PDA

View Full Version : SHAME!!!

amitdahiya
September 20th, 2002, 12:32 PM
A study based on the lates census reveals that Haryana along with Punjab has the lowest birth rate of females in the country.

In nature females tend to exceed males slightly in number but here in India the use of sex determinant science is being used in the name of family planning to eliminate female offspring before birth This is an act of senseless, barbaric, eviland cold blooded murder.

In the Jat community the birth rate is about 750 live births of females per 1000 and you know as well as I do that even these 750 arent all allowed to make it in life. The hell with the petty narrow small and sefish /egoistic issues that we raise on this site. Speak up and be heard now!!! loud and clear against this genocidal crime before it consumes us. For Gods sake these are young Jats who are being killed off by money counting scum, who in the day masquerade as Jats and reap the benefits of belonging to a great race of warriors, but commit this horrific crime on the way to the bank when no one is watching.

And to add to the shame. the prosperous Jats from the rich areas are in the lead. I havent been able to hold my head up in the company of my friends for the last few days since we all read this report. Suddenly my two sisters have become symbols of something very precious - an endangered species. So put up the name of the Jat girl as the worlds most highly endangered living creature and commit your self to saving the Jat girl child now.

Yesterday I had a meeting with several Jat Soldiers and Generals and they have accepted my suggestion that we shall address this evil as a central theme in the RIDE FOR PRIDE when several hundred Jat Horsemen will ride from Bharatpur on 21.2.2003 to Delhi, tracing the footsteps of Legendary peasant warrior King Maharaja Suraj Mal. The ride for pride is part of a catalysing campaign to provoke progressive growth in the Jat community and to aggressively attack the evils that inhibit our growth.

Amit Dahiyabadshah
Kakroi
Sonepat
Haryana
India

sanjayrathee
September 20th, 2002, 06:44 PM
That's the truth & we people as society shall try our leval best to eradicate such evil's.
Thanks for raising the issue Amit bhai keep it up & we all should try not only to post eye openers like this but also try to make sincere efforts for the cause.

rajeshsindhu
September 20th, 2002, 11:23 PM
as an addendum to this shocking crime:
-- its the females themselves( the expecting Jat mothers) who are taking lead in going for this crime. Of coures men are also equally responsible. But in vallages i saw that expectant mothers are more eager not to have a girl child.
Well, i can provide an excuse for them too: perhaps they (the women) have experienced such a bad treatment from this male dominated jat society that they don't want their own blood also suffer the way they suffered. But this argument is less applicable to rich Jat women.

Its a hydraheaded problem. and every one is responsible for this.

-Rajesh

bharti
September 21st, 2002, 11:36 AM
Thanks for raising this issue here, AmitJi.
It is not only females, but males are equally responsible.
I remember my own brother-in-law commenting on one of our uncles who had just 2 daughters that --- us aadmi ki zindagi ka koi maksad nahin hai!!! ( though both these girls were very brilliant )
and then this same brother-in-laws son(the MAKSAD of His life ) married a Bania girl secretly and the same person does not want to see the face of Maksad of his Life.

I have a daughter and YES I AM PROUD TO HAVE A DAUGHTER.

urmiladuhan
September 21st, 2002, 10:05 PM
I think, all our social problems are interlinked. Right kind of education will

not only bring money to our community but also give people an identity more in tune with the needs of our community today.

Since girls in villages (and even in cities)

are unable to contribute much financially, they are considered a burden. It would all change if girls are encouraged to get educated and employed. For this, the girl child needs a social environment conducive to

her learning and which promotes her independence. This requires educated parents and relaxation of socila "rules" for the girl (like getting married by certain age).

amitdahiya
September 24th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Dear Sanjay
I agree with you but this is an issue where we have to commit ourselves emotionally, intellectually, practically and indeed spiritually.

This evil practice began about 1980 when ultra sound arrived in India in a big way. Many quacks and 'Donation facilitated doctors' made good money by gender determination services leading almost inevitably to abortion.

That was also the time when rural North Indian men had begun taking their womenfolk to see a doctor. The terrible truth is that until then many farmers would sooner fetch a vet foir the buffalo than a doctor for a woman of the house. These Doctors are mainly to blame for offering this evil service in the first place but now legislation and even the penal code are being amanded suitably to indicate stringent and deterrant punishment for this. Will these measures stop this practice? NO!

We need to make a beginning here which involves us the memebers of jatland first and then the initiative could radiate outwards in diffrenet directions . Any ideas anyone??

Regards and thank you for your perusal

Amit Dahiyabadshah

Sanjay Rathee (Sep 20, 2002 09:14 a.m.):
That's the truth & we people as society shall try our leval best to eradicate such evil's.
Thanks for raising the issue Amit bhai keep it up & we all should try not only to post eye openers like this but also try to make sincere efforts for the cause.

amitdahiya
September 24th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Dear Rajesh
I think one factor that has facilitated this whole state of affairs is the misplaced sense of the family planning drive in rural farm lands. The strategy employed in fertile and highly productive areas is particularly flawed. Why should haryana and punjab have been targeted for family planning communication in the first place when the dedicated work force is a very large factor in the success of the green revolution.
Amit

Rajesh Sindhu (Sep 20, 2002 01:53 p.m.):
as an addendum to this shocking crime:
-- its the females themselves( the expecting Jat mothers) who are taking lead in going for this crime. Of coures men are also equally responsible. But in vallages i saw that expectant mothers are more eager not to have a girl child.
Well, i can provide an excuse for them too: perhaps they (the women) have experienced such a bad treatment from this male dominated jat society that they don't want their own blood also suffer the way they suffered. But this argument is less applicable to rich Jat women.

Its a hydraheaded problem. and every one is responsible for this.

-Rajesh

amitdahiya
September 24th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Dear Bharti
Nice to know youve got a daughter I always wanted one but somehow we never mastered the technology so we have two boys Bharat and Karn - a good one and a bad one ( just kidding) What is your daughters name? Hey youve just given me an idea . As a sign of our committment on this issue why dont we all post the first names of all our female relatives below the age of 15. It offers recognition to their existence and it will affirm that we are not part of those offending evil members of our tribe?

Our family treasure of girls is quite amazing so here goes: Anguri, Anjali, Aditi, Archana, Gitanjali, Udita, Tushita, Tara, Ratna, Kamna, Surabhi, Aarti, Tripti, Sandhya, Simran.........

Bharti Sindhu (Sep 21, 2002 02:06 a.m.):
Thanks for raising this issue here, AmitJi.
It is not only females, but males are equally responsible.
I remember my own brother-in-law commenting on one of our uncles who had just 2 daughters that --- us aadmi ki zindagi ka koi maksad nahin hai!!! ( though both these girls were very brilliant )
and then this same brother-in-laws son(the MAKSAD of His life ) married a Bania girl secretly and the same person does not want to see the face of Maksad of his Life.

I have a daughter and YES I AM PROUD TO HAVE A DAUGHTER.

bharti
September 26th, 2002, 11:33 AM
AmitJi,
A good idea indeed.
well, in my family we have....
Anju,Aakanksha, Abhiruchi, Khushboo , Pallavi, Mehak, Yavanikaa, Koyal (my Bitia, 4yrs6mths)

Amitji, one thing is for sure , atleast when my daughter is of marriageable age , I should not have any problem finding a boy for her as boys will be in good number and Girls in Demand. baaki Demand(read dowry) to log bhool hi jaayenge, unko ladki mil jaaye wahi bahut hoga.
regards
bharti.

amitdahiya
September 26th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Bharti Ji
What a nice name Koyal is. May she have a wonderful, happy life with every opportunity to be what she can be. And may the utterance of her name be auspicious for this simple movement of affirmation of the Jat girl child.

But have you noticed something strange that this simpole act of recognising the Jat girl child is being met with a strange and defeaning silence. I hope it doesnt mean what I think it means. Surely we all have little girls in all our families, then where are their names and where are they, are they o.K and finally I hope they exist in numbers large enough for us to read their names here and rejoice in their being and knowing that none of us belong to the tribe of Baby Jat Girl Killers.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

yvsgaawar
September 26th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Amit Ji,
Why this partiality? Why shouldn't we post all the names including those of boys? Let the girls name come first and then the boy names. I would like to type all names, irrespective of their gender:

Sushma, Guddi, Saroj, Manisha, Renu, Dinesh, Munesh, Sarita, Laxmi, Ranjeeta.

Prateek, Manvir, Paramvir, Mintu, Pappu.

And I do not understand, how can a person kill his own blood?????

bharti
September 27th, 2002, 10:50 AM
AmitJi,
Thanks. Koyal's grandfather gave her this name and she well justifies it. she sings very well and Asha bhosle is her favourite. she loves old songs.

VirJi,
we are not against any gender. I do believe in gender equality.some of the boys in my family are
Arun,Swaraj,Aakash,Abhishek,Mihir,Milind,Rohit,Vir aj(Golu),Sanchit

regards
bharti.

Amit Dahiya (Delhi) (Sep 26, 2002 07:40 a.m.):
Bharti Ji
What a nice name Koyal is. May she have a wonderful, happy life with every opportunity to be what she can be. And may the utterance of her name be auspicious for this simple movement of affirmation of the Jat girl child.

But have you noticed something strange that this simpole act of recognising the Jat girl child is being met with a strange and defeaning silence. I hope it doesnt mean what I think it means. Surely we all have little girls in all our families, then where are their names and where are they, are they o.K and finally I hope they exist in numbers large enough for us to read their names here and rejoice in their being and knowing that none of us belong to the tribe of Baby Jat Girl Killers.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

amitdahiya
September 27th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Bhai Yagyavir
No partiality intended just a craving to do something, anything even something so simple as the listing of our young Jat girls because there is no crisis with the gender testing of male foetuses. The report shows that for every 100 males we have only about 700-750 female live births. This is against all the laws of nature and interms of survival of the kaum the margin is quite slender you can grow in numbers with fewer male poulations but to survive at present levels you need more females than males that is how it works in nature. Play around with these numbers and we will cause a terrible 'pralaya' to befall us. It is not just the numbers of women but our values, our morals, our integrity, and even our courage will fail us and then where will we be.

But what i find so chilling is that for idle chatter and gossip and even for vanity posing wehave so much communication energy. But for a simple committment that reassures each one of us that we do celebrate the girl child in our families we dont have either the time or the motivation to stand up and be counted after all what are we asking of each other just the simple posting of our girl children. When I read the list of your names it is almostlike a beautiful sacremantal prayer or poem. This is a poem that we all write with our lives so why cant we do it here????
Could it be that there are only a handful of us who have girl children to speak of with names that are worthy of our utterance. Could it be that we too are guilty of this terrible deed and that we do not have beautiful girl children to call our own and to perform the 'uttchaaran of their names even in this enlightened safe place. My heart is heavy WHY ARENT WE RAISING OUR VOICES AND SINGING OUT OUR GIRL CHILDS NAME WITH PRIDE AND LOVE AND AFFIRMATION OF HER EXISTENCE! IS IT THAT THE JAT GIRL CHILD DOESNOT EVEN DESERVE THIS MUCH. COULD IT BE THAT IT IS TOO.LATE FOR HER.

It is a terrifying and chilling thought that on the land scape of the environment two beautiful and perfect creatures the tiger and the Jat Girl child are slowly fading out into the lonely darkness of extinction.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

YagyaVir Singh Gaawar (Sep 26, 2002 10:59 a.m.):
Amit Ji,
Why this partiality? Why shouldn't we post all the names including those of boys? Let the girls name come first and then the boy names. I would like to type all names, irrespective of their gender:

Sushma, Guddi, Saroj, Manisha, Renu, Dinesh, Munesh, Sarita, Laxmi, Ranjeeta.

Prateek, Manvir, Paramvir, Mintu, Pappu.

And I do not understand, how can a person kill his own blood?????

amitdahiya
September 27th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Dear Bharti and YagyaVir
In our scriptures and philosophy the word is a very powerful 'yantra' a device that is capable of achieving a great deal if used correctly it is also why we choose names so carefully in all oriental societies and. A simple thing like the correct pronounciation of the word elevates the power of the word to a mantra and then its simple uttcharan is enough to unleash powerful forces within our beings to confront both challenge and adversitybwith great fortitude. I believe that the problem of the girl child has been created by evil forces and that the simple posting of girl child names and just their simple uttchaaran
will generate a simple positive energy which can only help us in our deliberations and efforts to hel[p thge Jat Girl child.

I am happy to report that the RIDE FOR PRIDE in which Riders from all over the jat lands will be participating in a tough and gruelling emulation of Maharaj Surajmal's campaign from Bharatpur to Delhi a few centuries ago has agreed to raise this in Jat Village sammelan type seminars enroute, as one of the ten issues that can critically affect the security and progress of the Jat Kaum.

Regards and good wishes
Amit Dahiyabadshah

AmitJi,
Thanks. Koyal's grandfather gave her this name and she well justifies it. she sings very well and Asha bhosle is her favourite. she loves old songs.

VirJi,
we are not against any gender. I do believe in gender equality.some of the boys in my family are
Arun,Swaraj,Aakash,Abhishek,Mihir,Milind,Rohit,Vir aj(Golu),Sanchit

regards
bharti.

Amit Dahiya (Delhi) (Sep 26, 2002 07:40 a.m.):
Bharti Ji

Amit Dahiyabadshah[/quote]