PDA

View Full Version : When blood runs thicker than blades

amitdahiya
May 31st, 2002, 11:48 PM
We received this thought provoking and yes deeply moving communication from a young muslim Jat who dared look through the curtains of hate and rumour to examine his feelings through his own senses and give utterance to the call of the blood. Dare we answer?

To: <jatconvention1@indiatimes.com>
Subject: Invitation for muslim Jats
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 03:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
Delete message excluding attachments

Dear sir
I want to know one thing from you. This your
convention of Jat Mahasabha is only for the Hindu Jats or it is also for the Muslim Jats. please you reply this question very seriously manyyoung muslim jat friends of me woud like to know your true feelings on this subject. your site jatland .com is only for the hindu jats is the mahasabha only for the hindu jats. we would like to attend the function if you welcomed to us.

Arif Malik

shokeen123
June 1st, 2002, 05:06 AM
Message removed by author

scsheorayan
June 3rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
Under present scenario it does make sense to be cautious. May be we can not invite them to attend Jat Mahasabha but there seems to be no harm in communicating with some one who wants to learn some thing about us.Their problems are similar to our problems and the biggest problem facing the farmers in these two countries is poverty ( made worse by a number of adverse factors beyond their control). If we see the similarities rather than differences we feel much closer to other people. Hope we have not become so paranoid as to be afraid of even communicating with people. There is no religion higher than humanity and if one human being tries to reach out to other it is only fair to be civil and respond.

guliya
June 4th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Dear All,

It was nice to know that Muslim Jats are interested in our mahasbha. However history has forced us to be divided and hindu jats and muslim jats cannot be mingled toghether. They may be living happily in some parts of UP but the fact is both of us are seperate and distinct and cannot be called under the same caste.
Jats are perhaps one of the most secular communities and survive easliy with all other communities. However this is true till other live peacefully with us.
Bottomline is however same that we cannot be associated with muslim jats.

shokeen123
June 4th, 2002, 08:12 PM

scsheorayan
June 5th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Very Good and thanks for your frank opinion. Every thing you have said is true but there is more.

guliya
June 5th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Sujata:

Well thanks for your frank opinion, but I tried my best to be polite (unlike a jat activity), i am sure u'll agree with me that on some issues no matter how hard we try we cannot be polite, however i state that jats dont have hard feelings for anybody, we believe in live and let live.

shokeen123
June 5th, 2002, 05:56 PM

amitdahiya
June 6th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Politically the Jats in India live at the edge of Power, Industrial development, Modernisation, Modern Education and Empowerment. Even as India makes disconnected breakthroughs in some sectors there are other areas in which our thinking heightens the paradox of our oriental existence. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee. I dont think you can wish away or even ignore 15% of the words biggest free population and their potential relationship with the most powerful segment of the majority populace the Jat community.

We cannot afford the luxury of Brahaminical thinking even as we discover our own agendas, role, stakes and future in the overall evolution of india and her growing diaspora.

A few simple paradigm shifts can alter all perception born of hidden fears and imagined disasters or even those that stem from the burden of behaviour conditioning memories of an unhappy past.

Even as the war on terrorism targets the lunatic fringe in Islam the bulk of Indian Muslims need despeartely to relate to local communities even as they relinquish or are compelled to loosen ties with huge chunks of their own community. It is dangerous for so many people to be adrift emotionally and socially. Where do you think the Osama bin ladens seek their recruits in the first place ? It is precisely in the midst of those who feel themselves the most forsaken.

Sujata (Jun 05, 2002 08:26 a.m.):
Subha Chand Bhai:

You are so right, "there is more than meets the eye," but before that there is the 'obivious' and I think as Indians we have always followed the path of non violence (with few exception in the recent past), and as Rohit has so eloquently put, "we live and let live" by the famous Gandhi teachings. As Hindus both, at political and moral level we have shown most restraints in the face of adversities despite the fanatical views of some other sects.

That's not just my view, it is the world view, recently I was reading the AOL speak out posts on the India-Pak conflict, with an overwhelming majority (a large percent of US responses) India was hailed for its peaceful and tolerant philosophy. Now I am not saying the idea itself (religious harmony) is not worthy, but "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." (Chuck Reid)

regards

Sujata

amitdahiya
June 10th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Shubha Chandji Ram Ram
This youngster is from India U.P. that is what makes the communication so significant. I just fouind it extraordinary that at this particular moment in the midst of so much bitter polarity he was able to identify with his origins and sought to relate to his blood. Maybe there are a large number of such Muslim Jats and their coming out in the open to identify with their blood ties may represent an important politico social phenomenon or at least a very significant one that merits some form of exploration or understanding.

Yours respectfully
Amit

Shubha Chand Sheorayan (Jun 02, 2002 11:43 p.m.):
Under present scenario it does make sense to be cautious. May be we can not invite them to attend Jat Mahasabha but there seems to be no harm in communicating with some one who wants to learn some thing about us.Their problems are similar to our problems and the biggest problem facing the farmers in these two countries is poverty ( made worse by a number of adverse factors beyond their control). If we see the similarities rather than differences we feel much closer to other people. Hope we have not become so paranoid as to be afraid of even communicating with people. There is no religion higher than humanity and if one human being tries to reach out to other it is only fair to be civil and respond.

scsheorayan
June 11th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Thanks Amit ji,
Change of any kind does take a lot of moral courage and strength. The way I see it mind is higher than body and spirit is higher than mind. All emotions e.g. fear, hate, attachment are at the level of mind. But if the mind takes it's orders from spirit we can be free from our fears and prejudices then and only then We can start seeing similarities rather than differences. It is not every one's cup of tea and it does take a very strong human being to rise to that level. But We can not give up trying (for that is evolution). I know it may sound like a lecture to some readers but personally I feel it is the right course of action. If this gentleman wherever he may be from or whatever his religious belief if he approached me personally I will do my best to help him progress in life and live as a respected member of society. But ofcourse it would be wrong on my part to impose my thinking on other members of the community. They have to feel the same way. I have full confidence that there are enough people who would agree with this path towards mutual co-operation rather than conflict and avoidance. Love is stronger than hate.

amitdahiya
June 13th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Dear Shubha Chandji

Your presence on Jatland is like prasaad. Through thick and thin your utterances are always sweet and they always uplift the spirit.
Charan Sparsh and affectionate regards
Amit

crsnadar
June 14th, 2002, 12:45 AM
** VERY VERY GOOD**

I LOVE MY ALL MUSLIM(ONLY JAT BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE OF US) JATBHAIS.
ONLY SOME POLITICAL PEOPLE & SOME MUSTANDE MEN WHO DON'T HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ALWAYS CREATE A LINE BETWEEN US. WE CAN'T BE SEPERATED THE BLOOD OF MUSLIM JATS & HINDU JATS IS SAME.
JAT JAT HI HOTA HAI CHAHE KISI NE UNHE HINDU OR MUSLIM ME BAANT DIYA HO.
I HEARTLY RESPECT MUSLIM JATS AS BEING A HINDU JAT.

MERE MUSLIM JAT BHAIYO KO MERA PYAR.

MAY BE YOU NOT INVITED FOR THE JAT MAHASABHA BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE POWER OF DOING SO. BUT HAMARE DIL ME TUMHARE LIYE BAHUT PYAR HAI.

SALAAM
MERE JATBHAI.

scsheorayan
June 14th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Dear Amit ji and Rahul ji,
It gives us all a great hope for Jat community to read positive comments like this. It is our inner strength which helps us weather the storms in life than our muscular power. There are a lot of strong Jats which can inspire younger generation like our elders did for us. Take a step back from material things and see if you are doing every thing within your power to motivate younger generation achieve their full potential. They do not need a big house, big car or an overseas holidays but they sure do need parents they can look upto.Once they have that rest every thing will be taken care by them even when parents are not around to guide them. It is the culture and solid human values that are more important than wealth or luxuries for which we all seem to be working so hard. Some of us will say what about good education, hopefully that follows from child's determination to excel in his/her chosen field.Parents have to provide right environment and necessary resources.In this area we all can help those in need of guidance/assistance.
Depending on our personal capabilities it does not have to be limited to Jat kids only. Jat Muslims We can relate to easily.

amitdahiya
June 16th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Choudhary Sahib Ram Ram
You will be pleased to know that at the last moment this youngster did attend the mahasabha. There were tears in his eyes when I introduced him to members of various Gots as a muslim Jat and again when he ate the Halwa which he said reminded him of the Halwa his Dadi used to make. On the second occasion it must have been the fragrance of the pure cows milk Ghee that had been used and which too runs in the blood of all Jats along with the same blood. For a few moments the emotions were unbearably poignant. I wish you'd been there.
Regards
Amit Dahiya

CH. RAHUL SINGH NADAR (Jun 13, 2002 03:15 p.m.):
** VERY VERY GOOD**

I LOVE MY ALL MUSLIM(ONLY JAT BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE OF US) JATBHAIS.
ONLY SOME POLITICAL PEOPLE & SOME MUSTANDE MEN WHO DON'T HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ALWAYS CREATE A LINE BETWEEN US. WE CAN'T BE SEPERATED THE BLOOD OF MUSLIM JATS & HINDU JATS IS SAME.
JAT JAT HI HOTA HAI CHAHE KISI NE UNHE HINDU OR MUSLIM ME BAANT DIYA HO.
I HEARTLY RESPECT MUSLIM JATS AS BEING A HINDU JAT.

MERE MUSLIM JAT BHAIYO KO MERA PYAR.

MAY BE YOU NOT INVITED FOR THE JAT MAHASABHA BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE POWER OF DOING SO. BUT HAMARE DIL ME TUMHARE LIYE BAHUT PYAR HAI.

SALAAM
MERE JATBHAI.

scsheorayan
June 17th, 2002, 04:49 AM
RAM RAM Amit ji and thanks for the message,
You have described it well and it gives great satisfaction to learn that Jats together represent a great community of which we all can be proud. We can concentrate on similarities rather than differences and it is matter of time before artificial divide created by a few selfish and mean people is eliminated. Heaven and Hell can both be experienced right here on this earth and we are free to choose our path of action. Let us make a wise choice of which not only us but forthcoming generations be proud and benefit from our experience.It is not individual or group which wins or loses but the policies for which they stand are decisive factors. Let our life policies be based on goodwill and strength of our community rather than narrow prejudices. Remember after land it is only farmer who can feed every body and if Jats do not represent farmer who does? Here is a link for some one interested and looking for inspiration;

http://www.samachar.com/religion/gita.html

shokeen123
June 17th, 2002, 05:02 AM

crsnadar
June 18th, 2002, 05:38 AM
RAM RAM JI ,

I feel so proudness when I came to know that in the JAT mahasabha a muslimJAT boy is invited.
This proves the big heart of JATs , whatever they belongs to hinduJAT, muslimJAT, or sikhJAT.

Mera Bharat Mahan
- bye

crsnadar
June 18th, 2002, 05:39 AM
May I ask why all the commrnts of SUJATA JI are removed by the author.

shokeen123
June 18th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Rahul,

Because Sujata is the author! I removed my comments because I felt they were not in sync with the rest of the views. I felt it was best to keep my strongly held beliefs to myself. It meant no harm to anyone!

Welcome to Jatland, I think you are a sweet kid with lot of potential and Jat enthusiasm in you. Concentrate on the present and good luck with your future endeavors!

Sujata

amitdahiya
June 18th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Sujataji these are all strongly held views and still we do not hesitate to share them I feel it is in the nature of our tribe to tell the worst first. Why not have the courage of conviction to share your views it can do no harm.

Also we are all sweet kids. I remember my grand mother telling my mother one day "Beti maiye yoon sochan laagri boodhi ho kar kay karoon gi" At that time she was 91 so if she wasnt old then youre not too old to post your strongly felt views now.

Good wishes
Amit Dahiyabadshah

Sujata (Jun 17, 2002 10:19 p.m.):
Rahul,

Because Sujata is the author! I removed my comments because I felt they were not in sync with the rest of the views. I felt it was best to keep my strongly held beliefs to myself. It meant no harm to anyone!

Welcome to Jatland, I think you are a sweet kid with lot of potential and Jat enthusiasm in you. Concentrate on the present and good luck with your future endeavors!

Sujata

shokeen123
June 18th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Amit:

My conviction "I have often regretted my words (spoken/written), never my silence." (Xenocrates) led me to the courage to remove the posting. Age had nothing to do with my withdrawing the comments!

Sujata

dkumar
September 5th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Respected Elders and Loving all,

I would like to make just one comment on the same "Being Flexible for Everything thrown upon oneself is the key to overall Development". This is how all the gr8 empires has been built, this is what makes difference in being developing and developed!

In Nutshell, I echo with Respected Shubha ji for not being rigid in appraoch towards any kinda communication from anyone.

Further, I also do agree with Amit on his view upto certain extent and would like to say " Have Faith but do Have one corner of suspicion always" thts wht History teaches us!

Last but not the least...I would sincerely appreciate if Sujata Ji may re-post her views or mail me; myself would luv to go through views of herself!

Regards,