PDA

View Full Version : LIFE STORY OF BIRENDER SEHWAG

ranjitjat
August 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
‘The Virender Sehwag Story’ is out
M.S. Unnikrishnan

New Delhi, August 10
Virender Sehwag is too young for his biography to be written about. But he has achieved so much in his short cricket career that he has become a national icon, and a perfect material for a bestseller. Leading cricket writer Vijay Lokapally has come out with an eminently readable book on the boy from Najafgarh, who has made it big in the rough and tough world of international cricket.

“The Virender Sehwag Story”, brought out by UBS Publishers, traces the evolution of Sehwag in simple prose, without resorting to cliques and rhytorics. Vijay, who has closely followed Sehwag’s cricket career from all corners of the cricket-playing countries, has made judicious use of the wealth of information in his possession to showcase Sehwag in a presentable manner.

“Sehwag has brought about a distinct change to our batting approach with his own brand of strokeplay. I have rarely seen a batsman launch an assault on the bowlers with such confidence. This self-belief is Sehwag’s strongest point, and he stands out for his never-say-die spirit”, Indian captain Saurav Ganguly has observed in his foreword, adding that “watching his triple century at Multan was a lifetime experience”.

Sehwag has disclosed that there was no pressure on him while compiling those mammoth 309 runs at Multan, to help India score their first-ever Test victory on Pakistan soil.

“There was no pressure at all this time. I had done well in the one-day series and I knew the first hour of the Test match was crucial. I was timing the ball well, and I told myself that I had to last the first hour. I had aimed at getting a hundred as I kept connecting my shots and runs kept coming at a fast pace. Believe me, I did not even realise I had reached my double century. May be, my shot selection was perfect that day. May be, I was mentally prepared better to face the bowlers”.

Sehwag has explained that he had “vowed not to repeat the mistake of Melbourne” as he neared the triple century mark. “Of course, I still would have lashed out had the ball been poor. But I concentrated on lasting the day, and returning afresh the next morning. I gave the entire credit to Sachin. He kept telling me not to throw my wicket away. He would show his displeasure whenever I played a loose shot or lapsed in concentration”.

The 139-page book will be formally launched in Delhi by Indian vice-captain Rahul Dravid on August 13

source tribune.
THIS IS COPY PASTE MATERIAL OF LIFE STORY OF VIRENDER SEHWAG A JAT BOY FROM NAJHAF GARH- ORIGNAL FROM CHUDANI VILLAGE IN JHAJJAR DIST> OF HARYANA.
THE STORY MAKE EVERY JAT & INDIAN PROUD.
THIS IS BOOK REVIEW.
I AM WRITING MY THOUGHTIN FREE AND FAIR WAY>
EVERY BODY IS WELCOME TO WRITE & SHOULD FEEL FREE.
LAEKIN JAT KI SUCCESS YA COPY PASTE SY KISI KO MIRAJI LADATI HO TO BHAI KHUB KUDO.
PER BOOK- TO JABI LIKHI JAYENGI JAB KUCH KARKOGY.

anujkumar
August 12th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Sahwag is good. He and Arti would be having dinner with President on Aug 15.