PDA

View Full Version : Do jats only respond to provocation???

chaudharani
August 8th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Lets look at the topics posted and the response profiles each of them generate--- the ones that provoke/piss people off are the ones with maximal replies.....
Food for thought?

bnashier
August 8th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Dear Anu:

Well, logically and even emotionally (a rare feat), it would make sense that people respond more to subjects which provoke them (piss them off in your language). This is simply a human nature and should not be any surprise.

Anu Chaudhary (Aug 07, 2004 02:32 p.m.):
Lets look at the topics posted and the response profiles each of them generate--- the ones that provoke/piss people off are the ones with maximal replies.....
Food for thought?

chaudharani
August 8th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Dear Budh,
I think most people respond to things they have something to say to......a lot of people dont seem to respond to provocative comments -- unless it hits home somewhere.....

i was just amazed at home many people in the general talk sessions respond to things they have nothing really contribute to--- but feel provoked and compelled to reply to...

navingulia
August 8th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Anu Jee

Firstly, Strong reactions come naturally to Jats, its in their Genes.
Secondly, even a single person always has conflicts within himself. So, when there are so many of us on this forum, its only natural to have all sort of reactions, agreements, disagreements, conflicts.....
Disagreements are also part of the harmony we exist in.
Its like they say "we agree to disagree on points" :-)
Regards
Navin

anujkumar
August 9th, 2004, 12:44 PM
yes.. zhota, bizar.. sur provocation tai he to respond karai

only to nahee.. pyar tai bhee respond kurte hai..

shobhitdeshwal
August 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
hi!
Not only provocative threads get answers, it seems you have not yet gone through every section of the site. You will find many nice, simple and unprovocative topics getting maximum answers. And if at all you think that jats only respond to provocation, you are wrong you must have put it in this way- Jats respond BEST to provocation.
enjoy,
Shobhit Deshwal.

jatrix
August 9th, 2004, 03:15 PM
i fully agree wid shobhit...
jats r pretty good at accepting nice n casual remarks with all the hospitality.... but it is the provoking statements that they reply best.... n more logically it's the jats who respond to the provocations the best....
hey mind u all..... these all statements though look confusing n similar but mean a lot different...!!
jatrix

shobhit Deshwal (Aug 09, 2004 05:07 a.m.):
hi!
Not only provocative threads get answers, it seems you have not yet gone through every section of the site. You will find many nice, simple and unprovocative topics getting maximum answers. And if at all you think that jats only respond to provocation, you are wrong you must have put it in this way- Jats respond BEST to provocation.
enjoy,
Shobhit Deshwal.

birbal
August 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Col. Cunningham had written in his book on Castes in India (1847 or so) that "it is not a good idea to fight with a Jat because somehow he does not understand he has been defeated."

akhil
August 10th, 2004, 12:48 AM
...I think it is basic human nature...(and maybe more pronounced in Jats) to respond or 'put in their two cents' into a possible controversial topic. The constant popularity of a post too in a way forces one by default to take part in the discussion and not be left out of the latest 'hot topic'...

On a seperate note; If you also noticed sometimes the topics by themselves are pretty innocent and not provocative,...but the responses suddenly start to take a tone of their own and become more and more controversial with every post, so much so that the original point is lost and it becomes a downright mud-slinging match.

Why?...simple enough- The web is a very powerful tool and provides a lot of confidence to individuals who would never behave or imagine being rude in a real one-o-one conversation...but simply put, feel empowered by sitting behind the safety of a screen! The complete lack of fear of ever being confronted is so real that it is enough by itself to allow or make possible any kind of response, be it good or be it in bad taste...

anujkumar
August 10th, 2004, 01:40 AM
nice theory, anonymity has power, it gets both bad (not shy away) and good (no big brothers watching) in you out.

Though some people, use their real world identity to (try to) force their idea. These are the one's whose areguments are filled with their personal example. (I am talking about threads discussing pure issues).

Anyway, I am emperical evidence of your theory.. Ha Ha

Akhil Deshwal (Aug 09, 2004 03:18 p.m.):
Why?...simple enough- The web is a very powerful tool and provides a lot of confidence to individuals who would never behave or imagine being rude in a real one-o-one conversation...but simply put, feel empowered by sitting behind the safety of a screen! The complete lack of fear of ever being confronted is so real that it is enough by itself to allow or make possible any kind of response, be it good or be it in bad taste...

navingulia
August 10th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I am not in favour of anonymity. if you are what you are and if you believe in what you are, you dont need to be anonymous.
provocation will always get more response, naturally

akhil
August 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Navin Gulia (Aug 10, 2004 11:21 a.m.):
I am not in favour of anonymity. if you are what you are and if you believe in what you are, you dont need to be anonymous.
provocation will always get more response, naturally

I think what Anuj meant by anonymity there (and I agree) was;
Even if you do provide all information like name etc. about yourself (and not really be so 'anonymous' in the literal terms)...that doesn't really change anything much, because the safety of sitting behind a computer screen miles away in some remote place allows one the power (be it good or bad) to be quite unaccountable for what he or she writes...

navingulia
August 10th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Akhil jee,
i agree
i understand that.
The point i was putting across was that when people become totally anonymous things get messy. Jatland is maintaining a good standard of meaningful interaction because most people are using their original identity and are interacting as individuals. Thats the best thing i like about this site.
In fact, i feel jatland should not permit people who havenot disclosed their identity.
its my point of view.
I dont disagree with Anuj, i disagree with anonymity

akhil
August 10th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Navin Gulia (Aug 10, 2004 01:14 p.m.):
Akhil jee,
i agree
i understand that.
The point i was putting across was that when people become totally anonymous things get messy. Jatland is maintaining a good standard of meaningful interaction because most people are using their original identity and are interacting as individuals. Thats the best thing i like about this site.
In fact, i feel jatland should not permit people who havenot disclosed their identity.
its my point of view.
I dont disagree with Anuj, i disagree with anonymity

True...total anonymity is worse!!!

But the main question in this post still remains: Does one reponds to provocative (posts) more?...In my opinion for some people unaccountability (being the catch word) becomes reason enough to be rude and even ill-mannered in their responses! Provocation or not...

jat1977
August 10th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Bhai JAT ne kyun bhool gaya. Woh bhi to provocation tai hi respond kare hai.

Anuj Kumar (Aug 09, 2004 03:14 a.m.):
yes.. zhota, bizar.. sur provocation tai he to respond karai

only to nahee.. pyar tai bhee respond kurte hai..

navingulia
August 11th, 2004, 08:34 AM
"it is human to respond more frequently to provocation, Jats are no exception"

sabeena
August 11th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Very well said...Akhil
The characteristics of a media make a very valid contribution to the message.
By the way-
WE ARE LUCKY, WE ARE ON THE WEB and not elsewhere!!!

Why?...simple enough- The web is a very powerful tool and provides a lot of confidence to individuals who would never behave or imagine being rude in a real one-o-one conversation...but simply put, feel empowered by sitting behind the safety of a screen! The complete lack of fear of ever being confronted is so real that it is enough by itself to allow or make possible any kind of response, be it good or be it in bad taste...[/quote]

akhil
August 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
[quote]Sabeena Chowdhary (Aug 11, 2004 02:30 a.m.):
Very well said...Akhil
The characteristics of a media make a very valid contribution to the message.
By the way-
WE ARE LUCKY, WE ARE ON THE WEB and not elsewhere!!!

...Ha! Ha!...Yes, very true Sabeena! Imagine what that would have been like!!!... :)

devdahiya
January 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Provoke a CAT and it will tear apart your cheeks.It is a human nature and once a danger to one's dignity or physical being is sensed............AN INSTANT NATURAL REACTION CALLED "HOW DARE YOU " .?...is obvious and WHY NOT. JATS have a KING SIZE EGOS and hence a quicker reaction..........THATS ALL...........AND...........FINE TOO.