PDA

View Full Version : For whom the bugle calls

amitdahiya
July 15th, 2002, 09:23 PM
The Hindustan Times New Delhi reports that Flying officer Dahiya ( First name not given) was lost to the nation in an air crash, some where in Assam, during a routine training sortie. I join you in honouring the memory of this fine young man who too has given his life for the freedom that we celebrate every moment with our lives and whose sacrifice is in no measure less honourable than that of those who fall in action. The Airforce has called off the effort to find the crashed plane, after a massive effort failed to locate the missing aircraft. Very dense forest cover has defeated the efforts of air and ground parties to locate the crash site.

scsheorayan
July 16th, 2002, 06:58 AM
May God rest his soul in peace and give family strength to bear the tremendous loss.

proudjat
July 16th, 2002, 10:24 AM
But this doesn't prove that he is no more. May be some miracle has happened and he comes back ..........
I hope n pray for that.

amitdahiya
July 18th, 2002, 10:26 PM
It is exactly for this kind of situation that Tagore wrote one of my favourite quotations'Faith is the bird that sees the light and sings when the dawn is dark' I like your faith Seema. Perhaps we should all draw inspiration from your attitude and while preparing for the worst continue to hope for the best.The Pilot who went down with him was Squadron Leader Khan his instructor. Our young jat brother was a kid just learning how to play with the clouds and the dawn when he lost his life Thank you for your faith