PDA

View Full Version : reality bites

sansanwalamit
November 9th, 2001, 01:34 AM
guys i am confused about our reality rather identity in today's world....as we all feel proud of being jats today but are we actually being jats...i mean the principals of truth and a fear of masquareds are getting vanished from ourselves ....well we blame it on thechangewe say that world is changing and we have to be "cultured"mannered""prgamatic" like all others as we have to survive at a good level in today's world ....i mean is it actually like that ....i mean ok we have changed today i am on a keyboard instead of a plough ...i need to meet many people in a day and i have to be at par with them whichmy ancestors would have never cared about...i mean is it actually this change ....i need one thing to be cleared were my ancestors lovers of truth or gullible countrymen and if they were then why only my ancestors are known for their bluntness not ancestors of my Aheer or Gujjar counterparts i mean we never see any Aheer phobia in society so why us...this makes me feel that no my ancestors werent gullibles but actually lovers of truth and they paid any cost for that ...even in my contemporary generations i still see people getting duped for being true ....i have also tasted the bitter taste of being duped ...i bet we still here that jats are the truest of friends and yes we are ...so that means this is something that sets us apart from other people ...so should we leave our identity to be successful ....and if we do so then arent we somewhat "converting" ourselves and as Sir Naipaul also said that one who converts has to admit that his ancestors were mere faliures ...i mean isnt it disprespecting ourselves...welll all i wanna know is how can one be a jat in todays world and how can we still keep our basic morals.....
and how many among us can say we are successful and not behaving the way a jat does has helped me in achieving that ....so here is the question no questions once again......what is the meaning of JAT....where and how should we stand in this century and if the reality that we know is real jat then should we trun our back to it convert oursleves coz our realitybites

rsdalal
December 14th, 2001, 08:26 PM
<<i mean ok we have changed today i am on a keyboard instead of a plough ...i need to meet many people in a day and i have to be at par with them whichmy ancestors would have never cared about >>
Basic truth of life will still be the same whether we are on plough or keybord, does not matter, so change just for this will not help

<<why only my ancestors are known for their bluntness not ancestors of my Aheer or Gujjar counterparts i mean we never see any Aheer phobia in society so why us...>>
That's why we(jats) are more successfull. Majority of Jats are in Punjab, Haryana, West UP and these are the most prosperous areas in India. Take a look at Bihar and East UP.

sansanwalamit
December 14th, 2001, 11:25 PM
thank you for ur reply....
but the question stilll remains the same that where we are today? dont u think that our progress has taken a u turn in its rudimentary stage only? and what is the progress for a jat society to be rulers of haryana and punjab which we are or become hoi poloi in the cities ...as a matter of fact the later has been seen as progresss by many of us so plz tell me what is a real jat and what is real progress for him in todays world

rsdalal
December 15th, 2001, 08:27 PM
Dear Amit,
I agree with you about progreess of jats compare to other communities in Haryana is not better(compare with Punjabis and Baniya etc) and you are right in haryana we have only political superiority but financialy we are not superior at all.
But at the same time if you are comparing with Aheer and Gujjar communities, who are in majority in UP Bihar side, I would say JATS are far better.
Third thing if you just look at our situation in Haryana alone, we are in far better situation than we were about 70 years back. Here is the excerpt from Sir Chhotu Ram's biography
"The story goes that when the father and son approached the bania at Sampla mandi for a loan, the bania flung a fan at the father 'with unspoken indignation to cool his large perspiring semi-naked body' " We do not have that kind of situation in today's haryana. but this only proves we are better then yesterday, not better overall. And I agree there is always room for improvement

Amit Sansanwal (Dec 14, 2001 12:55 p.m.):
thank you for ur reply....
but the question stilll remains the same that where we are today? dont u think that our progress has taken a u turn in its rudimentary stage only? and what is the progress for a jat society to be rulers of haryana and punjab which we are or become hoi poloi in the cities ...as a matter of fact the later has been seen as progresss by many of us so plz tell me what is a real jat and what is real progress for him in todays world

sansanwalamit
December 17th, 2001, 12:32 AM
thank you again for ur kind reply,
its been a help the way u told me bout the our situation and feels nice to know that u think that ways and the incident was quite inspiring too ......well but the essence of my post or the crux of it is that aint just the progress rather its bout our identity in today's world....i have noticed that when jats develop they try to cahnge their identity and sorry to say but most of them end up behaving like panjoos especiallly look around in alll the sectors of HUDA it will be tough to distinguish a jat family from a non jat one and somehow i find those people quite overzealously happy of that there kids dont even speak like us forget about the way of living....and i really feel sad about all that ok now have a look at another commmunity say the panjoos they speak their language all the while long and it feels weird to see my own people dont do so...why? and language is just an example of this shady change of culture and way of life ...... so the question rises that do we have to sacrifice our own identity to look up to the mark with the world well i even know the answer of it but i just want guys to know that this is wrong there is no harm in getting on to the keyboards form the ploughs but we shouldnt forget what we actuallly and it hasnt been long since ploughs became history.............

devdahiya
January 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Dear AMIT,

It is better to get cheated than to cheat somebody.If we or for that matter any one has this absolute quality of truthfulness, then might as well stick to it than to exchange it with DUBIOUSNESS. For ultimate peace and happiness one has to remain honest and upright each second of his/her life. This world is a ground where we all are running a rat race and even those who are winning it by any means are still the rats. So dont get disappointed.We JATS should and must possess those good qualities............looterras are professional dupers and they die a dog's death...........................BHAI CHEERS!

chhoraharyanada
January 20th, 2005, 04:27 PM
then why only my ancestors are known for their bluntness not ancestors of my Aheer or Gujjar counterparts i mean we never see any Aheer phobia in society so why us...

Kya baat kar rahe ho bhai?

Yadavs have a much worser rep than us Jats!

Jat generally conjures up an image of hard-working farmer who is also good soldier. Ask anyone or any 3rd party. Perhaps people will say we are very backward (Gaawar) as a criticism.

But, ask the same question to 3rd party about Yadav and they'll say "daakoo" or "goonda" as first thought that comes to mind.

And with regards to your other issues - I say just chill. Doesnt matter if its khethi-barri or an IT techie walah. Just be you. No two Jats are the same, and we shouldnt fall into a stereotype of how we should or shouldnt behave. Forget Punjabis and their ways, or even Yadavs and Gujjars for that matter. Just be you - just stay true to your family and your community & be a proud Indian. Bas.

Regards and RAM RAM,