PDA

View Full Version : Are Jats blessed with superior Physiques?

shailendra
September 16th, 2004, 02:08 AM
I know that there has been a thread earlier about Height within us Jats etc. ....And my post here is not to start that race for the tallest Jat on Jatland again ;)…but more as a query wondering if Jats are simply traditionally blessed with imposing (if attractive is not the right word) stature or physiques?

I mean, for example mostly all Jats that I have met or come across till now in life, be it relatives or friends…and/or acquaintances, one thing has always been a common feature; the fact that their physiques (and personality) is distinctly different, more imposing and better registering than most others of different castes. Again, maybe this should not be construed as a self-beating of your own drum (plus, even if it is then where else but on this forum?)

But what I would like is for you to add/comment on this query, dilemma, theory (whatever you wanna call it); because unless I was just lucky or fortunate enough to only relate or meet with the best of the best Jats…I wonder if it is not really such an uncommon observance after all and that all Jats are actually just truly blessed with a more imposing personality/Physique?

This goes back a bit to the Aryan race theory too. (Aryans supposedly being a race that ran over most of what is Asia and even Europe. Mixing with the locals and creating a new chain of sub-races in each of those regions. Of course even Hitler is supposed to have exulted on that Aryan race factor…and well, most researchers agree to this theory). Not to mention somebody actually researched the skull sizes of people from various regions (just mentioned) to support this theory on the ‘Aryans’.

Also, just like it doesn’t need a rocket scientist to see the huge difference in the skin color and height/personality etc. when comparing a North Indian to a South Indian, and so similarly isn’t it true that most often than not a Jat will stick out like a sore thumb even in a North Indian crowd either thru his imposing physique or his/her personality?

So, Help…
Let’s have some views from YOU on this!

anilkc
September 16th, 2004, 02:57 AM
u have not met enough jats.

varuntomar
September 16th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Mr Anil probably u haven't met enough jats

manu20
September 16th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Yes, we are blessed. I haven't met too many Jats...but I do agree with Mr. Hooda that we stand out in ALL crowds. Punjabis and Jats are the TRUE beauty of India. One thing is certain: Haryana Jats are the best!!!! 8)

Jai Haryana!

ishwarlamba
September 16th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Jagga Ji,
Saying Haryana Jats are the best is like saying that Jagga jats are the best. Self praise does not help anybody
regards

danarambeerda
September 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Jagga Jat (Sep 15, 2004 09:52 p.m.):
Yes, we are blessed. I haven't met too many Jats...but I do agree with Mr. Hooda that we stand out in ALL crowds. Punjabis and Jats are the TRUE beauty of India. One thing is certain: Haryana Jats are the best!!!! 8)

Jai Haryana!

Jat is jat no matter where is he from!!!! please don't devide jat by region....

Regards

jatrix
September 16th, 2004, 03:02 PM
well... i think it is all about the attitude and the self confidence ...which make jats stand out of the crowd...
maybe got to do someth. wid genes or u can say the upbringing.
a person in jat family is constantly reminded of the fact that "health is wealth"
when my cousion had put a few extra pounds....my aunt n mom had made his life hell.... kaisa ho gaya hai... ??... ab se roj subah bhaiya ke saath daudne jaya kar(referring to me....hahaha)...
then very often jats are not heavily built....they are tall... n strong.. not weighy but stiff and tough.for the sake of comparison.... they r more like akshay kumar then salman or sunny deol!! n that is called perfect built.... even if a jat is thin , he is more likely to be strong n tough.... 60 kilo ka jat 60 kilo weight utha sakta hai!!... 'coz JAT RULEZ!! .... it's all about the fighting spirit n diehard attitude of jats..which cause them click!
signing off
naresh

Shailendra Singh Hooda (Sep 15, 2004 04:38 p.m.):
I know that there has been a thread earlier about Height within us Jats etc. ....And my post here is not to start that race for the tallest Jat on Jatland again ;)…but more as a query wondering if Jats are simply traditionally blessed with imposing (if attractive is not the right word) stature or physiques?

I mean, for example mostly all Jats that I have met or come across till now in life, be it relatives or friends…and/or acquaintances, one thing has always been a common feature; the fact that their physiques (and personality) is distinctly different, more imposing and better registering than most others of different castes. Again, maybe this should not be construed as a self-beating of your own drum (plus, even if it is then where else but on this forum?)

But what I would like is for you to add/comment on this query, dilemma, theory (whatever you wanna call it); because unless I was just lucky or fortunate enough to only relate or meet with the best of the best Jats…I wonder if it is not really such an uncommon observance after all and that all Jats are actually just truly blessed with a more imposing personality/Physique?

This goes back a bit to the Aryan race theory too. (Aryans supposedly being a race that ran over most of what is Asia and even Europe. Mixing with the locals and creating a new chain of sub-races in each of those regions. Of course even Hitler is supposed to have exulted on that Aryan race factor…and well, most researchers agree to this theory). Not to mention somebody actually researched the skull sizes of people from various regions (just mentioned) to support this theory on the ‘Aryans’.

Also, just like it doesn’t need a rocket scientist to see the huge difference in the skin color and height/personality etc. when comparing a North Indian to a South Indian, and so similarly isn’t it true that most often than not a Jat will stick out like a sore thumb even in a North Indian crowd either thru his imposing physique or his/her personality?

So, Help…
Let’s have some views from YOU on this!

uday
September 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
simple. when JAT get married... three + three surnames are avoided from both parties.

so we are cross breed and thus geneticlly strong.

baki doctor log jyada prakash dal sakey hai is barey main

rkumar
September 16th, 2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.sulekha.com/expressions/column.asp?cid=305796

RK^2

danarambeerda
September 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (Sep 16, 2004 06:50 a.m.):
http://www.sulekha.com/expressions/column.asp?cid=305796

RK^2

WE AVOID 4 GOTRAS ( SELF, MOTHER, AND BOTH GRAND MOTHERS)

shailendra
September 16th, 2004, 06:14 PM
anil chaudhary (Sep 15, 2004 05:27 p.m.):

I don't know yaar Anil,...but phir bhi kuch baat to hai, maybe I didn't put my finger on the right spot here; But if it is not physique...(then maybe self-confidence), or entirely something else!
But I was hoping that you and the other members might be able to shed some light on your own general observation(s) about the phenomenon.

By the way, you never wrote about your own opinion ??? (either way!)

shailendra
September 16th, 2004, 06:17 PM
naresh bhanwaria (mehta) (Sep 16, 2004 05:32 a.m.):
well... i think it is all about the attitude and the self confidence ...which make jats stand out of the crowd...
maybe got to do someth. wid genes or u can say the upbringing.
a person in jat family is constantly reminded of the fact that "health is wealth"
when my cousion had put a few extra pounds....my aunt n mom had made his life hell.... kaisa ho gaya hai... ??... ab se roj subah bhaiya ke saath daudne jaya kar(referring to me....hahaha)...
then very often jats are not heavily built....they are tall... n strong.. not weighy but stiff and tough.for the sake of comparison.... they r more like akshay kumar then salman or sunny deol!! n that is called perfect built.... even if a jat is thin , he is more likely to be strong n tough.... 60 kilo ka jat 60 kilo weight utha sakta hai!!... 'coz JAT RULEZ!! .... it's all about the fighting spirit n diehard attitude of jats..which cause them click!
signing off
naresh

[quote]

Hmmm...some very acute observations! Thanks...I think you are on to something here.

uday
September 16th, 2004, 06:34 PM
bhai Danaram,
bit curious. ladki or ladki ke maan ka gotra bhi to count hota hoga.

Dana Ram Choudhary (Sep 16, 2004 06:54 a.m.):
WE AVOID 4 GOTRAS ( SELF, MOTHER, AND BOTH GRAND MOTHERS)

ajaysinghbamel
September 16th, 2004, 08:36 PM
anil chaudhary (Sep 15, 2004 05:27 p.m.):

I have travelled throughout India, and also to US and Europe once but i could see Jats stand apart in crowd with assertive personality but I am not able to understand your doubt on same. Anil Bhai express karo.

anilkc
September 16th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Till now no one has picked me out as a jat...as a bengali many times, never as a jat...among the few jats who were in my college...some could be easily be identified...but there were many whoes jat identity was revealed only when they said "me too" jat. I have experienced this in school, college and professional life in all corners of india and us.
U may be able to identify "stand out" jats, but how r u sure that those who dont stand out are not Jats?
This or similar topics have been discussed in Jatland many times. Pls go through them and u will realise Jats is a very diverse kaum in terms of language, physique, geographic location, attitude etc etc.
As for North or South India, dont typecast them again. How many coorgi or nairs from kerala have u met? u will be surprised if u go to these regions.

shailendra
September 17th, 2004, 12:02 AM
anil chaudhary (Sep 16, 2004 12:50 p.m.):
Till now no one has picked me out as a jat...as a bengali many times, never as a jat...among the few jats who were in my college...some could be easily be identified...but there were many whoes jat identity was revealed only when they said "me too" jat. I have experienced this in school, college and professional life in all corners of india and us.
U may be able to identify "stand out" jats, but how r u sure that those who dont stand out are not Jats?
This or similar topics have been discussed in Jatland many times. Pls go through them and u will realise Jats is a very diverse kaum in terms of language, physique, geographic location, attitude etc etc.
As for North or South India, dont typecast them again. How many coorgi or nairs from kerala have u met? u will be surprised if u go to these regions.

Well. let's first of all start with the most important rule of any theory or presumption: There are always exceptions!
Now having said that, I can tell you that I have known, met and seen enough South Indian's (I lived in Pilani; BITS campus for the longest time, approx. 15 years) to have seen enough South Indian students there to last me a life time.
Moreover, pick any person at random on the street in India and ask him "How do you describe a Southie in general?" (and then similarly ask him to describe a Northie) and you will have your answer...I don't really need to beat on that drum anymore. HAVING said that, I encourage you to read what I wrote again, cause I was actually maintaining how 'when you compare between the two'... the differences (in general) are glaring!....I never meant to say that the South Indian's are Lilliputians by any length of the imagination! [so technically I don't really dispute your stand on any Coorgi's or the Nair's]

But now....coming back to Jats; you still need to explain what in your above mentioned experience, was the ratio of the 'visible' Jat as compared to the exceptional ones that had to actually 'plead' their real identity [Farji Jaaton ko mat count karna, there are many out there that will just say it for the effect and to get acceptance in a group sometimes!]...and also do not count your experiences from school (I don't think child hood physique should be a bone of contention!)

anilkc
September 17th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Ok..leaving aside the Northie/Southie thing...
There were just 4-5 "visible" jats whom u could identify on day one of college, over the course of 4 yrs i discovered 14 (approx. and including myself) of my friends were jats and I bet there were many others whom I did not know were Jats too.

shailendra
September 17th, 2004, 07:10 PM
anil chaudhary (Sep 17, 2004 09:06 a.m.):
Ok..leaving aside the Northie/Southie thing...
There were just 4-5 "visible" jats whom u could identify on day one of college, over the course of 4 yrs i discovered 14 (approx. and including myself) of my friends were jats and I bet there were many others whom I did not know were Jats too.

Ok...so I guess you are right in maintaining that in your own experience the 'effects' of Jats standing out in a crowd are maybe not so glaring.
Cool, thanks.

I appreciate the input and maybe more such sharing and discussion on personal experiences will help really decide if the theory is a myth or the truth afterall!

ANY MORE takers?...

(I really wonder where the women members are on this one???...If you notice, the post is about Jats in general...not nessecarily men or women. Plus it is 'a general aura' of the Jats we are talking about, their personality and 'stand out' qualities...not 'built' as per say.)

I agree the heading of the post could be a little misleading...put if you read the narrative it expands on it!

It would be very helpful to get their stand on this too....