PDA

View Full Version : Help Support Satveer's Re-election Campaign

shokeen123
August 26th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Dear all:

Some time ago, I took great pride in introducing to you all, Senator, Satveer Chaudhary. Today, I am making a plea to help support his re-election campaign. Unfortunately, the moral support alone wouldn’t go far enough to help reelect him. Supporting him would translate into monetary contribution. I had mentioned in one of my earlier notes, that I had attended one of his several fund-raisers in Washington DC. What astonished me the most was that there were a lot of Guptas, Khannas, Jains, and Aroras, but there weren’t any Jats! I guess the reason is simple, these people were there to show their support now, so that they can expect him to help them later! I guess the point I am trying to make is that we can also be visible in his support, if not going to the fund raisres, at least through mail in contribution. I would like to share that I have personally contributed monetarily despite my personal financial difficulties - I sure do know it was for a great cause. Please don’t let him down. Let him know you care - more than words. Thanks!

Any ideas on fund raising activities? Please share them under this thread. I am also forwarding a letter from Satveer, to all of you.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for all your past support. Two years ago Indians across America made history with my election to the Minnesota Senate. Due to reapportionment of legislative districts, I must run for re-election this year. Unfortunately, in a cynical grab for power my Democratic predecessor—who resigned his seat to run unsuccessfully for Congress in 2000—is now challenging me in the Democratic primary! The history we made is in jeopardy, and I once again ask for your help.

Would you please help my re-election effort by volunteering or making a financial contribution? Just two hours of help makes a big difference! Just email or call with your contact information and we will plug you into the campaign. Corporate donations are unfortunately not allowed.

In this new century it’s time for a fresh, clear-headed voice for all Indians. After the September 11 tragedy, I traveled across Minnesota and America speaking against reprisals against Indians and for national unity. Now let us all come together once again to fight this cynical challenge! I’m ready for this challenge—will you please join me? You will have my sincere gratitude.

Why help an Indian to public office? Your contribution to Indian elected officials are vital to all our success. Indians have slowly become more involved in politics and have seen its benefits. But do you trust today’s government 100% to preserve your family’s future in this great nation? Are the schools to your satisfaction? Are green cards being processed timely? Can you practice medicine freely? Will your family in India be allowed to visit you? Can you hire the employees you need? Are taxes equitable? If your answer is ‘no’, I humbly ask you to invest today—and invest well—in one of our own to fight for that assurance.

The proof is right here in Minnesota. We’ve accomplished so much for Indians in just two terms in the House of Representatives and my first term in the Senate. Please visit WWW.CHAUDHARY.ORG to review our accomplishments. We have established new south Asian language programs, faster labor certification for green cards, Medtronic’s new world headquarters, countless visas expedited by my good-offices, and even new cricket grounds at our National Sports Center! If we all participate in this victory, the practical benefits are boundless.

The history we made must continue to ensure our voice is heard in this great country and around the world. Let us step forthrightly into the bright sunshine of a new millennium where Indians have a clear, trusted voice for them and their children’s future. It would mean the world to me if you invested in this future. Don’t hesitate to stay in touch, and many thanks!

Satveer Chaudhary
Minnesota State Senator
www.chaudhary.org
1601 North Innsbruck Drive
Fridley, MN 55432
763-571-0897 (h) 651-296-4334 (w

mdogiyal
August 27th, 2002, 01:44 AM
I am not staying in america but forward this mail to all of my friends who are working and doing business in USA.It is very good opporunity for all of us to support him by all means to establish our name there and utimately his efforts going to help us only.I thanks Sujata ji for initiating this great Campaign.

Always available for all Social Work.

solanki
August 27th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Even though not in Minnesota (i'm in Texas), I would like to support Satveer's campaign. I have forwarded his message to my friends in minnesota and asked them to spread the word in their networks. I would also like to contribute financially..please let me know how to donate, on the website, check, MO?
Thanks'
Solanki

shokeen123
August 27th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Girish:

Please use this URL to contribute on line:

http://www.chaudhary.org/index.asp?Page=SUMMARY&GroupID=5&DTID

Thanks for your support, I am sure he will appreciate every bit! He can also be reached at his cell phone: (612) 207-5745 for more ideas.

Sujata