PDA

View Full Version : Successful business adventure of a young Jat!

bnashier
August 26th, 2004, 07:35 PM
This is a brief account of the successful business adventure of my younger cousin brother - Rajiv Rattan (Nashier). Rajiv attended Sports School, Rai followed by DPS (R.K. Puram) and then received his B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering in 1994 from IIT, Delhi.He was picked by global oilfield and information services company, Schlumberger Limited. He served Schlumberger for about five years. In 2000 he got together with couple of other young and energetic friends to jump into business adventure. They acquired a financial firm, Orbis Securities, in New Delhi. Soon they came up with a plan to launch an online brokerage firm. At the time the likes of Merrill Lynch and some other firms in the US were also experimenting with their concept of online brokerage facilities. Rajiv & co. launched their online firm, Indiabulls.com. in 2000. It was well planned and the then finance minister of India inaugurated the new company.
Now Indiabulls.com is India's leading retail financial services company with 70 locations spread across 62 cities.
The company is getting ready to launch is IPO and thus will become a public company.

anilkc
August 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I hope this will inspires others to follow the path.

sonalisingh
August 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM
This is damn impressive Budh ! Thanks for informing us.

anujkumar
August 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Great

aksaharan
August 26th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Thatz great to know... lets keep up the burning desire alive

misguidedyouth
August 27th, 2004, 12:43 AM
its nice to hear that indiabulls belongs to ur bro... i've seen its commercials many times on tv.... well done keep it up... all the best

ajmer
August 27th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Great job indeed.

-ajmer

jtsagi
August 27th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Amazing! Definitely a source of inspiration for youngsters to follow in his foot steps ........

apoonia
August 27th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Great ...........thanks for sharing with us well it is amazing it will definately give our jats bahi some sort of inspiration and hight thinking............may he has all success in his life......

scsheorayan
August 27th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Very impressive. Congratulations and Best Wishes for future progress.

jagmohan
August 27th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Budh Bhai Saheb,

Namaskar,

CONGRATULATIONS to Rajiv Rattan. I am sure he would continue to achieve greater successes. INDIABULLS is indeed talked about in most financial circles.

Regards,

Jagmohan

amitsangwan
August 27th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Very Impressive Progress.
Congratulations to Rajiv on Emerging as a Great JAT.
Best Wishes for his Future Growth.

smalik
August 27th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Congrates and all the best!!!!!!

anujkadyan
August 27th, 2004, 10:03 AM
The CEO of the compnay is son of Mrs Krishna Gahlawt .. they are form Rohtak.. I think she was an MLA..from HVP..not sure though..

forgot the guys name..

gaganjat
August 27th, 2004, 11:04 AM
gadar!

rkumar
August 27th, 2004, 01:08 PM
great. Hope some of us take inspirations and try to do something..

Rajendra

vichitra
August 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Indeed, very impressive ......

ishwarlamba
August 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Budh Hi,
Congratulations to Rajiv Ji for real success and
to u also Budh Ji. It is your motivation which has worked.
regards

gaganrana
August 27th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Thats a real good deed Mr. Nashier. So its well said " higher risk higher reward and lower risk lower reward"

We'd have a guts to take risk and in the end of the day, we're the real winners.

ramsarya
August 27th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Congratulations and best of luck. Younger brother must have been inspired by the elder cousin!

bnashier
August 28th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Dear Friends:

Thank you very much for you best wishes to Rajiv. I am sure that he is appreciating it. He has simply followed his dreams.

In Shree Ishwar Singh Lamba’s post of June 20, 2004 - “Amit Lamba selected for IIT ” - I had written some lines like: “The right and best thing for people of ability to do is to appeal to their own interest in choosing a career . . . My uncle very much wished and hoped that I would become an IAS officer.”

Well, the uncle in reference therein is Rajiv’s father. I had chosen to become a mathematician. When Rajiv came of age, he also did not show any interest in becoming an IAS officer. My cousin sister as well chose to be a mathematician and thus did not indicate any desire towards an IAS post. I know that my uncle wished for an IAS officer in the house! When, in 1997, I left my tenured professorship of mathematics to pursue financial markets, I remember my first phone conversation with my uncle. He simply said, “Aare bhai Budh, jab te tu IAS ke liye taiyyar nahi hua, aur eb yo mathematics bhi chhod diya.” My humble answer was and is -“Feelings and dreams change, and if they are realistic we should follow them.”

In 1998 and 1999, when I was learning the head and tail of the markets and operations of Wall Street’s big firms, I used to write a weekly summary of big events of the market as part of a learning process for me. Rajiv was in the Middle East to work for Schlumberger, and I used to email him, along with a few other friends, my rambling thoughts about whatever I was learning.
When Rajiv got together with a couple of his buddies and started his own financial company in India, he simply followed his dreams! With his capability and dedication, I knew that he will do just fine!

anujkumar
August 28th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Nashier Sir,

Yours is one genius family. I am proud of having you among Jat’s.

wishes

birbal
August 30th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Budhji,

Wonderful success story. Congratulations!

amitshokeen
August 31st, 2004, 02:28 AM
The CTO of that company used study with me in high school. Tehinder Pal singh Migalani . he also went to IIT and did mBA from IIM,very smart guy

raj2rif
August 31st, 2004, 04:04 PM
Excellent. Heartiest congratulations to Rajiv and to you as well "Budh ji".

shokeen123
August 31st, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hearty congratulations Budh Bhai on your brother's success!

cooljat
September 1st, 2004, 11:05 AM
heartly congrats!!
hits the bulls eye!
best wishes,
Jit

indian
September 2nd, 2004, 02:53 AM
Thanks for sharing the success story of Rajiv.
It is really nice to know that some one from my school is doing so well...congratulations .

anoopsingh
September 2nd, 2004, 09:09 AM
heartly congrates to rajeev ji & best wishes for his IPO.

anilkc
September 3rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Indiabulls IPO:

http://us.rediff.com/money/2004/sep/03ipo.htm