PDA

View Full Version : Message for my friends

dchhill
October 4th, 2004, 12:08 AM
1. My dad is against everything I do. He is against me doing films, period. He is a Haryanvi Jat.
2. Only Jackie Chan has managed to sweep me off my feet. The Jats are busy eating tandoori chicken!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/871981.cms

I don't know what to say about this, may be we do not understand our culture, may be it is our ego, may be it is the way jat youth is trying to keep up with this western culture. Jat boys and girls are trying to keep themselves up-to-date with this western culture. It looks enchanting from outside but friends trust me, these people that I see here in US are shattered. Talk to them and you will know how hollow their life is. We think that they enjoy a lot, party a lot, etc etc…, but the fact is these things have made them empty from inside. On the other hand, our culture has strong roots. It looks that if we follow our own culture, we are missing the enjoyment of western culture, but we forget that following our own culture- what I call BEING A JAT in a true sense, devoid of our ego helps us to be strong from inside.

I see people here, with a smile (artificial) on their face but crying inside. I know a jat working in a field, working hard day and night doing his duty, does not look well-off but I am sure the inner strength he develops is far more worthy than enjoying the sensual western culture.

It is really easy to follow the path of senses like mallika is doing at present. I am not criticizing her: she is trying something new - It is like a child trying to touch the flame of a candle to see what the feeling is like. There should be no hatred towards her. Let her try things out. However, for most of the other people it would be better to follow a path which makes a person strong from inside rather than making a person strong from outside. Beyond doubt the pleasure of senses are good, but they are like poison that tastes very sweet. Our culture has lots of taboos but it helps to feed our soul rather than the senses. In contrast, western culture feeds senses but has no answers for our soul.
Some of you might blame me for being an orthodox, but the truth is we forget that the so called conventional people are no better than our orthodox forefathers. Science is no way near to being perfect, ask those who have been trying to answer the most basic questions about this world. Take any science book and find out how many things they don't know. Find out how many people in this world are happy following this western culture. Find out how many people are looking towards our country, looking forward to our culture. Find out why Germany is promoting Sanskrit. If Germans have a respect for our culture, why can't we see the cultural wealth we have. In the end I would say that to follow western sensual culture is our weakness, it is damn easy to follow that path. the strength lies in following the path that lies inside us not outside. Let Mallika follow her path, but if you can, follow the path of goodness, morality and truth. Might be difficult but will definitely pay in the long run.

(I apologize to anybody whom I have offended by this mail)

uday
October 4th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Chillar sahab ka question is down to the earth.

Dear All,

Foget about this case (Mallika),

Ask yourself and find out how many of us, including we all, think about JAT community uplift while we are in INDIA.

Her shaakh kk koogaar se ullu udana hai to paeddey ki jad main panee do or ped ke suraksha karo uskey nazdeek reh kar.

Isn't it like this that when we move out from our own home ( culture) THEN ONLY WE STARTS TAKING CARE MORE or starts bringing up 'VALUES' 'bout our JAT culture...

Taaksangeet ho kar nishuudh aatam visshleshan ki jaroorat hai na ki Kimkartavayvimodh ho kar.

Moral:-- Bala re tuu kaun.. ek main khaamkhhaan !!

Bikey lagey raho..

Stay Tuned.

rkumar
October 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM
My freind, after going through this interview, All I can see is that she is promoting her film. People enjoy reading such gossips these days and this is why now all the major national news papers and magazines are competing with each other to print her interviews..Whatever one may say or feel, even in today's world, nothing sells like sex...or sex related talks...Let us not worry about. She is doing what she thinks right..Let us do what we think is right....

Rajendra

sukhbirsingh
October 10th, 2004, 11:51 AM
well
u r absolutely right, we should not think about bad elements? think about Bhagat Sigh and about our Heros , who has given their life for nation. Here i want to say something about mallika too, those people doing like her atleast should not say that he/she is Jat

abhimanyu
October 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I think the whole argument is too muddled up or I am too naive to understand the subtle message.

What are we discussing?

1. Mallika: She is an actress & if she is exposing thatz bcos we all want her to.. BY that I mean that as Rajender ji said ...sex sells...
I dont understand why she shouldn't call herself as JAt. Nain Sahab seems to have proprietary rights over the word. Give me a break !! She is in a profession which demands that n she also likes that !! So why care !!
Even I dont like what she does...but than she has a right to do what she likes till the time she is not pointing fingers at me or bothering me !!!!

2. About our culture: Hey we are and have been famous as Male chauvinists...See the plight of a woman in those traditional families and you realize. They have been treated as objects which are only supposed to clean, cook, take care of kids, animals and of course satisfy our Jat man !! ( This comes out of a project we did in law school wherein we went to different villages and interviewed women…..I was so surprised to know that hardly anyne had any hobbies or interest…n they always told me who cares anyway !! They were not Geeta or Sheela but Mrs. Dahiya or Mrs. Poonia……They had almost forgotten about their own identities….) Now if that is the situation...you will definitely see rebellions...n these people wont be 100% right bcos in retaliation you tend to go overboard...Its high time that we become critical of our culture...n try to root out the dirty weeds which we have been carrying since ages....

3. Western Culture: This one is a very long discussion …so would just like to say that lets take good points of western culture and improve ourselves …

Abhi..

jagmohan
October 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Dear All,

Just last evening I was having a discussion with my Uncle about these very issues: culture, values, issues etc. This uncle of mine (his grandfather & my great grandfather were real brothers) is one of the most satisfied individuals I have met. He started his life as a Sailor in Indian Navy, retired in 1971, worked in Mazagaon Docks till 1992. He is now retired and totally involved with his three grandchildren. His daughter in a Phd, elder son Director in a Shipping Company and the younger son a businessman. I often ask him as to how did he achieve so much in life? His answer has always been very simple. A life of total honesty and will to help others. He has helped, and still does, all his brothers as much as he can but never mentions it.

Why I am saying all this is because satisfaction and internal happiness are not difficult to achieve. It is only that we have got ourselves entangled in so much 'Riff Raff' that we have no time for seemingly simple and achieveable things like love for your near and dear ones, an attitude of being able to carry everyone together, giving timely help to the needy etc etc. We are all very expert in discussing world politics, strategies and what not (Mallika Sehrawat too) but shy away from doing what is the need of the hour. And we can all see within our own selves to know where we have gone wrong. One need not employ an agency to do that for us.

I do agree that our woman folk have contributed much more than what they are credited for but I would not agree to the view that thay have been used as bonded labor. There was a time, not too long ago, when villages were self sufficient in the truest sense. There was no need to go outside for anything. It is only after 'Development' started taking roots that the Villages an independent entity became dependent on towns. Our Grandparents often lament as to how happy they were in times gone by. Now with 'Development' taking roots, we all seem to be unhappy.

A view about western way of life. No culture is good or bad. It is a matter of perception. We often believe that to actually value Indian Culture one need to be a foreigner. I am sure that we will make the same mistakes that the western world made and then look for 'Internal Peace' through Meditation, Yoga and what have you. But beware!!! Next time around we will have to pay through our noses to learn Yoga from westerners. In trying to copy them we would have forgotten ourselves what we taught the world for centuries. Why? Because that's the way it is. Simple.

Regards,

JS Malik

ajaynehra
October 11th, 2004, 08:39 PM
I won't comment on whatever she is doing is right or wrong, but yes, when we see her or read her interviews .. she is sounds like a Jatni .. No hindi movie heroian would have done this .....before...

Nehra AJAY