PDA

View Full Version : Union Budget 2002-03

rajeshsindhu
March 1st, 2002, 12:27 PM
I got following contents of the budget worth attention:

1. Rural sector and Agriculture:
"For the promotion of agricultural exports, Agri Export Zones will be promoted in different states and 15 such zones have been approved so far.
Further, Agricultural Produce Marketing Acts will be amended to enable farmers to sell their products directly.
A Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme for construction of cold storages was also announced.
A new corporation for agriculture insurance to be promoted by the existing public sector General Insurance Companies will be set up. "

==> Seems to be pretty good perks and advancements for those farmers who want to enter agricultue sector with commercial perpectives. Also allowing farmers to sell their products directly will remove the middlemen who take away much of a farmer's income.

2. Social Sector:
"Public sector insurance companies were designing an insurance scheme called 'Janraksha' for ensuring good health care to the rural population. With a payment of Re 1 per day as insurance premium, a person wil be entitled to hospitalisation treatment of up to Rs 30,000 per year at selected and designated hospitals. Out patient treatment up to Rs 2,000 per year will also be covered under this scheme."

==> I think this plan is worth registeration. Our bretherns in villages can easily afford it. Poor villagers can get medical facilities which otherwise they can never reach to. I'm sure this insurance plan can really go a long way in improving health data of rural areas.

-Rajesh Sindhu

abhishek
March 1st, 2002, 06:58 PM
I dunno about farmers(not an eco grad)
but as far as salaried pros like me are concerned we have burdened all kind of taxes
so
NOT A GOOD BUDGET !!!!