PDA

View Full Version : Law

manu20
August 4th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Lawyers (USA only):

1.What type of lawyer are you?
2.What type of law school did you attend (public, private or ivy league)?
3.What degrees do you hold?
4.Why did you decide to go to law school and become a lawyer?
4a.What were your objectives by going to law school? Do you want to join another profession in the future (i.e. politics)?
5.Do you face racism because your an Indian lawyer? If so, does this affect your work? How do you handle it?

Please feel free to add anything else...

dayvraj
August 4th, 2004, 06:17 PM
A more meaningful and worth clicking and befitting title would have been

The F.A.Q's about US Law.

*Reminds himself - Jaat kabhi nahin sudhar sakte*

BUddy couldn't think of a better way to push your thread up except through nitpicking.

Dekh tereko Sonali say reply chaahyeah mujhe pataa hai , pur vishwaas kar mera , jub tak kissee thread may mai reply naa kar lun hore voh usko naa paRh lay tab tak uskaa kuch bhee post karne kaa mun nahin kartaa us taagay may .

Chal ib jaa cheque bhej day .

* Dayvy wonders in his mind - pataa naa samjhaa kee naa samjhaa aakhree layn kaa matbal *

sonalisingh
August 5th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Yaar Manu: These are not really the questions I would have expected. So I'll answer briefly:

1. IP
2. The law school ranking are very important for one's law career. So should try to get in the most highly ranked one.
3. For law school admissions an undergard is sufficient. For IP fields in elec/mech/comp sc. an undergard suffices. Always nice to have an advanced degree in one of these fields. For life sciences, usually a PhD is required.
4. Yaar that's way too long. Munn kiya. Paisa accha laga. Shaan. Izzat. Take your pick.
4a. Same as 4. Didn't want to do Eng. Like words. So melded the two. Like politics...but unlikely will ever take the plunge. Just plan to enjoy my money and take it easy.
5. Haan. Less in IP. But no different that other areas. Will see how thing are when I come up for Partnerships. If nothing else, I'll sleep my way up. (Relax Yaar. Aise he phenk rahee hoon).

Sorry to be so brief and abrupt. Was expecting more specific and non personal questions, but had to responded since I had promised to.
Just came back from a late night dinner. And just dead tired.

Probably won't respond to any followups.....

Manu (Aug 04, 2004 02:40 a.m.):
Lawyers (USA only):

1.What type of lawyer are you?
2.What type of law school did you attend (public, private or ivy league)?
3.What degrees do you hold?
4.Why did you decide to go to law school and become a lawyer?
4a.What were your objectives by going to law school? Do you want to join another profession in the future (i.e. politics)?
5.Do you face racism because your an Indian lawyer? If so, does this affect your work? How do you handle it?

Please feel free to add anything else...

manu20
August 6th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Dayvraj (Aug 04, 2004 08:47 a.m.):
A more meaningful and worth clicking and befitting title would have been

The F.A.Q's about US Law.

*Reminds himself - Jaat kabhi nahin sudhar sakte*

BUddy couldn't think of a better way to push your thread up except through nitpicking.

Dekh tereko Sonali say reply chaahyeah mujhe pataa hai , pur vishwaas kar mera , jub tak kissee thread may mai reply naa kar lun hore voh usko naa paRh lay tab tak uskaa kuch bhee post karne kaa mun nahin kartaa us taagay may .

Chal ib jaa cheque bhej day .

* Dayvy wonders in his mind - pataa naa samjhaa kee naa samjhaa aakhree layn kaa matbal *

As Manoj Kumar Mahala said:
"As Manu give example matromonial post of DAYVY proves that DAYVY must visit psychlogist or he is very frustated from his failure in qualifying any competitive exmas like JEE"

take your medicine, bro. you need it...

dayvraj
August 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Champagne for Everybody .

Prozac for Dayvy .