PDA

View Full Version : Were our Ancient ForeFathers more advanced?

shailendra
September 1st, 2004, 12:01 AM
I have always wondered about this question ever since I was a kid, and now I would like to pose this question to you all with a hope of a very frank viewpoint (I am just not sure if it has ever been posted before by someone else too), But anyways, here goes:

We all must have, one time or the other, read those stories not only in Hindu mythology but even from western legends about the presence and existence of far more sophisticated societies than we are able to even now achieve in the modern times…

If one looks at western legends; like the lost (and advanced) city of Atlantis, the statues found in the mysterious (still un-explained) area of the Bermuda triangle that date from ancient times and depict forms that look like they are wearing space suits and of people from outer space!
The construction technique of those huge legendary pyramids in Egypt is still unexplained. No one knows how ancient slaves were able to carry those stones to the top like that. The Stonehenge in Britain…and I can go on about the unexplained mysteries that are still around mostly poking a taunting finger at the modern world.

And of course, going back to Hindu mythology itself; Ravana having a ‘Pushpak Viman’ (or a flying Chariot- more like a modern day small plane) and Arjuna and the other mythological heroes fighting with such advanced weapons that remind one of a modern day missiles. The blind Dhrithrashtra was apparently given minute-by-minute updates (thru his minister, of course) of the whole Mahabharata in the safety of his palace, not very different from the easiness of watching a televised Gulf war from our living rooms.

And NOW… suddenly and mysteriously these powers or powerful societies are gone! Vanished in the mists of time…the legends talk about such advanced techniques that mankind is still in the process of discovering.

What are the beliefs that the members have about this?
Do you really believe that the world had to their disposal enormous powers and techniques that were somehow lost with time or for whatever reasons? Or are we just simply romanticizing too much about our ancient forefathers were able to accomplish and of an era long gone?

anilkc
September 1st, 2004, 03:56 AM
I too have been pondering over this issue since i was able to read. I am still undecided if they really had "advanced" technology, but I am sure they had very "advanced" imagination. We probabily did not loose those "advance" technology, but we perhaps lost the "simplicity" of soln (just like the famous story abt the invention of ball point pen).

pnauhwar21
September 1st, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well, after a long time a topic I can write on :) Even I am confused whether the Gods were actually advanced human beings or aliens from other planets. Have read many books on this stuff. If you get a chance, catch hold of books by 'Erich Von Daniken'. He has written books like 'Chariots of God', 'Gold of the gods', 'In search of ancient gods' with many pictorial proofs. There are a lot of cave painting around the world which bear resemblance to modern day astronauts. Even the way mahabharata n ramayana are written, it seems they were using airplanes, missiles and atom bombs. Only the terminology was changed. Even the ancient Tibetan texts say that earth was visited by aliens who through genetic re-engineering advanced the human race. Read some stuff by a Tibetan lama 'Lobsang Rampa'. Even the Halo which we depict in the back of our gods are nothing but auras which the people then were able to see using their third eye (invisible which is activated by some neuron in brain - mine is not yet activated though :) Even now, we can take pics of auras of ppl. using kirlian photography. So, I have a strong feeling that gods were nothing but advanced alien beings who are still watching us from far beyond..

shailendra
September 1st, 2004, 06:26 PM
...Hmmm, cool! I see this topic is after all something that seems to have captured the imagination of people over ages.

Thanks Anil/Prashant for your insights, and I agree it seems to be a very intriguing legend that seems to have no definite answers or proofs. [I have read the book 'Chariots of God' Prashant...it was a well compiled research, like you said, and had fueled my imagination even more! I am gonna try and get my hands on the other ones you mentioned here...]

Isn't it amazing (and less of a coincidence), that almost all cultures have historical mentions somewhere or the other of a very such alien like presence, or godly powers?...I just always felt that there is something more to all this then just a revered reference to the ancients, ...something that we, the present humankind may never find out for sure.

shailendra
September 18th, 2004, 12:08 AM
...All right people! Come now, don't tell me this debate/theory/belief has never caught your imagination before?...

The three of us are really wondering now if we are the only weirdo's on the site who romanticize about the unexplained!!! [Which very well might be true! ;-) ]...LOL!

uday
September 18th, 2004, 12:26 AM