PDA

View Full Version : Voices and who's who at the 33rd Jat Mahasabha

amitdahiya
May 31st, 2002, 11:36 PM
“ Oh my beloved Jats here is Ganga Jal . who will join me in taking an oath to give up the shameful habit of holding a feast after the death of relatives.”

Ch Gyan Prakash Pilania
Retd DGP
In an emotionally charged address to
the Jat community delivered from a wheel-chair.

When he asked for a show of hands the entire crowd raised its hands in a show of support. But when a moment later he tried to extend their commitment to also give up alcohol and tobacco only a handful raise their hands. Ch Pilania then broke down and wept bitterly

“The women are responsible for Dowry and not just the men. If the women refuse to accept dowry for their sons, the evil practice can be stopped immediately…”

Surinder Kaur Sindhu.
Women’s rights activist
and Social worker.

“ Educate your children especially your daughters. My daughter was the first Indian woman to enter Harvard….Bill gates came from a humble background and I believe some young person at this Mahasabha is going to surprise me by innovating something in computers which will take the US market by storm…..I will pay for the cost of this sabha if there is any problem about funds but this is an important event and deserves to be supported by us to the best of our abilities… I am first a woman, then a Jat and finally a farmer…”

Swaraj Lamba
U.S. based NRI

“Let us not discuss Reservation. It is not an issue, it is already part of an ongoing action plan. Let us not waste time and we should discuss the other items on the agenda where ther is need for clarification or direction”.

Yudhvir Singh
General Secretary of the Lok Dal
Secretary of the All India Jat Maha Sabha.

“Reservation is not going to benefit the Jat Masses. Only 3 percent will benefit and anyway it is the same people who take all the opportunities and benefits and these are the same people who are agitating the most for the reservation”

Mahendra Singh Tikait
Bhartiya Kisan Union Leader

“Choudhary O.P. Chautala should announce reservation immediately to avoid political isolation”

Tara Chand Mor
Convener
Haryana Jat Aarakshan Committee

“We will favourably consider your requirement for a plot of land on which to construct a community center for the maha sabha”.

Shiela Dixit
Hon Chief Minister of Delhi.

“When the Reservation commission decreed that the Dholpur Jats wouldn’t be entitled to reservation since members of the community were also the rulers of Dholpur, the family of my in laws resigned in perpetuity all our rights to any benefits of this policy so that the main body of Jats could enjoy the benefits of reservation”

Vasundhara Raje Scindia
Minister of State for Personnel
and small industries.

sspunia
June 4th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Dear Amit Dahiya

The meeting's of Jat Mahasabda is very useful for our Jat community.

The same type of meeting was also held at Rajgarh ( Sadulpur ) in distt Churu (Rajasthan ) in month of Dec'01 which was organised by Sri. B.R.Punia Vice President of M/s TCI and also the Vice president of All India Jat Mahasabha and meeting was attended by Ch Dara Singh President of All India Jat Mahasabha, Sri Pilaniaji and various present and Ex. Minister of Jat Leaders and social bodys of North India.

Best Regards
S.S.Punia