PDA

View Full Version : Jat and Non-Veg

jat1977
August 31st, 2004, 02:03 PM
Hi,

Jats are pure vegetarian but seems that now a days many of the jats have started a liking towards non-veg too. Infact most of my friends think that jats eat non-veg. I used to tell them then that like brahmins sehari (now a days village folks too) jats also starts eating non-veg in fashion. I am a vegetarian so the non-veg folks can tell in detail, why they are moving towards non-veg when the other side of globe has now started understanding the benefits of vegeterianism.

gaganjat
August 31st, 2004, 03:35 PM
Other side of the globe! r u talking about PLANET MARS man! NON-VEG YEYMA YE

jagmohan
August 31st, 2004, 04:11 PM
Who says JATS are Pure Vegetarians? Haven't you seen two JATS fighting? Jab ladai charam seema par pahunch jati hai toh JAT Koli bharke 'Budka' bhar liya karein. So we are born non vegetarians!!!

There is no particular reason for JATS to experiment with Non Vegetarianism. I presume it is just the question of easy availability and trying out newer things. But majority of JATS are vegetarian.

Ab baat rahi that the other world is turning to vegetarian food. Bhai hum vo saare kaam kar ke dekhange jo 'Other World' ne karein hain. Ke bera 'other world' waale theek hain ki galat.

I am reminded of something I heard while I was in Ludhiana a short while ago.

A chicken is asking its little one "Beta, bada hoke kya banoge?"

Beta Bolya "Papa, Tandoori Chicken".

Regards.

anujkumar
August 31st, 2004, 06:48 PM
I would like to mention that Jat's are predominantly vegitarian. Non-vergitarianism (cooking at home) is definitely less accepted among Jats (hindu), then say punjabis and other castes.

But i think it does not in any way reduce jatness (ha!) of those who eat, like people came on the defensive above. It's just a food habbit. but then there are vegi movements going all around the world, and some vegitarian does try to pose it as a superior food habbit. I think we has some discussion on the on Jatland (i mean maidane-jung types of thread).

shailendra
August 31st, 2004, 07:05 PM
..Jats have always been known to be physically proficient and have been mostly known traditionally to pursue physically inclined careers, for example-Farming, Armed forces etc.
I think, the very nature of these tasks has made it impossible to completely remove non-vegetarian food from a staple diet! I don't mean here that simple vegetarian food is not enough for physical labor, but somehow the robust nature of the task and non-vegetarian food have always gone together!

Having said that, non-vegetarian food can still be somehow considered more of a 'special' luxury, something which one does not indulge in on a daily basis...and so it cannot be called a daily diet for even someone who eats non-veg!

...I hardly think Jats have ever had to follow or imitate 'style' of eating! (especially not from the Baman's!)
All my Jat friends are big fan's of Non-Vegetarian food and maybe we all will slow down too and turn to just vegetarian food later in life!!! :)

rkumar
September 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
Dear Friends,

This topic came for discussion in the past also and was initiated by Mr. Navin Gulia (Dated 30th March 2003). I am reproducing the entire thread for the benefit of our members;

1. non-vegetarian food

Non vegetarian food was forbidden in Jats. In recent times lot of Jats have started having meat/chicken. Its more because non-veg is projected as a nutritious food of the higher class. Jaaton mein kahaawat ye thi ki jisko khaane ko nahin milta wo log maas machchi khaatei hain.
But I will only talk about facts.
1. Biologically human body(teeth and digestive system) are more suited to consumption of vegetarian food.
2. A person having non-veg food is more prone to deseases.
3. A person having non-veg food has power but very less stamina. A lion has to capture its pray within 200-300meters and if he doesnt he will have to recover for hours before he can try again. All athletes and long distance runners prefer veg-food(cereals) with lot of roughage.
4. A person having vegetarian food is mentally at peace with himself and surrpundings.
5. Out of 20 lion cubs only one is able to become a fully grown adult. Most die of deseases. Out of the herbivores one out of three is able to become a fully grown adult.
It is also true that if the walls of a butchery were made of glass 90% people would give up non-veg food. If the people who eat non-veg food were to cut and cook themselves 99% would give it up.
Some say non-veg food is tastier but its not true, its only because it is cooked with lot of spices. Non-veg in itself has no taste. And i suppose those people have not had well cooked vegetarian food.
I had earlier written an article about smoking and drinking and now i am writing about non-vegetarian food. I want to make it clear that i have nothing against those who do. I am just expressing my opinion. Anybody has a right to disagree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aag bujhaane hawaa chale aur use bhadkaaye, JAAT MARA TAB JAANIYE JAB TERAHVI HO JAAY
Date: Mar 30, 2003 on 06:06 a.m.

2. Re:non-vegetarian food

I am not sure about power of Non-veg food but one thing is sure. We don't know what kind of desease the chicken or whatever we are eating used to have. That desease can be transferred..
Date: Mar 30, 2003 on 07:18 a.m.

Ranvir Singh Dalal
in Members

since: Nov 28, 2001
ip: 209.246.209.249 3. Re:non-vegetarian food

Mad Cow disease in UK, about 2-3 years back
Chiken flu in Hong Kong, about 2-3 years back
Pork every one know if not well cooked, is very dangerous.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."
Date: Mar 30, 2003 on 08:31 p.m.

Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde
in Members

since: Mar 30, 2003

ip: 219.65.227.57 4. Re:non-vegetarian food

Sanjeev Siwach (Mar 30, 2003 07:18 a.m.):
I am not sure about power of Non-veg food but one thing is sure. We don't know what kind of desease the chicken or whatever we are eating used to have. That desease can be transferred..

Power of veg vs non veg food can easily be understood from the fact that the horses (where from the word horse power came), eat grass and other veg. stuff. Bulls eat grass, elephants eat grass..I will say that most of the powerful and peaceful animals eat grass and veg. food.. I would go a step further....vegetarians are more evolved as it took more efforts to cultvate and grow foods than killing the animals and eating their meat.

Date: Mar 30, 2003 on 09:26 p.m.

Navin Gulia
in Members

since: Nov 25, 2002
ip: 203.145.137.35 5. Re:non-vegetarian food

bhai saahab bilkul theek farmaaya, vegitarians are more evolved. All religions which evolved in india preach veg food as india has always been a fertile land. All religions which evolved in places of extreme climatic conditions and infertile land advocate non-veg food.
aag bujhaane hawaa chale aur use bhadkaaye, JAAT MARA TAB JAANIYE JAB TERAHVI HO JAAY
Date: Apr 02, 2003 on 09:28 a.m.