PDA

View Full Version : For administrator

rajeshrathee
October 17th, 2004, 11:01 AM
This is for the administrator & all members:

While going thro jatland it was observed that there a o of such members who r inactive since long. There are basically three types of members on the Jatland.
1. Who r members and totally inactive.

2. Who r reading the articles but not giving comments may be due to there busy schedule.

3. Most active members who read and regularly replies.
Out of approx. 2500 memebers of jat land only 10% are those one who r actually going through the site at regular intervals.

Therefore, views of al members r invited as to how to activate them.

Here r some suggestions from my side:

1. Will it not be a good idea to wish them on festivals or their b'days, by the administrator.

2. The administrator can send a reminder at certain intervals so as to remind them of their membership.

So friends what do u think about it??????

dchhill
October 18th, 2004, 02:47 AM
I am with you Rathee saheb,
I am sure that by wishing members on their b'days and on festivals, we can make sure that people remain active on this site. Moreover, Festivals help in making an energetic atmosphere and also a sense of fraternity develops between people sharing that festival.
This can surely be a good move by the administrators.

Divya

raj2rif
October 18th, 2004, 04:12 AM
While the idea is great, it may not be practical. Administrators of the site are also full time employee and probably it may be difficult for them to wish the birthday greetings or so. Further, we dont' have the date of birth of members on site and hence the problem.

I think, it is the duty of members to contribute. Reminding an inactive member may be possible.

ndahiya
October 18th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Atleast on the birthday bit: the new member forums, that should be up in about a week, hopefully, show have that feature.!! :)

rajeshrathee
October 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Thanx 4 replies
I think Birthday thing can b sorted out as notified by Nitin because it will require running a simple programme.
Regarding Festivals i find most of my known persons are a bit confused regarding the dates of festivals etc. Someone from India can do a favour by notifying the date of festivals to the administrator on jatland who can in turn place it on site.
If no one is ready to do it in India then I am ready to take this responsibality but only thing I am afraid of taking this responsibality is my nature of work (POLICE).
with regards
rajesh