PDA

View Full Version : Our Finest Hour

amitdahiya
March 18th, 2002, 09:42 PM
One of the finest fighting battallions of the India army is the third Battalion of the Jat Regiment. The Battalion distinguished itself at the Battle of Dograi under the command of Col Hayde(?) Operating at night, manouverung aggressively through several mine fields and assaulting the deeply entrenched enemy The 3rd Jat captured Dograi against all odds.Even our own army was taken completely by surprise and failed to exploit the opening created which had the potential of splitting the Pakis wide open. In that ferocious engagement the battalion covered itself with Glory. I am told that Col Hayde said later that only his beloved and completely insane Jats could accomplish such a feat on the battle field. This was indeed our finest hour in modern military history. I believe that battle is studied and taught at all leading military institutions for its demonstration of professional splendour and speed. Please honour in your heart and mind the gallantry of the finest battallion of the Indian Army-The 3rd Jat.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

P.S. Distinguished soldiers througout the world respect the achievements of 3rd Jat at Dograi. It takes some study of Strategy, Tactics and the peculiar circumstances of a particular battle to appreciate its true significance and impact . Dograi proved what could be achieved by Blood, Breed, Teamwork and motivation and Leadership even under the most adverse situations. Dograi has shaped the thinking of tacticians in every modern army of the world.I am told that even West point and Sandhurst have studied the battle of Dograi. Most of the battles fought on the subcontinent are passed up by modern armies that understand the difference between merely fighting hard on one hand and fighting well on the other. The 3rd Jat at Dograi fought very well indeed by every standard.

vinoddhaaka
March 20th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Amit Dahiya (Mar 18, 2002 11:12 a.m.):
One of the finest fighting battallions of the India army is the third Battalion of the Jat Regiment. The Battalion distinguished itself at the Battle of Dograi under the command of Col Hade(?) Operating at night, manouverung aggressively through several mine fields and assaulting the deeply entrenched enemy The 3rd Jat captured Dograi against all odds.Even our own army was taken completely by surprise and failed to exploit the opening created which had the potential of splitting the Pakis wide open. In that ferocious engagement the battalion covered itself with Glory. I am told that Col Hayde said later that only his beloved and completely insane Jats could accomplish such a feat on the battle field. This was indeed our finest hour in modern militarry history. I beleive that battle is studied and taught at all leading military institutions for its demonstration of professional splendour and speed. Please honour in your heart and mind the gallantry of the finest battallion of the Indian Army-The 3rd Jat.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

I am proud to learn this fact. Thank you friend for enlightening us.

ranjitjat
March 21st, 2002, 01:10 AM
amit yes this is history. the 3rd jat bn was in colaba when I was in navy.I made many friends& have good time in bombay. The war story was told to me in details by nk Karan singh & ramparsad of my village Ghasola, charkhi dadri.this story is also in my book.But there are 20 jat s bn in jat regt.and every unit has finest hour of glory in their 206 years of army history.There was finest hour in1914 when 6jat became 1st royal jat bnin history. my grand father was guest of king&queen of england. hon capt Hem raj bahadur was appointed ADC to king of england.

in the same war 1971 4 jat bn save FAJILKA
from paki. 82 jats made supreme sacrifice including my uncle Magey ram dudee. The name are on FAJILKA MEMORIAL ANY BODY CAN check& pay tribute.
according Col raj singh a jat & CO of the bn that was our finest hour.

When COL HOSHIAR SINGH awarded PARAMVIR CHAKARA that was also finest hour

There are so many golden pages in history, & some are missing that can be finest hour. this is only one good page of jat history.
I CAN GIVE SOME MORE MATERIAL ON THIS SUBJECT. LET OUR ARMY MEN & EX SERVICE & READERS TO DESIDE. THERE ARE SOME SERVICE MEN ON SITE. BUT THEY ARE NOT FREE TO SAY ANY THING

rsdalal
March 21st, 2002, 02:07 AM
Dharampal ji, Ram-Ram
I have a question (not related to this topic) and I think you are the right person to ask.
During Kargil conflict Col Surender Singh was removed(or transfered) and it was a controvery, he said something agains it in one interview, Can you tell more about it. Is he a JAT ?
Regards
...Ranvir

ranjitjat
March 21st, 2002, 03:09 AM
DEAr ranbir bhai ram ram
Major genaral birender singh budhwar of sunariya village was core commander. I know him well .he was miletary attche in london before kargil. bargadiar Surender singh was a sikhjat. he was demoted to col. fate unknown. gen birender budhwar shifted to jodhpur with camel corps. are you still in india. enjoy your holidays. greetings to family

amitdahiya
March 21st, 2002, 08:39 PM
Dharampalji
When I wrote of the 3rd Jat it was not to denigrate other battalions or Jat warriors. It is not out of ignorance of the Army or Jat History that I spelt out my admiration of the 3rd Jat. But I know that you are aware that Soldiering is not just about Blood, Steel and Romance, it is also a science that is not given to emotional generalisation. History and hind sight as also the study of military tactics and strategy give us an opportunity to study perspective of objective and achievement for different events to compare them on a level playing field. It is in this light that the achievements of third Jat at Dograi stand out not only as a great Jat Battalion but indeed as one of the finest infantry battalions in Asia. The Battle of Dograi more than many other bigger and messy set piece static but pitched battles , was an indicator of the shape of things to come, by demonstrating aggressive manouevering, speed, and an appetitie for battle that so distinguishes it. The ferocity and speed of the 3rd Jats manouever not only took the Pakistanis (occupying well fortified and deeply entrenched defensive positions that could have defied a division level attack) by surprise putting them to flight, but also took the India Army by surprise as well ,so much so that this development could not be exploited for a penetration of the enemy in depth. The exploitation of Dograi could have inflicted upon the Pakis in the West a defeat as resounding as the one in the east when Bangladesh was created. Pl scan and email me the pages on the battle of Dograi as referred to in your book it will please me greatly to read them. I do respect the dignity of your argument but I must stand fast to my feelings for my favourite battalion.
Regards respects
AmitDahiya

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Mar 20, 2002 02:40 p.m.):
amit yes this is history. the 3rd jat bn was in colaba when I was in navy.I made many friends& have good time in bombay. The war story was told to me in details by nk Karan singh & ramparsad of my village Ghasola, charkhi dadri.this story is also in my book.But there are 20 jat s bn in jat regt.and every unit has finest hour of glory in their 206 years of army history.There was finest hour in1914 when 6jat became 1st royal jat bnin history. my grand father was guest of king&queen of england. hon capt Hem raj bahadur was appointed ADC to king of england.

in the same war 1971 4 jat bn save FAJILKA
from paki. 82 jats made supreme sacrifice including my uncle Magey ram dudee. The name are on FAJILKA MEMORIAL ANY BODY CAN check& pay tribute.
according Col raj singh a jat & CO of the bn that was our finest hour.

When COL HOSHIAR SINGH awarded PARAMVIR CHAKARA that was also finest hour

There are so many golden pages in history, & some are missing that can be finest hour. this is only one good page of jat history.
I CAN GIVE SOME MORE MATERIAL ON THIS SUBJECT. LET OUR ARMY MEN & EX SERVICE & READERS TO DESIDE. THERE ARE SOME SERVICE MEN ON SITE. BUT THEY ARE NOT FREE TO SAY ANY THING

ranjitjat
March 21st, 2002, 09:21 PM
Dear amit I respect your feeling & interest in 3rd jat bn and other units. My choice is 6jat,1st royaljat.majority of british officers& Indian officers are agreed with me.china war 1962 it was 5jat ,1965 2jat, 1971 war 3rd jat 2 jat,& 4 jat. kargil war the best unit was 17 jat
. whole history of jat regt start from 1st royal jat. most of the ex-service men will agree with me. but due respect to armymen & to you .it will be better not to make it personal choice.

It will be better you read my book & make some healthy remark as a book review

cheers

amitdahiya
March 21st, 2002, 09:46 PM
Dear Dharampalji
I must respectfully beg to differ with you on this subject how can you raise an argument with me about my tribute to my favourite Battalion. Having raised this pointless argument you are now describing my tribute to a great Jat Battalion as 'Unhealthy remarks'. The truth is that comparisions are odious and comparing acts of gallantry on the battle field are doubly so. I am talking about a great feat of arms performed on a modern battlefield employing weaponry and tactics that could not even be imagined in other times. Please know that many brave distinguished soldiers both officers and other ranks agree with me but this is neither here nor there. Only if you are much older than me shall I concede this argument out of respect for age otherwise I shall not. Incidentally Jats from two different battalions saw action at Kargil and not just one and incidentally more than 8(?) batallions received unit Level citations from the chief not just our battalion. In view of the high all round cost of life please lets not claim superiority to the other martyrs whose claim to glory at Kargil equals our own.
Respectfully
Amit Dahiya

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Mar 21, 2002 10:51 a.m.):
Dear amit I respect your feeling & interest in 3rd jat bn and other units. My choice is 6jat,1st royaljat.majority of british officers& Indian officers are agreed with me.china war 1962 it was 5jat ,1965 2jat, 1971 war 3rd jat 2 jat,& 4 jat. kargil war the best unit was 17 jat
. whole history of jat regt start from 1st royal jat. most of the ex-service men will agree with me. but due respect to armymen & to you .it will be better not to make it personal choice.

It will be better you read my book & make some healthy remark as a book review

cheers

ranjitjat
March 21st, 2002, 10:28 PM
with respect to your tribute to 3 bn& to martyrs. i said i respect your feeling. you are free to keep your view so do I. if we not agree . it does mean this is insult to martyrs. you started the argument. who are we to decide which is best unit. you say it is 3rd. I am saying my choice is with first royal jat. let the public decide.
respect to martyrs .you and all

THE unit s awards citation in kargil war are 13
. from jat regt only 17 jat not the 3rd jat. check your fact before fight

amitdahiya
March 24th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Dharampalji
Sorry for the delayed response I have been out of station since we last communicated.The 8 battalions I have referrred to are the 8 infantrybattalions that took the heaviest losses. I am not detracting from the achievement of the other battalions at all. Kargil was a human harvester of a battle and please believe me I am not given to exaggeration easily. If you enlarge the terms of reference you will the more easily appreciate the true significance of Dograi and its lessons and inspiration. During Desert storm in Kuwait the Americans movement through the set piece minefields of the Iraqi army employed the techniques of 3rd Jat who achieved similar results with a fraction of the equipment and mechanisation of the Yanks. The only reason I have been provoked into an 'argument' is the fact that I am paying my personal tribute to my favourite battalion. My tribute should not become the subject of argument and comparision. You are after all perfectly welcome to a full length debate on the subject seperately as long as you do not clash with my very personal and deeply felt tribute to a great soldiering entity of the Jat martial tradition.
Regards respects
Amit

ranjitjat
March 26th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Amit
The martyrs belong to whole nation&every one must pay tribute to them with due respect.I started paying tribute before you born. I written the book france to kargil as a tribute to martyrs. I done research on Indian army war memorials. I am the first jat who visited indian army & 6jat-1st royal bn memorial in france.
I only made a suggestion that this is one of the finest hour in 206 years of jat regt history
many more jats & other units made history from france to kargil.
what ever 3 jat done in dograi that is history.
every fair minded person will agree including me
but i can not understand , why are you making this a personal issue?
I thought you are a fair minded person.

you should write heading - one of our finest hour
or my personal tribute to my fabourite bn 3rd jat
you write with this heading in national press & see the result.

you never use the word tribute. once you say one of the finest, in the last only finest bn
if you are not open to suggestion than i do not
want this a issue. you can keep your site & 3 rd bn.I will pay my tribute to rest of indian army on other site.

as a matter of interest which is your 2nd best& 3rd best bn in jats & Indianarmy
which is your lucky 8 BN in Kargil.can you name them? I think more than 8 bn suffered heavy loss of life

amitdahiya
March 27th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Dharampalji
I must politely decline to carry our argument to the point where it does either of us no credit and our glorious community even less. On this site at least we should strive to create a special place where the expression Jaatda Kaatda should never find any place Amit Dahiya

ranjitjat
March 28th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Amit bhai happy holi to you,all the clans , members& guests. thank you for your understanding & compliments.
I am proud to say that our family serving the country& community from last 4 genaretions in war & in peace with out any reward or medal.we are among the few international families among the jats.I never hurt any one, respect & help every one. I have wellwishers in every part of the world including your village.
People send me the greetings- carry on the good work-keep the flag flying high. this is my strength & keep me going.
I was in India on last holi. I hope I will be there before next holi. It well be pleasure to meet you. thank you for the invitation