PDA

View Full Version : Fortress of Deeg

yvsgaawar
July 11th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Ram-Ram to all Jats,
"In 1730, crown prince Surajmal is reported to have erected the strong fortress with towering walls and a deepwater moat with high ramparts about 20 feet wide in the southern portion of the town."(Comments are from JATLAND.COM Site, History/Bharatpur Section)
This is what a JAT king constructed in 1730. Have any of you visited the site recently? I did. The condition of the fortress is more vulnerable then any other historical monument around(Most of them are from Muslim rulers and Govt. is more sympathetic towards Muslim Structures). No cleaning work inside or outside of the fort is happening. If you go inside you will see rubbles of collapsed walls and buildings, donkeys, cows are moving freely. Kids playing Cricket inside. Except one(I think it was "Raja's Durbar"), no structure is standing inside the Fort. Even this structure is been occupied by the Govt.(A school or Wireless service station was there). One of the big "Burj", who is holding the big GUN("TOP"), is about to collapse. I did use all my efforts to reach on to the top of the "BURJ", there was no proper path to reach there.
Can we do something to restore this old monument. Govt. spend lot to maintain the RED Fort of Delhi and all other Muslim structures, why can't we help/force govt. to do something to restore this historical Monument(Pride for JATS)?

Thanks

Yagya