the day no one is any wiser.

If you are seriously interested, the internet probably has
a wealth of information. But what you'll find is that your guess is
asw good as anyone elses.

[quote]Dayvraj (Jul 30, 2004 11:56 a.m.):
Dreams

What are they ??

sonalisingh
July 31st, 2004, 12:08 PM
Yaar Deyvu, if you don't mind...please remove that signature regarding the smoking/piss.
Was okay for first time read, but it gives a yucky feeling every time your post comes up.
Please find something more pleasing.

Just as an incentive, here is a cool quote I recently read:

"Mon ami, the graveyards are full of indispensable men"

ugehlot
July 31st, 2004, 12:50 PM
no offense.....go and see a psychiatrist..........

shobhitdeshwal
July 31st, 2004, 01:09 PM
Sonali Singh (Jul 31, 2004 02:38 a.m.):

Yup Devraj,
You can even try this one "A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.It makes the hand bleed that uses it"

dayvraj
August 3rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
Yaar Deyvu, if you don't mind...please remove that signature regarding the smoking/piss.
Was okay for first time read, but it gives a yucky feeling every time your post comes up.
Please find something more pleasing.
Just as an incentive, here is a cool quote I recently read:

Objection Overruled :P

virenderk
August 3rd, 2004, 06:57 PM
Bhai Bilutaneey lathee daat or baat sun.. jab gadadd ki maran chad ja to usne bhi isse isse sapney dikhey karen.
Just a coincidence.yeah kisi rahee

Dayvraj (Jul 30, 2004 11:56 a.m.):
Dreams

What are they ??

Are they just residual electric signals in our brain which come into play when we are asleep ?

Or do they reflect our hidden desires and mind states ?

Or worse, are they premonitions of our future ?

Do recerruring dreams have any significance ?

I always had these recurring dreams. First one showed me as speeding on a fly-over (bridge) on my motorbike. (For Dilliwallahs, it is the Andrews Gunj Flyover). I keep accelerating, and climbing higher and higher on the bridge. I feel the wind rushing thro' my hair. The side walls are a blurred, grey streak. My speed increases. The moment I reach the top of the bridge, I just find that there is nothing in front of me. The other half of the bridge is missing, and I just plunge into darkness. At this time, I wake up with a gasp.

The other recurring dream shows me as trying to climb on a moving train. I catch the train just as it is about to leave the platform (Indian train). I am on the stairs, holding the bars. I try to climb up but I keep slipping. I look down and see th ground rushing beneath. Almost all the times, I wake up before I can get inside the train.

Last night, I saw a dream that I am sitting in a theatre watching a movie. My whole dream involved the movie. It was a great story and had a chilling climax. I woke up after the movie was over.

So, anyone knows what these dreams mean ?