PDA

View Full Version : one more ... Maj Rajeev Dahiya

rajeshsindhu
October 3rd, 2002, 02:50 AM
Shahidon ki chitaao par lagenge har varsh mele,
Vatan par marne waalon kaa yahin baaki nishan hogaa.

[verbatim from tribune ]
Major cremated with honours

The mortal remains of Maj Rajeev Dahiya, who was killed while fighting militants in the Surrankote sector of
Jammu and Kashmir, were consigned to the flames here last evening with full military and state honours. A large
number of people from Jind and surrounding villages attended his cremation. The procession which started from
the local Urban Estate Colony passed through main markets of the city to reach the cremation ground.
Shopkeepers in several markets of the city downed their shutters as a mark of respect to the brave soldier. Mr
Rahul, the younger brother of Maj Rajeev Dahiya, lit the funeral pyre.

While Mr Rajeev Sharma, Deputy Commissioner, Jind placed a wreath on his body on behalf of the Haryana
Governor, Mr Surinder Singh Barwala, Member of Parliament, placed a wreath on behalf of the Haryana Chief
Minister.

Col Rajinder Singh who accompanied the body of Major Dahiya from Surrenkote to Jind disclosed that he was
killed when the troops clashed with the heavily armed militants at Morabichhai village in the Surrankote sector on
September 30. He said on a tip off that some militants were hinding at Morabichhai village, Major Dahiya along
with several other officers and soldiers had launched a pre-dawn operation to flush them out. In the gun battle
that followed he was killed. A braveofficer, who had killed five, militants on January 22, 2002, was awarded the
?Shaurya Chakra? on the Independence Day this year.

Major Dahiya was born at Bhatt village in Sonepat district on December 13, 1971. He received his education at
Jind and at Sainik School, Kunjpura, in Karnal District. He was commissioned in the Army in the year 1989 and
had served in different capacities at Jaipur, Dehradun and Jammu and Kashmir.

Major Dahiya leaves behind his wife Annu, three-years-old daughter Anyana besides parents, two brothers and
one sister.

sanjayrathee
October 3rd, 2002, 08:50 AM
My hearty tributes to the brave soldier,may his soul rest in peace.
Bharat ko tum par Garv hai Shaheed Maj. Rajeev.

ranjitjat
October 3rd, 2002, 02:23 PM
I also join you with heave heart to pay my rich tributes to this great brave officer& son of great mother India.
May God bless peace to his soul.
LONG LIVE MAJOR RAJEEV DAHIYA.

Rajesh Bhai you are 1 minute smarter.I got this said news on 30 th of september & waiting for more details.
The village is BHATT GAAM as we know not village of Bhatt as newspaper wrote.

rajeshsindhu
October 3rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
My, like any other Jat, goes out everytime i see one of my bretherns sacrificing his life. Why its always the Jats who are made to pay for and others are enjoying the fruits. Sometimes i really ask myself: how Jats' life has been different after independence than it was before. They are circumstanced just for sacrifice - whether its the English or their contemprary alterego in India today.

-Rajesh

bharti
October 4th, 2002, 11:06 AM
beton ki ye laashon pe tadapti hui maaen
dil poochta hai aise mein Bhagwan kahan hai?

pag-pag par yahan laashon ke ambaar lage hain
main kaise bata doon yahan shamshaan kahan hai

May Rajeev's soul rest in peace and may God give the grief striken family enough courage to bear this great loss.

scsheorayan
October 4th, 2002, 11:26 AM
May God rest his soul in peace and give his family the strength to bear the heavy loss. It is always the soldier who has to sacrify his life and with him die the dreams of his family which they see for him.

guliya
October 8th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Hum sab ki shrdhanjli Major Dahiya ko, nhagwan unki family ko himmat dey. I am sure we all can understand the pain, almost all jat families have many relatives who are in the armed forces

chashokverma
October 10th, 2002, 10:52 AM
May GOD rest his soul in peace and give all strength to his family to bear the loss.

Salute to the daparted soul.