PDA

View Full Version : Jat Heads IIT ROORKEE

ajaykumar
March 2nd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Friends,
Some of you may be aware that the name of University of Roorkee was changed to IIT Roorkee last year. Its first director has been appointed. It is great to learn that its first director is a Jat (Dr. Prem Vrat), who was until recently working at IIT Delhi (as Dean of the Industrial and Mechnical Engineering Dept). We all should be proud of this great achievement by our fellow jat.

Also, another IIT (either Kanpur or Bombay) is headed by a jat (we should confirm it).

Warm Wishes,

abhishek
March 2nd, 2002, 04:35 PM
well IIT-D is headed by a jat Dr. R.S. Sirohi
so is Ch Charan Singh University,Meerut by Dr. Ramesh Chandra

ranjitjat
March 4th, 2002, 09:38 PM
I think it is Khanpur
ALL haryana universitys head are jats& DElhi open.

cheers to jats

itsnavin
March 5th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Hi
I am well in touch with this since long. Dr. R.S.Sirohi is IITD director and most recently Dr. Prem Vrat has been selected for IIT Roorkee. But I don't know if you all know who is behind all these selections: Dr. R.S.Nirjar and he is a jat too.
He is currently Chairman of AICTE. Earlier he was Principal, MREC Jaipur and before that he was Principal MNREC Allahbad. He is a very impressive personality and lot os political backing too. I pesonally know him. He is such a nice person for Jats(especially) that he can even create a post for you if you are a true jat. I know this as many of my friends benefited from him.
So, dear friends, if you have some thing for him to do, feel frank. Jats are always invited at his place.

Cheers
Navin

rajeshsindhu
March 6th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks Navin et al, for letting everyone know that Jats are making great strides, and thus making all of us proud of.
These examples reconfirm the fact that when Jats decide to go for something nothing can stand against their determination and hard word. They are born fighters and this unique instinct will make them succeed in every walk of life.

It would be nicer if their email ids can be made available to us all here, so that our bretherns can make use of it.

cheers!
-Rajesh Sindhu

sangwan_v
March 10th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Well, GB Pant univ.of agriculture and technology,UP is headed by Dr.J.B.Chowdhury, another jat who previously headed CCS Haryana Agricultural University in Hisar, Haryana .
CCS Haryana Agricultural University at present is also headed by a Jat, Mr. Vinay Kumar.

Regards
Vinod

itsnavin
March 14th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Thanks Rajesh
About the contacts with these persons, I have contacts with Sh. R.S.Nirjar's son. His id is: abhin_1@yahoo.com.
I think he'll be pleased to help any one.

Navin