PDA

View Full Version : God

gsvijay
October 12th, 2004, 01:05 PM
1. Hindu: God is the eternal source of life-force;
Supreme embodiment of unalloyed bliss and Almighty destroyer of all worries and vices. Meditate upon the preeminent radiance of His pious inspiring power that will enlighten our intellect and motivate it towards the righteous path of elevation. (Rigveda 3|62|10; Yajurveda 36| 3; Samveda 1462)

2. Jew: 'O' Jehova (God) Guide me on the path of
religion (righteousness); Show me Thou way which is
straight, noble and perfect. (Old Testament-Prayers
5|8)

3. Shinto: 'O' Lord! Our eyes might see indecent
things and vices, but our hearts (inner minds) should
be free from all evils and impurities. Our ears might
hear what is immoral and profane, but our hearts
should not perceive anything unholy or wrong.
(Japanese Preaching)

4. Parsi: That Supreme Master (Ahurmazda – God) is
the Supreme King because of His pure intelligence and truth. Executing altruist deeds in His name makes us beloved of God. (Avesta 27|13)

5. Dao (Taoism): Dao (the Supreme-Self: God) is
beyond all perceptions and thoughts. Righteous conduct as per His disciplines is an ideal religion. (Dao Treatise)

6. Jainism: Revering salutations to all the
Arhantas, the Siddhas, the Acharyas, and the Upadhyays (all of whom are enlightened masters). Revering salutations to all the saintly beings. (Invocation Prayer)

7. Buddhism: (For ultimate peace and joy) Surrender
to buddha – the enlightened awareness; Surrender to dhamma – the inner righteousness; Surrender to Sangha – the collective consciousness. (Diksha Mantra | Trisharanam)

8. Confucius: Must I behave not what I like others
behave not. (Notable Quotes)

9. Christianity: 'O' Father! Please do not put us
under test; Save us from all sins and evils. All the
infinite power, noble prosperity and greatness is
eternally Thine. (New Testament 'Matte' 6|13)

10. Islam: 'Ya Allah!' We pray to you only and need
Thou help alone. Show us the righteous path – the path of those who are blessed with Thou light and grace, and not the (wrong) path of those who are unholy and worthy of Thy punishment. (Quran Sura: Al-Phatiha)

11. Sikh: "Omkar" (God) is one. Thy name is the
ultimate Truth. HE is the creator of Nature, HE is
Almighty, absolutely bright and brave. HE could be
known only by the blessings of a noble Guru
(enlightened divine intellect). (Guru Granth Sahib –
Japujee)

12. Bhahai: 'O' Lord! Refresh and gladden my spirit.
Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my
affairs in thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. 'O' God! I will not longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. 'O' God! Thou are more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to thee O Lord. (Abdu'l-Baha in "The secret of divine civilization")

cooljat
October 12th, 2004, 02:23 PM
indeed quite good n spritual stuff,
really thanful to u for this msg.
btw, nice to tell u all that i'm personally bhai-faith follower.
whenver i go to delhi...always visit Lotus Temple and it's indeed a best palce to get some peace of mind n soul satisfaction.
thanks again...
jit

dchhill
October 13th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Nice stuff. Indeed All religions teach the same things. It is that some of us interpret it according to what we think. It's all one and the same. Good work :)

Divya