PDA

View Full Version : WE DONN'T WANT RESERVATION

crsnadar
June 19th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Hi ALL,
TO DECLARE JAT OBC IS A CLEVER STEP OF SOME POLITICAL PEOPLE TO SHOW JATS DOWNWARD.
I DON'T THINK IT WILL HELP IN GETTING JOB IN ANY WAY BECAUSE THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF CASTES INCLUDED IN OBC LIST.
THE ONLY OUTPUT OF IT WILL BE THAT WE SHELL BE CALLED AS AN OBC & WE WILL LOOSE OUR SOCIAL STATUS WHICH OUR ELDERS GAVE US.
WHAT WOULD BE THE CONDITION OF MAHARAJA SURAJMAL IF HE CAME TO KNOW THAT JATS ARE GOING TO BE IN OBC CATEGORY.
TO GET THE SUCCESS HARD WORK IS THE PRIME REQUIRMENT BECAUSE NO BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OBC & GENERAL.

**ONCE I WAS GIVING MY ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM & I AM THE ONLY JAT AT THE CENTRE AT ALLAHABAD.
A MAN CAME TO ROOM & ANNOUNCED ABOUT RESERVATION & TOLD ME TO GIVE MY NAME AS I WAS THE ONLY JAT THERE. BUT I FULLY REFUSED IT & TOLD IN THE CLASSROOM THAT JAT DON'T NEED ANY RESERVATION. I HAVE GOT A RANK TO GET ADDMISSION ON FREE SEAT. IF I WOULD TAKE THE OFFER I WOULD SURELY BE EVEN IN A VERY PRESTIGIOUS COLLEGE BUT IT DOES NOT AFFECT ME BECAUSE I HAVE GOT VERY GOOD PERCENTAGE IN MY COLLEGE EXAMS NEAR ABOUT 80'S. I BELIEVE IN MY HARD WORK &
I WILL DO GOOD I BELIEVE.**

ON BEING A GENERAL CATEGORY CHEERS UP YOU FROM YOUR INSIDE & I AM SURE YOU WILL DO WHAT YOU ARE NOT EVEN EXPECTING.
THERE IS NO ANY RESPECTABLE STATUS OF YADAVS IN THE SOCIETY & NOR A SO MUCH PEOPLES FROM THEM ARE IN GOOD SERVICES. I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE GOT ANYTHING FROM OBC EXCEPT LOOSING OF STATUS.
JATS HAVE A VERY BIG & ROYAL STATUS & WE MUST NOT EVEN THINK TO COMPROMISING WITH IT. WHAT WE MUST DO IS TO CHEER UP, HELP FARMERS OF THE VILLAGES & WHO ARE STUDYING MAKE THOSE JATS CONCENTRATING TOWARDS THERE GOAL & I KNOW THAT JATS CAN DO AAAAAANYTHING THEY WANT TO.
JATS HAVE A VERY SHARP MIND ONLY THEY HAVE TO USE IT. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. WE SHOULD INCREASE THE HIGHT OF THE STATUS NOT TO EXPOIL IT.

**IF ANYONE CAN SUGGESS IT TO THE ANY POLOTICAL POWER I REQUEST HIM TO MAKE JATS COUNTED IN GENERAL CATEGORY(WHERE THEY ARE IN OBC) & I AM SURE THIS WILL BE THE SUCCESS GATE FOR THE JAT COMMUNITY. THIS CAN BE DONE IN JAT MAHASABHAS.**

**STRONGLY OPPOSE IT **

The difference between OBC & GENERAL for any govt. service or addmission is

= 20 - 19
Because in OBC there is also a big crowd even may be bigger than in GENERAL. Very few caste are included now in general. only relaxation in age is there no other big advantage.

SO WE HAVE ADVANTAGE = 1 POINT

Now as we will loose our social status & this can mently affect us(be practical) so the difference in self respect in OBC & GENERAL is
15 - 20

Because being an OBC one's self respect goes fallen down when other call him as OBC & if he is a JAT then it may create bigger problem & he may divert from his main goal. Why in any exam general score more why not OBC & SC/ST because they are cheered up by their inner respect.

SO WE HAVE DISADVANTAGE = 5 POINTS

SO THE DISADVANTAGE IS MORE BY 4 POINTS.

SO OVERALL WE WILL HAVE ONLY DISADVANTAGE BY THIS.

I am not from a very big family but know what I have to do & I believe in my work not in reservation like stupid offers from govt.

Think about Pandits, Baniyas & Thakurs. They are also not having a very big status but on being GENERAL category they are loaded with their inner self respect so it make them ahead in competition.

JATS are having very biiger self respect than Pandits, Baniyas & Thakurs so if we are included in GENERAL category we can do very much better than those other.

DO hard work success will be yours
- RAHUL

scsheorayan
June 20th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Wish more young Jats showed your type of confidence and will to work hard. Good luck in your endevours and always try to do better than the next person. Reservation or no reservation it makes very little difference in the end. It is your own motivation and self respect which will keep you going on the right track and success in life.

May God bless you with long and happy life.

crsnadar
June 20th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Thanks to you SHUBHA JI,
You are agree with me so again Thanks.

I am getting so dipressed from the time when this OBC name touch our community. Not even me there are many like me who are getting depression only by this word reservation.
JAT are not OBC from anywhere then why this name is attached with us.
Upper political powers accept this demand very immidiatly because they know that it does not make any big difference. The only output of it will be the depression to the JAT's.
So we must strongly oppose it.

Thanks,
Bye
-Rahul

scsheorayan
June 21st, 2002, 07:13 AM
Well on this I will disagree with you because:
1. As you said it does not really matter then why worry about little things when there are bigger and better things to worry about.

2. Some people within our community still believe that it is good for them and if you start opposing it. You end up fighting with your own people for nothing.

3.Regarding the depression caused due to OBC status I think you need to grow up and learn to take things in the stride and control the ego. In order to survive in this cruel World you have to learn to be thick skinned somewhat and not wear your heart on the sleeve.

If you don't want reservation don't take it and feel happy about it but for those who want it don't deprive them of the opportunity.

vjanu
June 26th, 2002, 09:25 AM
First of all, I am really new to posting here on the forum (though I have been a member for quite some time) so a hello to all people!

Coming to the issue, I strongly believe that reservation should be on the basis of economic status only and caste based discrimination/reservation should be done away with completely.

Also, somehow... I did not know that Jats have reservation! I have been in Bombay for the past few years and havent been to my home in Rajasthan... nor have I kept myself updated on Rajathan's political scenario... so the news is total surprize for me!

Regards,

--
vivek

ps: hoping to catch-up once I am back home!

abhishek
June 26th, 2002, 01:40 PM
so much for the self confidence and pride that it makes us jats absolutely blind.
Point is not in chest beating and showing that we are not inferior or whatever point is being practical and making most of oppurtunities we get.
Reservation might not make sense fr ppl like us seating in airconditioned chambers working in front of fast m/c's but for those boys who are out there in rural areas fighting for jobs,admission,they really need it. Because when they get behind in this rat race they take other means of livelihood and we jats get branded as hoodlums.
Come to villages see the schools and you will know why we need reservation.
Rather than going around and declaring that "we don't need it" we should get quietly use it and climb the ladder up in social hiearchy.

crsnadar
June 26th, 2002, 09:54 PM
YA I AM AGREE WITH YOU THAT I AM NOT SO MATURE ON THIS ISSUE.
ONLY THING WAS THAT I HAD TO LET KNOW MY JATBHAIS THAT WHAT IS THE GROUND REALITY IS.
IF SOME JATBHAIS REALLY NEED THIS THEN IT IS OKEY.

BUT PLEASE SHUBHA JI DO NOT BLAME ME TO START INTERCOMMUNITY WAR BECAUSE I ONLY WANT TO SEE MY JATBHAIS GOING UPWARD ONLY.
MAY BE I HAVE NOT SUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.
YOUR COMMENTS MAY HELP ME IN GROWING MY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS.
THANX SHUBHA JI
YOUR YOUNGER JATBHAI
***RAMRAM***
-BYE
_RAHUL

crsnadar
June 26th, 2002, 09:55 PM
YA I AM AGREE WITH YOU THAT I AM NOT SO MATURE ON THIS ISSUE.
ONLY THING WAS THAT I HAD TO LET KNOW MY JATBHAIS THAT WHAT IS THE GROUND REALITY IS.
IF SOME JATBHAIS REALLY NEED THIS THEN IT IS OKEY.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT BLAME ME TO START INTERCOMMUNITY WAR BECAUSE I ONLY WANT TO SEE MY JATBHAIS GOING UPWARD ONLY.
MAY BE I HAVE NOT SUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.
YOUR COMM

scsheorayan
June 27th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Hello Rahul,

It is all right to express your opinion and provide rationale for it. Life is a great teacher and we all grow and learn so long we keep an open mind. Good students usually have an open mind and are curious to learn. Maintain that curiosity and you will be able to help others less fortunate than yourself.

shokeen123
June 27th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Dear Rauhl et.al.

I second the view expressed by Shubha Chand Bhai. All he is trying to say is that while the younger generation needs your kind of honesty and enthusiasm, we have long way to make every young Jat kid as successful as you, reality being multiple social, economical and political roadblocks. I think each one of us has an opinion on the so-called ground reality, and I believe this forum will not be able to prove or render any one opinion more valuable than the other, therefore, let's us allow the unbiased flow of ideas. There is indeed a lot of truth in Abhiseik's urging. It will also be helpful to go back and read some of the comments posted on the similar topic under another heading (Reservation – Do we need it?).

In fact, going by your own admission, you were the only Jat in the engineering entrance exam, ever wondered why?

May we request use of lowercase English instead of ALL CAPS? I sometimes have hard time reading … Thanks!

Sujata

sandeepbalyan
July 2nd, 2002, 08:58 PM
HI Friends
This is a great topic..Jats and reservation..
What i think is ..
It is required very much ..and is good also ..
C lots of our brother and sisters r in village
they do not have nice resources for study ..basically english mediums..
and even though they r intellegent they cant cross over exams because of lack of confidence that is due to english..once u r family comes out of village and u study in convent school..than it is okee u dont require reservation ..but for those who r in villages and r trying to hard to coem out for best of there family...what abt them ..
If u all dont know I will tell u lots of guys of out great community r post graduate and working in fields..means farms ...did they do not deserve a nice job ...is it good they work in fields and some oen low to them goes on in reservation to do job..
we r proud of our cast ..no one can ever say
any negative abt jats ..if soem one says he is jealous of us ..
Friemd I want to say ..there r places where reservation is required for us ..
just take this note in positive ..

Regds
sandeep
"Want to do something for my community ..and will do ..one day "

itsnavin
July 8th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Hi
The topic is quite interesting but I would like to have the attention of Ch. Rahul that OBC tag doesn't mean that it will hamper our dignity in the society. I don't want to say that Jats are not progressing but OBC things will expedite this progress and it will give chance to those bright Jats who couldn't make it due to competition with other competitors from rich families. At least you'll agree with this that today most of the students taking admission to IITs and other good colleges are those who've enough to pay for the coaching centres like FIIT-JEE, VidhyaMandir Classes, Brilliants' etc. but could you imagine that how can a farmer with 5 Bighas of land or no land can send his son/daughter to FIIT-JEE for coaching only where he's not even sure of the admission.
I think, we shouldn't feel degraded with OBC tag and try to make the most of it. We've to look forward to our JatBhais who want this desperately not for us that this tag will be a nail in our dignity who are already well to do(atleast making a living)
When I read this news for the first time, I felt the same like you but after a second thought, I was clear to me.
I hope you'll also give it a second thought.
Regards
Navin

jataljaat
August 14th, 2002, 05:37 PM
wah bhai kati e kammal kar diya merheyaar article main.aaj kayi e dina baad koi apne style ka jat dekhan ne milya.
cheers.
singh

rahulgochhwal
October 20th, 2002, 11:13 PM
saare bhaiyon or beheno ko Ram Ram..
this is a very important topic for the kom which desreves a good debate.
well personally even my pride is hurt when i see myself being considered from some "backward caste" that too when i grew up believing ours to be the superior caste.
we need to have a much mature attitude towards this issue.
Historicaaly JATs have been discriminated against. Inspite of laying their lives by thousands for the British Army they got a very raw deal from them. Almost all the land allotments went to the Sikhs and other people. Ya to JAT viroon ne sarhad par golian khai..ya wapis laut kar gaaliyan..ar saari dood malai kha ge or.
Neither the situation was good in the villages ..the village baniya was like the leech sucking blood from poor and farmers. Most of the fasal went in paying off the interest..leave alone the principle.So the question of giving a good education to their children just didnt arise. And the jats had no forceful lobby so as to make the british look into their plight. . After independence too the the track record of education reforms by the succesive govt. have been quite dismal in general and particularly bad in JAT dominated areas.
So the politicians maybe having some vested interests in giving the Quota to the Jats, but it was badly needed.
I am very much against reservations per se.Maybe our leaders still look for shortcuts....i mean chalo achhi education nahi to quota hi de do. which is very very wrong. Par jab iska sabhi labh utha rahein hain to JAT to iske sahi hakdaar hain.So let us not be trapped into our egos and look forward to the upliftment of our bretheren. We could say that we guys are lucky ones to be here,decent educationand all Think about rest ofthe people in the villages. Land holding are small..unproductive. we needs more jobs now. ..

ajaynehra
October 20th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Hi

JATS never need reservation, But what I oppose is , any sort of cast and creed based reservation. It is unethical of making some deserving persons not getting what they deserve and to give a lot to totally undeserving persons. I remember incident , Iw as in JAT school , Rohtak and one of my friend S. Bahalahra was dedicated to be a doctor and he made it in 2-3 tries but he got so depresed when he saw the reserved persons getting admisions at the renks just touching ground. He made it somehow and now he is a doctor. But my point is , rightnow reservation is not required at all . The capable persons will achieve what they want b'oz of their hard work and talent.

This is the fact and truth that existing reservation decreases the chances of general category persons being that successfull.
We JATS have to do a lot , b'coz we are the farmer community and now a days the lands <khet> are being divided among many generations and the land per family is decreasing and it will keep on decreasing in future . So we all JATS have to work hard and study higher and higher and help all JATS to come up.

I see lots of JAT kids in villeges are not intersted in study and making gunda gardi at the time when they should study otherwise they have to face tough time.

Your suggestions are most welcome

AJAY NEHRA