PDA

View Full Version : Jatland.com::: We need help!

ndahiya
September 10th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Hi!

If you're looking for a no-pay, thankless job where you spend your days and nights in front of a website whose layout hasn't really changed in 4 years, you've hit jackpot!

Jatland.com needs you for

a. Content and Design: updating pages (eg: Gotras page) on the site and upgrading the features/design of the site. Basic knowledge of html is required. It will be even better if you can code (Anything will do. PHP/Perl are not too tough to understand).

b. Member area moderation: Less glamorous than it sounds. You should be active in the forums. Not too controversial. Willing and able to give adequate time on a daily basis. Willing to take a few punches and smile. And not get senti about the title!

If either/both things make you jump up with joy, please send a email to admin@jatland.com to discuss offline.

Regards
Nitin

sabeena
September 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Hi Nitin,
If it is a creative layout that u need I could design it for u. I am not a techi so can't do this coding stuff. But I guess this site desperately needs a touch of creativity, the layout is too monotonous. I guess if I design a pagelayout in photoshop and mail u a pdf then u can get it reproduced according to ur needs and thru techi guys. let me know how I can help.
good wishes

ndahiya
September 10th, 2004, 06:39 PM
PM sent.

mkm_jat
September 10th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Sir
I wanna to help you But till 20th I'm busy in my Mid sem xams so after that I'll cantact u.
I've knowledge GUI VB and basics of HTML & FrontPage.So If u've some opportunity for me can send me at Manoj Kumar Mahala (mkm_ism@yahoo.co.in)
Thanx Sir

shailendra
September 10th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Nitin, I am no computer whiz...specially no web designer!

But I guess if you feel the need to add some kind of hand drawn graphics (of course scanned as digital images for someone to finally upload)...or even small animation (even those I do by hand and then loop them together to create the final animation)...THAT I can do. So please let me know if you or your graphic Designer (whoever finally takes up that mantle) needs such a help.

stokas
June 16th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Regarding Technical and Designing - Sabeena, Manoj and Hooda have already come forward.

But regarding Moderation :confused:

Look at the "Terms and Conditions" to be a Moderator:

-You should be active in the forums.
-Not too controversial.
-Willing and able to give adequate time on a daily basis.
-Willing to take a few punches and smile.
-And not get senti about the title!

Oh! Great!!

But, a Jat - having all these 'Characteristics' (I wonder last two points :rolleyes: ) - would be a rare one and sorry to say, I am not one among those. ;)

Friends, Do you have it in you?. Come forward and make "JatOurland.com" more pleasant.

I propose some names for this 'Post :o ':

1. Dr. Rajendra Kalkhande (Thanda-Thanda, Cool- Cool)
2. Lt. Col. Jagmohan (Cool-Hi-Cool)
3. Col. Tavathia (Gracious)
4. R K Sehrawat (Bhai saahab may get senti sometimes :) - but still I propose)

Please come forward with some more ideas - to make it a more enjoyable experience.

Thanks to one and all.

rkumar
June 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Regarding Technical and Designing - Sabeena, Manoj and Hooda have already come forward.

But regarding Moderation :confused:

Look at the "Terms and Conditions" to be a Moderator:

-You should be active in the forums.
-Not too controversial.
-Willing and able to give adequate time on a daily basis.
-Willing to take a few punches and smile.
-And not get senti about the title!

Oh! Great!!

But, a Jat - having all these 'Characteristics' (I wonder last two points :rolleyes: ) - would be a rare one and sorry to say, I am not one among those. ;)

Friends, Do you have it in you?. Come forward and make "JatOurland.com" more pleasant.

I propose some names for this 'Post :o ':

1. Dr. Rajendra Kalkhande (Thanda-Thanda, Cool- Cool)
2. Lt. Col. Jagmohan (Cool-Hi-Cool)
3. Col. Tavathia (Gracious)
4. R K Sehrawat (Bhai saahab may get senti sometimes :) - but still I propose)

Please come forward with some more ideas - to make it a more enjoyable experience.

Thanks to one and all.

Shailendra Bhai, kyoon field se nakal kar commentator ke bakhse me bitha rahe ho...LOL... Jara kuch aur run bana lene do...LOL

RK^2

stokas
June 16th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Rajendra Ji,

Bakse me baith kar bhi cricket ka majaa liyaa jaa sakta hai ;)

Aap apne runs banana jaari rakh sakte hain - marte rehna chhakke-pe-chhakke..LOL

sumer77
June 18th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Kheton ko de lo paani, ab beh rahi hai Ganga,

kuch kar lo nau jawaano, utth ti jawaniyaan hain

raj2rif
June 20th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Dear Shailendra Ji,

Thanks a lot for your recommendations. I personally feel that the young people will have very good ideas and they must come out to make this site the best we can.

I personally agree, that we need to add a lot of innovations to the site, but as far as this field goes, I can be considered uneducated. All I can say is that we should make this site attractive and user friendly.

How that can be done, I have no idea.